So why didn't you like it high Q?...
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ? Last post on 3/21/11 at 1:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM 801 power supply question Last post on 9/11/10 at 12:58am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: The Battle of the DAPs – HiFiMAN vs. Studio 1 vs. iMod vs. DACport Last post on 7/19/10 at 1:46am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
Hifiman HM-801 help - Page 5post #61 of 684/3/11 at 2:13pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 684/3/11 at 2:39pm
I have never tried it, so I can't say it a bad sounding player as I'm looking SQ. Sflo2 for example, I can put up with it because of its SQ. Just curious how the SQ is like on the 801. I'm afraid of putting down the money, and end up regretting it. Thats all. If it was being sold from Amazon, I can get my refund without paying $$ for shipping back to China.
Edited by High_Q - 4/3/11 at 2:40pmpost #63 of 684/3/11 at 10:40pmThread Starter
sorry i misread your post, i see now!
yes, it's a bit of a risk, all i can say is i think it sounds amazing.
When it broke, i tried so hard not to like it, but i found myself really missing the sound.
It has a sort of airiness and space that i haven't heard on other players.post #64 of 684/4/11 at 2:38pmMy only issue with HM801 now is that the LCD screen get in dust very easily .I've tired to keep the body clean and keep it in the pouch as much as I can,but nothing helps.Not a big deal though... Hope mine can last at least 3years.post #65 of 684/7/11 at 2:44pmThread Starterpost #66 of 684/9/11 at 12:30am
You can also order the HM-801 from Headroom, who are based in the US (Montana) and are authorized dealers.
As for the GAME amp card, I think it's a good purchase if you listen to the HM-801 with sensitive IEMs, especially customs. The standard amp card has too high gain for my customs, and the GAME card gives me some more wiggle room at low volumes without channel imbalance. I don't think the GAME card sounds as good with full-size cans like my Edition 8 as the standard v.2 card though.post #67 of 685/13/11 at 10:46pm
so my hifiman 801 has the exact same problem as the OP now. at least the lineout works, but with such an expensive, high quality device, they should have used a more stable headphone jackpost #68 of 685/17/11 at 8:43am
Here are the details of a guy/company we have used to repair a completely defunct ITALIAN PCB!!!!
The service and repair and timescales were excellent and NOTHING was too much trouble - 6 months on the PCB is working perfectly!
Greasley Electronics Ltd
The Springboard Centre
- Hifiman HM-801 help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- HiFiMAN HM-801No reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ? 38 seconds ago
- › Hegel Super Headphone Amplifier / DAC 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio L1 in mint condition 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 3 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude