So why didn't you like it high Q?...
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- Which portable player has the best SQ? Last post on 8/2/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Source Gear
- dilemma in choosing portable player - Rocoo P / HM601 slim Last post on 7/27/12 at 6:57am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Edited on 12/28/12
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Hifiman HM-801 help - Page 5
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have never tried it, so I can't say it a bad sounding player as I'm looking SQ. Sflo2 for example, I can put up with it because of its SQ. Just curious how the SQ is like on the 801. I'm afraid of putting down the money, and end up regretting it. Thats all. If it was being sold from Amazon, I can get my refund without paying $$ for shipping back to China.
Edited by High_Q - 4/3/11 at 2:40pm
sorry i misread your post, i see now!
yes, it's a bit of a risk, all i can say is i think it sounds amazing.
When it broke, i tried so hard not to like it, but i found myself really missing the sound.
It has a sort of airiness and space that i haven't heard on other players.
You can also order the HM-801 from Headroom, who are based in the US (Montana) and are authorized dealers.
As for the GAME amp card, I think it's a good purchase if you listen to the HM-801 with sensitive IEMs, especially customs. The standard amp card has too high gain for my customs, and the GAME card gives me some more wiggle room at low volumes without channel imbalance. I don't think the GAME card sounds as good with full-size cans like my Edition 8 as the standard v.2 card though.
Here are the details of a guy/company we have used to repair a completely defunct ITALIAN PCB!!!!
The service and repair and timescales were excellent and NOTHING was too much trouble - 6 months on the PCB is working perfectly!
Greasley Electronics Ltd
The Springboard Centre
- Hifiman HM-801 help
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 24 seconds ago
- › Soundcard vs. DAC 47 seconds ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 50 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 51 seconds ago
- › Luxman P700u Headphone Amplifier Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Relatively cheap headphone measuring kit? 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe