So why didn't you like it high Q?...
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ? Last post on 3/21/11 at 1:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM 801 power supply question Last post on 9/11/10 at 12:58am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: The Battle of the DAPs – HiFiMAN vs. Studio 1 vs. iMod vs. DACport Last post on 7/19/10 at 1:46am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/14
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Hifiman HM-801 help - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have never tried it, so I can't say it a bad sounding player as I'm looking SQ. Sflo2 for example, I can put up with it because of its SQ. Just curious how the SQ is like on the 801. I'm afraid of putting down the money, and end up regretting it. Thats all. If it was being sold from Amazon, I can get my refund without paying $$ for shipping back to China.
Edited by High_Q - 4/3/11 at 2:40pm
sorry i misread your post, i see now!
yes, it's a bit of a risk, all i can say is i think it sounds amazing.
When it broke, i tried so hard not to like it, but i found myself really missing the sound.
It has a sort of airiness and space that i haven't heard on other players.
You can also order the HM-801 from Headroom, who are based in the US (Montana) and are authorized dealers.
As for the GAME amp card, I think it's a good purchase if you listen to the HM-801 with sensitive IEMs, especially customs. The standard amp card has too high gain for my customs, and the GAME card gives me some more wiggle room at low volumes without channel imbalance. I don't think the GAME card sounds as good with full-size cans like my Edition 8 as the standard v.2 card though.
so my hifiman 801 has the exact same problem as the OP now. at least the lineout works, but with such an expensive, high quality device, they should have used a more stable headphone jack
Here are the details of a guy/company we have used to repair a completely defunct ITALIAN PCB!!!!
The service and repair and timescales were excellent and NOTHING was too much trouble - 6 months on the PCB is working perfectly!
Greasley Electronics Ltd
The Springboard Centre
- Hifiman HM-801 help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › soundbars that surpass general quality of floorstanders? 30 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › Not sure what to get... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 3 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-X MK3 Pro Extreme Rare 5 minutes ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 5 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)