New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Beyer DT1350 - Page 246

post #3676 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post
 

 

To me the DT1350's bass is extremely neutral and accurate, almost to a fault, and that's what leads some people to believe they are bassy.

Well, either that or they prefer the mid-bass of something like the HD650...in which case they might consider the DT1350 to be bass light. 

 

Before I purchased my DT1350 I sent PMs to some owners asking about the bass and a few of them told me that they didn't have much bass.    One of them actually told me that they had absolutely no bass and that he hated them.

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by elvergun - 12/7/13 at 7:24am
post #3677 of 3806

The 1350 is a very special headphone....in the bass dept they are absolutely amazing. I like the bass in them better than the T90s which are my all around favorites.

 

If the 1350's fit as nice at the T90s i think I could live with them,

 

Alex

post #3678 of 3806
I find the bass will vary with different tracks and also with dap's.
IPod touch G5 sounds lighter compared to colorfly C3 or HM-601.
Overall the DT1350's bass is very good.
post #3679 of 3806

I was hoping the T51p could adopt some of the qualities of the DT1350 but also work very well with orchestral. I am yet to hear a T51p but I hope to in the future.

post #3680 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post
 

 

^ Yep. There's a big difference between a headphone that has a mid-bass hump and sub-bass rolloff versus one like the DT1350 that has no mid-bass hump and no sub-bass roll-off. Its important to distinguish between the two because someone looking for what they consider "good bass" will feel differently about the two 'phones depending on their preferences.

 

The DT1350 are not bass-light and they are not bass-heavy either. They have probably the most neutral bass of any headphone ever (certainly that I've heard). The reason I say that is because there is no obvious hump and the bass extends flatly all the way down to the very lowest frequencies. People who are used to sub-bass roll-off will hear this as being particularly bassy but its not.

^ This!

 

I'm also interested to know if the T51p shares the same sub-bass extension and has just a bit more mid-bass because if it is that would be wonderful! Don't get me wrong, I detest headphones with mid-bass hump but with DT1350, I feel the need of having just a little bit more mid-bass. :)

post #3681 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post
 

 

^ Yep. There's a big difference between a headphone that has a mid-bass hump and sub-bass rolloff versus one like the DT1350 that has no mid-bass hump and no sub-bass roll-off. Its important to distinguish between the two because someone looking for what they consider "good bass" will feel differently about the two 'phones depending on their preferences.

 

The DT1350 are not bass-light and they are not bass-heavy either. They have probably the most neutral bass of any headphone ever (certainly that I've heard). The reason I say that is because there is no obvious hump and the bass extends flatly all the way down to the very lowest frequencies. People who are used to sub-bass roll-off will hear this as being particularly bassy but its not.

 

Also, make sure you play with the positioning of the cups. It can have a big effect on the quantity and quality of the mids relative to the bass. With the right positioning the DT1350's bass is extremely neutral and flat and makes you realize that the huge majority of headphones out there actually have recessed sub-bass. Don't get me wrong, that's not always a bad thing. Sub-bass can easily overwhelm other frequencies which is why most audiophiles prefer a slight sub-bass roll-off but that doesn't mean rolled-off sub-bass is "neutral" or accurate. To me the DT1350's bass is extremely neutral and accurate, almost to a fault, and that's what leads some people to believe they are bassy.

Spot. On.

 

Flat, accurate, detailed bass, that extends low. They're fairly neutral throughout the frequencies, which is why they're worthy of the 'pro' tag and are useful for tracking and monitoring.

 

However they aren't all that 'fun' as a result I feel. And no they don't have a 'mid bass hump', but they can also lack kick drum impact with a lot of electronic music (100-150hz). I still like them and I think I'll keep them. They compliment M100 nicely. Neutral vs fun. Its just that I'm going to pick fun more often, unless I feel like listening to softer music, jazz or classical, which is fairly rare. The M100s are still clear, have more boosted overall bass (good thing for portables IMO) that is still deep and clean, has good kick drum impact, do vocals pretty nicely, and can go louder without cranking volume as much and thus hurting my ears with the highs. The Dt1350s certainly aren't bright, but sometimes more relaxed/rolled off treble is a good thing (as is greater comfort).

 

These 2 make nice complimentary portable headphones depending what genres you're into. All headphones have different things they excel at, hence why it would be so hard to just have one pair.

post #3682 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by designbykai View Post
 

Spot. On.

 

Flat, accurate, detailed bass, that extends low. They're fairly neutral throughout the frequencies, which is why they're worthy of the 'pro' tag and are useful for tracking and monitoring.

 

However they aren't all that 'fun' as a result I feel. 

 

I will respectfully disagree and say that I have a blast listening to these things.  We all find different things "fun", I suppose.  

post #3683 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline315 View Post

I will respectfully disagree and say that I have a blast listening to these things.  We all find different things "fun", I suppose.  
Yep, I had fun with them (and still have, depending on genre/artist and listening conditions). I'm just saying comparitively and for portable use, since getting m100s, its clear which is more fun (for my tastes)
post #3684 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by designbykai View Post

 

 

However they aren't all that 'fun' as a result I feel. And no they don't have a 'mid bass hump', but they can also lack kick drum impact with a lot of electronic music (100-150hz). I still like them and I think I'll keep them.

 

The kick drum impact is what I most enjoy when I listen to music (mostly jazz and rock) with the DT1350.  I'm actually on a quest to find a full-sized open headphone with the same impact.   The DT1350's kick drum reproduction is the most realistic I've heard on any headphone so far.   To me it sound just as it would if you listened to a drummer in a small club...as opposed to listening to a band in a huge venue where all you are hearing is the drummer's work reproduced through huge loud speakers.

post #3685 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

 

The kick drum impact is what I most enjoy when I listen to music (mostly jazz and rock) with the DT1350.  I'm actually on a quest to find a full-sized open headphone with the same impact.   The DT1350's kick drum reproduction is the most realistic I've heard on any headphone so far.   To me it sound just as it would if you listened to a drummer in a small club...as opposed to listening to a band in a huge venue where all you are hearing is the drummer's work reproduced through huge loud speakers.


The pair I had with me sounded nothing like you and others describe, and I mean this in absolute no offense to anyone. I'm not saying you're wrong or I'm right but to me there was no kick drum impact unless I applied pressure on my ears unfortunately, (and even then) it wasn't overly impressive or in any way realistic, but a subtle hum where bass should be.

We'll never know if my pair were at fault or something wrong with my fitting because quick as these DT1350 entered my house they were gone within two days of trying to like them. I simply listened to them against my other gear thinking "I can't do this" and it wasn't just because of the low end. Their new owner who picked them up on another site is extremely happy with them and loving them? So I wonder if my expectations coming from $650 hybrids and original 1plus2 are a little high, or some other strange occurrences.

All I'll say is for a headphone of this price, I've gone back to Sony MDR-V6 and enjoy them more than my experience with that particular pair of Beyers. I'm simply reporting in to say that's the outcome, not trying to stir up the fans, there's no need to guard the fortress,  just.....this was not for me. 

Goodluck to you all.. :normal_smile :
 


Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/8/13 at 7:41pm
post #3686 of 3806

Hmm , I know the dt1350 is a bit bass light compared to well most of the competitor, but I would have to say the bass is pretty good , thats my opinion though and I didn't like the sony V6 that much from my time with it

post #3687 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


The pair I had with me sounded nothing like you and others describe, and I mean this in absolute no offense to anyone. I'm not saying you're wrong or I'm right but to me there was no kick drum impact unless I applied pressure on my ears unfortunately, (and even then) it wasn't overly impressive or in any way realistic, but a subtle hum where bass should be.

