or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread - Page 91

post #1351 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshoe99 View Post

But on this site it's pretty obvious by now that nobody has done any serious comparisons, preferring to offer unfounded opinions.


I have :) Did side by side comparisons with the hd600

post #1352 of 3844

 

I did side by side comparisons with the 840 and I'm firm in my views there.

 

 

My views of the HD800 are a bit wishy washy, and a month or two inbetween.

 

I still think A2000X, T5p and SRH-940 are all 'similiar' sounding headphones, that I all like A LOT.

 

post #1353 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post





I have :) Did side by side comparisons with the hd600

The HD-600 legend is growing by the day. I did say somewhere that the Shure 940 seems like a clone of the 600 physically, if not sound.
post #1354 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

I did side by side comparisons with the 840 and I'm firm in my views there.

 

 

My views of the HD800 are a bit wishy washy, and a month or two inbetween.

 

I still think A2000X, T5p and SRH-940 are all 'similiar' sounding headphones, that I all like A LOT.

 

I'm surprised to hear that the T5P is similar. I sort-of expected it to have a Beyer house sound. And someone warned me about the 2000 being too harsh or something. Which makes sense - they probably would not like the 940 either.
post #1355 of 3844


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshoe99 View Post


That's not the way comparisons work, by listening to a song and saying "Yah - they sound alike." No - the way a comparison works is this: Skeptic says "Download track x by artist y from website z (i.e. Amazon or Apple), then listen to the bass lines at 1:05 to 1:10 and also at 2:23 to 2:33 and tell me which has the strongest/weakest bass, and also what the quality differences in those bass lines (i.e. impact, detail etc.)"

That's how a serious comparison works. But on this site it's pretty obvious by now that nobody has done any serious comparisons, preferring to offer unfounded opinions.

 

Just wrote a huge post - then reread it, and finally deleted it.  I was going to get decidedly sarcastic - and it helps no-one.

 

I have no interest at all if the HD800 and the SRH940 sound alike.  It wouldn't have influenced my decision to sell the SRH940, and if I ever had an interest in the HD800 I'd be demoing it for myself anyway.

 

I've done enough comparisons myself with different headphones (but thanks for your pointers - I'll be sure to bear them in mind - and yes that is tongue in cheek).  Will await your detailed comparison & also be interested in any debate that ensues - especially from those who've heard both.

post #1356 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post


 

 

Just wrote a huge post - then reread it, and finally deleted it.  I was going to get decidedly sarcastic - and it helps no-one.

 

I have no interest at all if the HD800 and the SRH940 sound alike.  It wouldn't have influenced my decision to sell the SRH940, and if I ever had an interest in the HD800 I'd be demoing it for myself anyway.

 

I've done enough comparisons myself with different headphones (but thanks for your pointers - I'll be sure to bear them in mind - and yes that is tongue in cheek).  Will await your detailed comparison & also be interested in any debate that ensues - especially from those who've heard both.

Here's my sarcasm for you. I don't do any of this for your benefit, only for the benefit of people who care how the 940 sounds compared to an actual reference, which seems outside of your comprehension range.
post #1357 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post


I have :) Did side by side comparisons with the hd600


So what were your thoughts?  This comparison I am interested in :)

 

post #1358 of 3844

Hmm... with all this praise for the SRH940s makes me feel uneasy going for the SRH840 instead. lol Wish I had the money to try out the SRH940 again.

post #1359 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshoe99 View Post


Here's my sarcasm for you. I don't do any of this for your benefit, only for the benefit of people who care how the 940 sounds compared to an actual reference, which seems outside of your comprehension range.


And I find myself suitably chastised wink.gif

post #1360 of 3844

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshoe99 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

I did side by side comparisons with the 840 and I'm firm in my views there.

 

 

My views of the HD800 are a bit wishy washy, and a month or two inbetween.

 

I still think A2000X, T5p and SRH-940 are all 'similiar' sounding headphones, that I all like A LOT.

 

I'm surprised to hear that the T5P is similar. I sort-of expected it to have a Beyer house sound. And someone warned me about the 2000 being too harsh or something. Which makes sense - they probably would not like the 940 either.


 

User "uelover" said the A2000X is his audio-technica dream headphone, and he calls the the T5p "very bright".

 

 

post #1361 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

Hmm... with all this praise for the SRH940s makes me feel uneasy going for the SRH840 instead. lol Wish I had the money to try out the SRH940 again.


My first reason for getting the srh940 was the build quality and design, otherwise I  would have considered the srh840.

post #1362 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

Hmm... with all this praise for the SRH940s makes me feel uneasy going for the SRH840 instead. lol Wish I had the money to try out the SRH940 again.

And silly me! Here I am in a hot discussion about the Shure 940, and I've been wandering around all day with a Vmoda M80 on my head.
post #1363 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post




So what were your thoughts?  This comparison I am interested in :)

 


They were posted on a link earlier but the short version is that I prefer the hd600 in the end. The shure gives the hd600 a good fight though and is more focused on high frequency detail than the hd600s. The upper mids are also slightly better on the Shures. In the end, I do find the Shures lack of low midrange body in relation to the highs to be slightly disturbing.

 

post #1364 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post




They were posted on a link earlier but the short version is that I prefer the hd600 in the end. The shure gives the hd600 a good fight though and is more focused on high frequency detail than the hd600s. The upper mids are also slightly better on the Shures. In the end, I do find the Shures lack of low midrange body in relation to the highs to be slightly disturbing.

 


Thanks - makes me look forward even more to the arrival of my HD600s.

post #1365 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post




Thanks - makes me look forward even more to the arrival of my HD600s.

Have you considered the hd598 too ?  It will be interesting when sennheiser will update the hd600 & hd650 models ...(just like for the hd595)
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread