New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Beyer DT1350 - Page 245

post #3661 of 3813

how the new beyerdynamic t51p compare to the dt1350 in SQ?

post #3662 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

The OPs description in this thread is very similar to what I'm experiencing . The mid bass is there but lacking rumble like its rolling off.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/646895/dt1350-where-is-my-bass

 

hmm.  is the clamping too tight? maybe thats throwing the sound off?  have you tried maybe wearing it a little bigger than what you feel is right or smaller?  Just trying to figure out whats going on here! 

post #3663 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by caracara08 View Post

hmm.  is the clamping too tight? maybe thats throwing the sound off?  have you tried maybe wearing it a little bigger than what you feel is right or smaller?  Just trying to figure out whats going on here! 

I think it's a seal issue atm personally, there's many cases through this thread I'll link ftom 2011. I think a combination of practice and the pads wearing in may solve the issue. I've already found if I not only adjust the positioning but also swivel the cups applying light pressure while wearing them the bass comes back. I've had other sessions where all of a sudden after 10 minutes the sound improves almost like magic, so I'm leaning towards finding my sweet spot. They're currently in the laundry burning away.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/533508/new-beyer-dt1350/960#post_7726714
Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/3/13 at 10:19am
post #3664 of 3813

yeah, its picky with positioning but I really do enjoy the sound.  

post #3665 of 3813
Owning M100, M500 and DT1350. I have to say, they works well with each other. Depending on the mood and music genre you are listening to, you cant really go wrong with any of them.
post #3666 of 3813

was considering trying out the M500 because I think very highly of the M200 sound (not so much the fit), but I really dont have much time to use portable headphones =\

post #3667 of 3813
If you are used to the clamping force of the DT1350, you will find the M500 very loose.

Regarding to the pivot durability, I found if you rotate it alot. It tends to get loose quite easily. I just dont ever rotate mine. I've been using my DT1350 for about 3 years now. Still like day 1.
post #3668 of 3813

my 1350's are anything but bass light....omg its absolutelt the best.....

 

Even my T90's are as good in this area in some respects....

 

A.

post #3669 of 3813

Here's my take on the bass:

 

I agree, it is quite neutral sounding. But it is not bass light - at all.

I might even say it is a bit north of neutral.

 

Comparison:

Q701 = south of neutral (bass light)

K550 = neutral

DT1350 = north of neutral

BUT of course... when comparing DT1350 to something like... Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear, then the DT1350 is obvious going to feel bass light.


Edited by gilsont - 12/3/13 at 4:42pm
post #3670 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilsont View Post
 

Here's my take on the bass:

 

I agree, it is quite neutral sounding. But it is not bass light - at all.

I might even say it is a bit north of neutral.

 

Comparison:

Q701 = south of neutral (bass light)

K550 = neutral

DT1350 = north of neutral

BUT of course... when comparing DT1350 to something like... Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear, then the DT1350 is obvious going to feel bass light.

It all depends on what someone means by lots of bass.   The Momentum has a lot of mid-bass punch, while the DT1350 emphasizes the sub-bass thump.    The DT1350s are basshead cans...to someone who loves sub-bass. 

 

There should be some agreed upon terminology on what kind of low end should be considered basshead bass.  Personally, I think that a headphone with lots of mid-bass is what a we should all call a basshead can.

 

 

I own both models, and I don't think either one is bass light.   My K702 is both mid-bass and sub-bass light...but there is enough bass for me to still enjoy that model.


Edited by elvergun - 12/3/13 at 4:59pm
post #3671 of 3813

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

It all depends on what someone means by lots of bass.   The Momentum has a lot of mid-bass punch, while the DT1350 emphasizes the sub-bass thump.    The DT1350s are basshead cans...to someone who loves sub-bass. 

 

There should be some agreed upon terminology on what kind of low end should be considered basshead bass.  Personally, I think that a headphone with lots of mid-bass is what a we should all call a basshead can.

 

 

I own both models, and I don't think either one is bass light.   My K702 is both mid-bass and sub-bass light...but there is enough bass for me to still enjoy that model.

 

I don't think one needs to go that in-depth with the word bass; especially the difference between mid-bass and sub-bass.

 

Bass should be taken as is, when you hear it, you know it is bass (e.g. you would not call mid, bass)

 

I can make an argument that, what defines sub-bass? Then you would have to give me an argument on a range of frequencies say (e.g. X hz-Y hz). But then what if a headphone have an insane amount of bass at Y + 0.1 hz. Would you suddenly move it to the next category? But the next category is mid-bass, it would be absurd to say then a headphone that excels at Y + 0.1 hz is now a mid-bass headphone.

post #3672 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilsont View Post
 

 

 

I don't think one needs to go that in-depth with the word bass; especially the difference between mid-bass and sub-bass.

