or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread - Page 105

post #1561 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post




I give up - play your games.


Maybe I can help you with the olive branch concept. Here's an analogy: If you ever say to someone "I forgive you for this or that", when you say that to them you are in fact accusing them of this or that. Don't embed accusations in your olive branches.
post #1562 of 3844

I have no doubt that I would like the 940's, based on the similar reviews and my love for detail.

post #1563 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouspensky View Post

People listen to the same headphones with completely different setups each, and with a wide selection of all forms of music. We also have to take in account everybody's favorite type of sound signature. Is it any wonder why there is no universal agreement?popcorn.gif

Actually there is a universal agreement, at least in the genre called "high fidelity". If you ponder the meaning of that, it will make sense.
post #1564 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshoe99 View Post



Maybe I can help you with the olive branch concept. Here's an analogy: If you ever say to someone "I forgive you for this or that", when you say that to them you are in fact accusing them of this or that. Don't embed accusations in your olive branches.


 

/ignored

post #1565 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshoe99 View Post

Code:
The dip on the graph didn't show up in my listening, which is why I asked for examples.

 

You might try the track Porcupine Tree - Trains, the clapping section. Brooko didn't like how it sounded there.

 

@Brooko

Quote:

I give up - play your games.

It's a patience game,  you lost wink.gif.

 

post #1566 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshoe99 View Post


You took that second quote out of its context, which nullifies your argument.


Hey now, that's a bit uncalled for.  Posts like that will not endear you to many.

post #1567 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi View Post

@Brooko

It's a patience game,  you lost wink.gif.

 


Nah - just don't want to lower myself to the level of sniping.  I offered an olive branch.  It was ignored.  Those who know me on this forum will find me pretty even handed, and willing to see all sides of the debate.  I'm also here because I enjoy it, enjoy the community, and am learning a lot about my ultimate love (music).

 

I'd prefer to no longer communicate with oldshoe now.  All that would end up happening is for me to play his game and start belittling people for their opposing opinions.  I'd prefer to disengage.

 

He even spoke about it - many posts before ("I'm winning") - IMO it's a discussion, there should be no winners or losers, just interaction and enlightenment.

 

Thanks for the tip on EQing the mid-bass.  I tried it, but still couldn't get it quite right.  So I sold the 940's in the end.  Doesn't matter - love my DT880s and MS1is - and really looking forward to the HD600s.  plenty to keep me happy wink.gif

post #1568 of 3844
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital-Pride View Post





Hey now, that's a bit uncalled for.  Posts like that will not endear you to many.

You should re-read these posts. The quote was way, way out of context. Do you support the idea of that? It's very misleading. Of course, most of this discussion is misleading, and dare I say, not by accident. It's easy for you to forget all the mocking and other insults, maybe even easier if they get deleted. But, I'm still civil, and I don't hold a grudge, so if you have anything to offer on the Shure 940, I'm all ears. And just so you know, I donate thousands of dollars in gear every year to people I don't know and will never know, knowing only their need. That's who I am - mr. helpful. I could even help people here, if they were more polite instead of posting clown stuff and being insulting.
post #1569 of 3844

deadhorse.gif WTF happened to this thread? LOL I just opened it up and there it is... 5 pages arguing hahaha

post #1570 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post
Thanks for the tip on EQing the mid-bass.  I tried it, but still couldn't get it quite right.  So I sold the 940's in the end.

Well, I must ask if you used a good EQ, and which one ? I use DMG equality, because it was praised in the forum kvraudio. And also because it's relatively recent.

post #1571 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

 I offered an olive branch.
You forgot part of this. You should have said "I offered an olive branch with embedded accusations."
post #1572 of 3844

Team Delicious and Juicy Sound needs to bust a cap!  biggrin.gif

post #1573 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post

deadhorse.gif WTF happened to this thread? LOL I just opened it up and there it is... 5 pages arguing hahaha

You noticed ? popcorn.gif
 

 

post #1574 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post

deadhorse.gif WTF happened to this thread? LOL I just opened it up and there it is... 5 pages arguing hahaha

Too many off-topic posts about $10 speakers and bananas. I wish we could stick to the glorious 940, but even the heavyweights like Hertsens dropped in to bash the 940 here. Not very civil IMO.
post #1575 of 3844

 

This thread is very active.

 

Not sure if I should avoid the 940 because it's controversial, or accept the controversy is because it sounds like a $1000 headphone priced at $300?

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread