So why didn't you like it high Q?...
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ? Last post on 3/21/11 at 1:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM 801 power supply question Last post on 9/11/10 at 12:58am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: The Battle of the DAPs – HiFiMAN vs. Studio 1 vs. iMod vs. DACport Last post on 7/19/10 at 1:46am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 1/22/15
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Hifiman HM-801 help - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have never tried it, so I can't say it a bad sounding player as I'm looking SQ. Sflo2 for example, I can put up with it because of its SQ. Just curious how the SQ is like on the 801. I'm afraid of putting down the money, and end up regretting it. Thats all. If it was being sold from Amazon, I can get my refund without paying $$ for shipping back to China.
Edited by High_Q - 4/3/11 at 2:40pm
sorry i misread your post, i see now!
yes, it's a bit of a risk, all i can say is i think it sounds amazing.
When it broke, i tried so hard not to like it, but i found myself really missing the sound.
It has a sort of airiness and space that i haven't heard on other players.
You can also order the HM-801 from Headroom, who are based in the US (Montana) and are authorized dealers.
As for the GAME amp card, I think it's a good purchase if you listen to the HM-801 with sensitive IEMs, especially customs. The standard amp card has too high gain for my customs, and the GAME card gives me some more wiggle room at low volumes without channel imbalance. I don't think the GAME card sounds as good with full-size cans like my Edition 8 as the standard v.2 card though.
so my hifiman 801 has the exact same problem as the OP now. at least the lineout works, but with such an expensive, high quality device, they should have used a more stable headphone jack
Here are the details of a guy/company we have used to repair a completely defunct ITALIAN PCB!!!!
The service and repair and timescales were excellent and NOTHING was too much trouble - 6 months on the PCB is working perfectly!
Greasley Electronics Ltd
The Springboard Centre
- Hifiman HM-801 help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 10 seconds ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 28 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › A bittersweet journey to Head-Fi'ing... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › HD650 Equivalents - What are my options! 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › WTB Tera player 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2