Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Best Video Game Soundtracks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Video Game Soundtracks - Page 5

post #61 of 83

I have to second the Machinarium soundtrack. It's one of the few I listen to on a regular basis. The Witcher is another fantastic soundtrack. Medal of Honor has a pretty good one as far as FPS games go.

 

However, if there's one game I'm desperately wishing would release the soundtrack it's Portal 2. You can hack your way into the game and grab the audio files (which are WAV, thank you Valve!) but I'd prefer a polished soundtrack I could grab. The music is wonderful, though.

post #62 of 83

for me, definitely CRASHDAY:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfCu3Zscqxo

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmWMMwAQWqk

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJf50mqTqdo&feature=related

 

F.

 

 

post #63 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrxSTI View Post

Not a mention of Commandos 2 and the masterpieces of Mateo Pascual? blink.gif

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUBKaZodvOQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0YkamwA5X8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1M4cJa6efc&feature=related

 

The Bethesda Pirates of the Caribbean game from 2003 or so had some really nice music if I recall:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvCq-CuJnc4&feature=related

 

Then I like this electronic bit from the PS2 Burnout game:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTkSebGDjds&feature=related

 

Oh yeah and for those who have played the DBZ games on the Gameboy Advance I'm sure you'll remember this one, as it's just pure bad***;

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXYEMuw2AYs (the best bit around the 2 minute mark)

 

That's all I can come up with for now, I'm sure there's plenty more.


Not bad. Burnout 3 ost grabbed my attension. Good.

 

post #64 of 83

Sorry, but this is unbeatable:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGX4TTyNcrs

post #65 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougofTheAbaci View Post

I have to second the Machinarium soundtrack. It's one of the few I listen to on a regular basis. The Witcher is another fantastic soundtrack. Medal of Honor has a pretty good one as far as FPS games go.

 

However, if there's one game I'm desperately wishing would release the soundtrack it's Portal 2. You can hack your way into the game and grab the audio files (which are WAV, thank you Valve!) but I'd prefer a polished soundtrack I could grab. The music is wonderful, though.


Speaking of portal:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI

 

Made beating the game infinitely more satisfying.

 

post #66 of 83

Yeah, it really did. The sequel's final theme isn't quite as awesome if you ask me. However, it's definitely growing on me.

 

Personally, I think the best part was the operatic piece they did just before the credits. (No more detail given for those who haven't played.)

post #67 of 83

Oh man how I could forget this one! One Must Fall 2097 theme! It is so badass! As is the whole game now that I mention it. A fighting game where two tower sized robots beat the crap out of each other, how cool is that!? Plus its Freeware nowadays so download it if you can, you just need Dosbox for it.

 

 

 

 

 

PS. I firmly believe that Mortal Kombat 9 ripped Noob Saibot's moves from this game, from Shadow robot that is. Or perhaps it is a tribute, who knows.

post #68 of 83

YES!!! I've been trying to remember what that game was for months! I played it so much when I was a kid but never knew what it's name was. My brother had it and I just knew it as the robot game.

 

You, sir, rock.

post #69 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougofTheAbaci View Post

YES!!! I've been trying to remember what that game was for months! I played it so much when I was a kid but never knew what it's name was. My brother had it and I just knew it as the robot game.

 

You, sir, rock.



You are welcome! Yes, this game is fricking awesome.

post #70 of 83
Reviving this thread. Clear!

Killing floor 2 has an awesome soundtrack! Nothing better to cleanse the zombie menace from this earth to than loads of Christian metal. The songs collapsing and murderer are definitely some of the highlights, but overall it has one of the best soundtracks I've heard, especially for a zombie game.
post #71 of 83

 

Courtesy of Mr. Sid Chip... :biggrin: 


Edited by WraithApe - 9/6/16 at 12:18am
post #72 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by PL4Y3R 0N3 View Post

Killing floor 2 has an awesome soundtrack! Nothing better to cleanse the zombie menace from this earth to than loads of Christian metal. The songs collapsing and murderer are definitely some of the highlights, but overall it has one of the best soundtracks I've heard, especially for a zombie game.


So glad you mentioned it, this one is definitely my favorite by far

Demon Hunter - We Don't Care (Instrumental)

 

Also for any of you who have played Hotline Miami. This song has some heavy bass, definitely my favorite from the game.


Edited by Typo - 9/6/16 at 4:17pm
post #73 of 83

I second the Hotline Miami Soundtrack.  Miami and Crystals are probably my favorite tracks off of the OST.  If anyone's interested in music similar to the Hotline Miami soundtrack I would suggest checking out 'Turbulence' by Miami Nights 1984.

 

Personally, I think that one of the best soundtracks is FTL's.  Not all of it is excellent, but the first few tracks off of it are extremely calming and delightfully lo-fi.

post #74 of 83
Transistor by Supergiant games has a fantastic sound track, spine is probably my favorite song on it.
post #75 of 83
Crysis 2. It's a Han Zimmer production, with fantastic orchestral elements. Mixing is solid, too. I actually use the Steam player to play it when I'm playing a game that doesn't have a soundtrack, like GMod or KSP.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Best Video Game Soundtracks