or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Xonar U3 USB DAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Xonar U3 USB DAC - Page 2

post #16 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post





And pricing?

I'll let you know when it goes on sale.

post #17 of 82

I hate to be a necromancer (though that might be cool too), but have there been any updates on this?

post #18 of 82
I hadn't even known about it until I found it on eBay! While it does pack decent specs for it's size, the seller's asking price is a bit much to justify purchasing one. rolleyes.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/120737194059

You'd be far better off waiting till whenever it hits online stores that ship to your area (US or Europe).
post #19 of 82

The Xonar U3 started showing up in some vendors databases (Shop BLT has it listed at $39). I have been using it big brother - the Xonar U1 - to listen to music at work, and I have no complaints about the sq, features or supplied software. According to Asus' web site, it uses the same chipset as the U1 - which is most likely a rebranded CMedia chipset -  so it might be a good option for an external sound card for a laptop while on the go.

 

I did compare the U1 to my EMU 0404 USB, Clip + and iPhone 4. For casual - non critical - listening, there was major sq difference to my ears.


Edited by os2k - 6/14/11 at 12:57pm
post #20 of 82

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?...-USB-Soundcard

I would buy but I'm actually waiting for Amazon to get some in stock since their return policy is much easier to deal with. I know a few people wanted these so here we go.

38.76-$5 OFF code = $33.76+shipping

Email Code: SUPERHOT

Email code works on anything in the store and expires on the 20th. HF.

post #21 of 82
I'm in Tokyo right now (from Texas) came across this in the akihabra district. Priced at 3980yen which comes to ~ $50
post #22 of 82
there is one in amazon also
post #23 of 82
Well, looks like we've got one inbound to the site I work at, so we'll (I'll, most likely) be doing a review of it biggrin.gif:) Unfortunately I'm no audiophile, nor even really worthy of "wanna-be" due to lack of funds, but I'll do my best!! Since it really isn't a high-end item it'll be compared against integrated codecs (and, because it's all I have currently redface.gif), Realtek ALC268 in my laptop and the VIA VT2020 on my desktop, using the Headphone Out on both.

It a fair assumption that something of this size really won't need any burn-in? Or should I run some pink noise through it for a day or two?
post #24 of 82

I got this on order through amazon.Going to try it out,hopefully it'll work better then my on board for my laptop. Mainly using it for gaming and movies. I may do a small review of it once it arrives.

post #25 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilword View Post

I got this on order through amazon.Going to try it out,hopefully it'll work better then my on board for my laptop. Mainly using it for gaming and movies. I may do a small review of it once it arrives.



I've got one. Definitely sounds better than my onboard sound of my macbook pro. I can't use any of the Xonar software, but it sounds GREAT with my Shure 750dj's. It gives it a "fuller" sound.

post #26 of 82

 

 

ASUS Xonar U3 USB Sound Card Review

 

 

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_xonar_u3/

post #27 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Duck View Post

 

 

ASUS Xonar U3 USB Sound Card Review

 

 

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_xonar_u3/

Thanks.

 

As expected, my impulse buy for a solid/portable gaming solution looks like it's going to be justified.

 

As long as there's no major latency involved, I may start recommending this little thing to competitive gamers that want to use analog headphones like the AD700s instead of USB headsets @ lans.

 

post #28 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post



Thanks.

 

As expected, my impulse buy for a solid/portable gaming solution looks like it's going to be justified.

 

As long as there's no major latency involved, I may start recommending this little thing to competitive gamers that want to use analog headphones like the AD700s instead of USB headsets @ lans.

 



There is already a low profile USB gaming soundcard, it's called Creative X-Fi Go! Oh, and it isn't limited to EAX 2 and 16/48 output like that Xonar U3. Just saying.

post #29 of 82

xonar cards have cmedia

 

yeck

 

how the sound is

post #30 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post





There is already a low profile USB gaming soundcard, it's called Creative X-Fi Go! Oh, and it isn't limited to EAX 2 and 16/48 output like that Xonar U3. Just saying.

 

I've already tested that card and noticed quite a bit of latency. Infact, I couldn't use it because it was so "laggy". While the Higher EAX level is good for the small handfull of older games that support it, I honestly don't see the point of output beyond 16/48khz. Especially for gaming. Just sayin.
 

Edit: Okay, there's 2 versions of the card, but the xfi Go! Pro is also limited to 16 bit/4xkhz.

 


Edited by Skylit - 7/12/11 at 9:13am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Xonar U3 USB DAC