We'll never know if my pair were at fault or something wrong with my fitting because quick as these DT1350 entered my house they were gone within two days of trying to like them. I simply listened to them against my other gear thinking "I can't do this" and it wasn't just because of the low end. Their new owner who picked them up on another site is extremely happy with them and loving them? So I wonder if my expectations coming from $650 hybrids and original 1plus2 are a little high, or some other strange occurrences.

All I'll say is for a headphone of this price, I've gone back to Sony MDR-V6 and enjoy them more than my experience with that particular pair of Beyers. I'm simply reporting in to say that's the outcome, not trying to stir up the fans, there's no need to guard the fortress,  just.....this was not for me. 

Goodluck to you all.. :normal_smile :
 

 

No offense taken.   The only thing I can say is...too bad you didn't hear it that way because the bass is really that good (to my ears).  If you were a newby I would wonder if you had the ears to know good bass when you hear it, but I know that you know your bass and your sub-bass.   To me the DT1350 sound just like the GR07- almost identical, specially in the bass department.  The bass is also similar to the H100s.   This is one of those mysteries of Headfi:   How can we both agree on the sub-bass of the H100, but hear  things so differently with this model?   Perhaps you heard a bad unit or you didn't get a bad seal?   But what are the chances of you getting a bad unit?  :confused_face_2:

 

No big deal, this just gives you an excuse to explore and enjoy other models.

post #3688 of 3806
:beerchug:Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

 

No offense taken.   The only thing I can say is...too bad you didn't hear it that way because the bass is really that good (to my ears).  If you were a newby I would wonder if you had the ears to know good bass when you hear it, but I know that you know your bass and your sub-bass.   To me the DT1350 sound just like the GR07- almost identical, specially in the bass department.  The bass is also similar to the H100s.   This is one of those mysteries of Headfi:   How can we both agree on the sub-bass of the H100, but hear  things so differently with this model?   Perhaps you heard a bad unit or you didn't get a bad seal?   But what are the chances of you getting a bad unit?  :confused_face_2:

 

No big deal, this just gives you an excuse to explore and enjoy other models.


I really don't understand myself because I trust the words of Tyll from innerfidelity, yourself, Jude and believe me I really wanted to like them, I loved the look, not so much the small cups. I wanted them to stay paired with the Studio V and call it quits for a while,people I spoke to who recommended I jump on the excellent deal also have ears I trust and they said I was mad if I didn't do it. so I went in very positive, it just doesn't make sense. To me, (we will never know) but it sounded like something that was almost wired in reverse polarity like the bass was firing backwards, but it was more than the bass lacking extension and impact, they lacked separation, sounded warm, dark in the mid range, the layering was smearing. I thought the treble was rather nice though if I used high volumes.

I have ordered Yamaha's flagship HPH-MT220 studio monitor and I'll go from there. 

post #3689 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


I really don't understand myself because I trust the words of Tyll from innerfidelity, yourself, Jude and believe me I really wanted to like them, I loved the look, not so much the small cups. I wanted them to stay paired with the Studio V and call it quits for a while,people I spoke to who recommended I jump on the excellent deal also have ears I trust and they said I was mad if I didn't do it. so I went in very positive, it just doesn't make sense. To me, (we will never know) but it sounded like something that was almost wired in reverse polarity like the bass was firing backwards, but it was more than the bass lacking extension and impact, they lacked separation, sounded warm, dark in the mid range, the layering was smearing. I thought the treble was rather nice though if I used high volumes.

I have ordered Yamaha's flagship HPH-MT220 studio monitor and I'll go from there. 

 

I'm itching to try the HP50s...perhaps we can go play in that forum in the near future.  :D

post #3690 of 3806

The kick drums on mine are absolutley superb.....they rival many other cans costing many times more......really amazing.

 

You had to have had a defective pair...although I never heard of these cans sounding as crappy as u described...

 

Hope you get to hear a working set of 1350s..they are that good.

 

Alex

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: