- 449 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: New Zealand, Christchurch
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT48 E 200 ohmstagged by System, 4/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 2/10/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryOn Eartagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/12/11
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphone Advice... Last post on 7/15/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... Last post on 8/13/13 at 11:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
New Beyer DT1350 - Page 254post #3796 of 38097/1/14 at 8:12pmHow you finding your roxanne? urs UF or Custom?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3797 of 38097/2/14 at 12:31amQuote:Originally Posted by dragoonv
I have only had a brief listen at bic camera when I was in Japan. I just thought I will get them to compare. I do like the aluminium earcup on the T51P You should get the DT1350 especially the price dropped so much compare to when I initially got mine. My SN is 11XXX which is the very early batch
Ha -- 10097 :-)
They started at 10000 as a Beyer rep told me... Don't know if thats correct though.
Regarding the T51p: to me it has a bit too much midbass and is a bit too warm overall. Still like the DT1350 signature better. Nevertheless its worth giving it a try, everybody hears different and likes different things... Comfort is another thing altogether, there the T51p beats the DT1350 hands down.post #3798 of 38097/2/14 at 3:32pm
so the first 10000 units were test units? :D
damn....i thought mine was the early batch...close enough tho.
I am deciding on the HP50 and T51p. I just don't like the squarey headband of the HP50.post #3799 of 38097/2/14 at 4:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by plakat
Regarding the T51p: to me it has a bit too much midbass and is a bit too warm overall. Still like the DT1350 signature better. Nevertheless its worth giving it a try, everybody hears different and likes different things... Comfort is another thing altogether, there the T51p beats the DT1350 hands down.
I preferred the sound of the 1350s as well, although I was in the minority (several of us compared them at a headphone meetup).
Regarding comfort, I have actually gotten used to the clamping force of the 1350s. It's like a nice comforting hug. While the earpads were certainly softer on the T51s and it was easy to get a good seal, I constantly felt like the headphones were going to fall off my head. The lack of an adjustable split headband also really bothered me.post #3800 of 38097/2/14 at 5:12pmpost #3801 of 38097/2/14 at 5:59pmpost #3802 of 38097/2/14 at 6:03pmpost #3803 of 38097/2/14 at 6:08pmWill you guys please stop talking about.the 1350's? All this talk makes me want to get them again!
Damn, those t51p's were sure comfy though. If only I didnt agree with plakat's assessments..post #3804 of 38097/2/14 at 6:41pmQuote:
What???post #3805 of 38097/2/14 at 9:31pmpost #3806 of 38097/4/14 at 12:48amQuote:
Development sure was a complicated thing ;-)
But 10000 prototypes would be much more than units sold, so I guess it might be true that they chose that as an offset.
The T51p is overall a much less intrusive design and looks very good with its minimal approach. The cups with the tough of champagne are well done, it seems very robust. My only physical problem with them is the dual-entry cable...
The HP50 does look good in my opinion, though the headband does stick out quite a bit. Not yet decided if its OK to walk the streets with it... regarding sound both are very well done, the T51p having a bit more midbass.
Both are warmer than the DT1350, which is more monitor-like to me, i.e. does not try to impress you with an interpretation of the music (that exaggerates the point regarding the T51p and the HP50, they are not colored) but simply transports what is coming in. Which bodes very well with my love for electronica...post #3807 of 38097/25/14 at 5:47am
Happy and proud DT1350 owner here!
Its been a week since I got the 1350, so far so good! I'm using it with E12 (with bass boost on ), right now I'm waiting for the arrival of the T51 ear pads. Love this headphone!post #3808 of 38097/29/14 at 5:22pmQuote:
Congrats :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Beyer DT1350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 25 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Does Dolby Headphone virtualize 7.1 or 5.1 ? 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit Classic (Straight Trade for FS Professional) 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Some explanation about Toslink/Spidf? 3 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)