 

Bass should be taken as is, when you hear it, you know it is bass (e.g. you would not call mid, bass)

 

I can make an argument that, what defines sub-bass? Then you would have to give me an argument on a range of frequencies say (e.g. X hz-Y hz). But then what if a headphone have an insane amount of bass at Y + 0.1 hz. Would you suddenly move it to the next category? But the next category is mid-bass, it would be absurd to say then a headphone that excels at Y + 0.1 hz is now a mid-bass headphone.


 What I was trying to say is that I don't consider the DT1350 to be bass light when compared to the Momentum, but I also know that the bass of the DT1350 is not everybody's cup of tea.    These people will not like the bass presentation of the DT1350 because, hey, its bass and you should take it as is.     I'm not going to take bass as is...if a headphone does not have enough sub-bass quantity, I usually get rid of it right away.     I hated the HD650's bass - yeah, I heard lots of it ,and it indeed was bass, but I also did not hear much sub-bass.  I tried to like them, but I ultimately sold them off.    If I ask in the HD650 thread if that model has bass, I'm going to get a 'hell, yeah' as an answer.

 

When I read a thread about a headphone I'm interested in I usually ask about the quantity of the sub-bass.  

post #3673 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilsont View Post
 

 

 

I don't think one needs to go that in-depth with the word bass; especially the difference between mid-bass and sub-bass.

 

Bass should be taken as is, when you hear it, you know it is bass (e.g. you would not call mid, bass)

 

I can make an argument that, what defines sub-bass? Then you would have to give me an argument on a range of frequencies say (e.g. X hz-Y hz). But then what if a headphone have an insane amount of bass at Y + 0.1 hz. Would you suddenly move it to the next category? But the next category is mid-bass, it would be absurd to say then a headphone that excels at Y + 0.1 hz is now a mid-bass headphone.

 

I can see where your logic flows from but it is simply easier to have a rough division of the sound spectrum.

 

Otherwise, the same can be said for 'mids' and 'treble' where you cannot have a difference in 1Hz to distinguish between them. However, it is good to have a rough guide.

post #3674 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilsont View Post
 

 

 

I don't think one needs to go that in-depth with the word bass; especially the difference between mid-bass and sub-bass.

 

Bass should be taken as is, when you hear it, you know it is bass (e.g. you would not call mid, bass)

 

I can make an argument that, what defines sub-bass? Then you would have to give me an argument on a range of frequencies say (e.g. X hz-Y hz). But then what if a headphone have an insane amount of bass at Y + 0.1 hz. Would you suddenly move it to the next category? But the next category is mid-bass, it would be absurd to say then a headphone that excels at Y + 0.1 hz is now a mid-bass headphone.

 

I can see where your logic flows from but it is simply easier to have a rough division of the sound spectrum.

 

Otherwise, the same can be said for 'mids' and 'treble' where you cannot have a difference in 1Hz to distinguish between them. However, it is good to have a rough guide.

 

^ Yep. There's a big difference between a headphone that has a mid-bass hump and sub-bass rolloff versus one like the DT1350 that has no mid-bass hump and no sub-bass roll-off. Its important to distinguish between the two because someone looking for what they consider "good bass" will feel differently about the two 'phones depending on their preferences.

 

The DT1350 are not bass-light and they are not bass-heavy either. They have probably the most neutral bass of any headphone ever (certainly that I've heard). The reason I say that is because there is no obvious hump and the bass extends flatly all the way down to the very lowest frequencies. People who are used to sub-bass roll-off will hear this as being particularly bassy but its not.

 

Also, make sure you play with the positioning of the cups. It can have a big effect on the quantity and quality of the mids relative to the bass. With the right positioning the DT1350's bass is extremely neutral and flat and makes you realize that the huge majority of headphones out there actually have recessed sub-bass. Don't get me wrong, that's not always a bad thing. Sub-bass can easily overwhelm other frequencies which is why most audiophiles prefer a slight sub-bass roll-off but that doesn't mean rolled-off sub-bass is "neutral" or accurate. To me the DT1350's bass is extremely neutral and accurate, almost to a fault, and that's what leads some people to believe they are bassy.

post #3675 of 3813

You need to fiddle, fiddle, fiddle with them....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: