So why didn't you like it high Q?...
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman hm-801 doesn´t work Last post on 4/26/11 at 9:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ? Last post on 3/21/11 at 1:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM 801 power supply question Last post on 9/11/10 at 12:58am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: The Battle of the DAPs – HiFiMAN vs. Studio 1 vs. iMod vs. DACport Last post on 7/19/10 at 1:46am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
Hifiman HM-801 help - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have never tried it, so I can't say it a bad sounding player as I'm looking SQ. Sflo2 for example, I can put up with it because of its SQ. Just curious how the SQ is like on the 801. I'm afraid of putting down the money, and end up regretting it. Thats all. If it was being sold from Amazon, I can get my refund without paying $$ for shipping back to China.
Edited by High_Q - 4/3/11 at 2:40pm
sorry i misread your post, i see now!
yes, it's a bit of a risk, all i can say is i think it sounds amazing.
When it broke, i tried so hard not to like it, but i found myself really missing the sound.
It has a sort of airiness and space that i haven't heard on other players.
You can also order the HM-801 from Headroom, who are based in the US (Montana) and are authorized dealers.
As for the GAME amp card, I think it's a good purchase if you listen to the HM-801 with sensitive IEMs, especially customs. The standard amp card has too high gain for my customs, and the GAME card gives me some more wiggle room at low volumes without channel imbalance. I don't think the GAME card sounds as good with full-size cans like my Edition 8 as the standard v.2 card though.
so my hifiman 801 has the exact same problem as the OP now. at least the lineout works, but with such an expensive, high quality device, they should have used a more stable headphone jack
Here are the details of a guy/company we have used to repair a completely defunct ITALIAN PCB!!!!
The service and repair and timescales were excellent and NOTHING was too much trouble - 6 months on the PCB is working perfectly!
Greasley Electronics Ltd
The Springboard Centre
- Hifiman HM-801 help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 8 seconds ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 11 minutes ago
- › Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. 11 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 13 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 14 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)