New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Beyer DT1350 - Page 234

post #3496 of 3806

Agree 100%...I have a new set of T90's with about 4 hrs on them and the soundstage and total immersion is really above what the DT1350's can provide.

 

But that said they are really a very special set of cans in their own right for sure.

 

Alex

post #3497 of 3806

Regarding the silver and relief logo versions...

 

Apparently, ALL versions of the DT1350 headphones have the uncolored, relief logo on the plastic cup.

For the silver logo version, there is an ADDITIONAL metal plate stuck (with 2-sided tape) on top of the cup bearing the relief logo. So people with the silver logo version also have the relief logo too, without knowing it. 

 

I was surprised this is fairly old news, as shown in photographs in the following thread from another site. Scroll down approximately 20 posts for photo: 

 

 

http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/thread/7044/beyerdynamic-dt1350?page=4

post #3498 of 3806



I know this is probably taboo but has anyone here ever did a side-by-side or AB comparison of the DT1350 with the Momentum On-Ear?

 

post #3499 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post



I know this is probably taboo but has anyone here ever did a side-by-side or AB comparison of the DT1350 with the Momentum On-Ear?

 

 

When I bought mine, the Momentums were the other set I was seriously considering.  I preferred the signature of the the 1350's by a fair amount; listen mostly to rock, blues, motown, and jazz...with some hip-hop.

post #3500 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearMe View Post

 

When I bought mine, the Momentums were the other set I was seriously considering.  I preferred the signature of the the 1350's by a fair amount; listen mostly to rock, blues, motown, and jazz...with some hip-hop.



Did you audition the Momentums as well, sir?

post #3501 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post



I know this is probably taboo but has anyone here ever did a side-by-side or AB comparison of the DT1350 with the Momentum On-Ear?

 


 Momentums no, but the HD25s yes...

 

Both are keepers, and have their pluses.  But since my HD25s got their cable upgrade, my DT1350 have been collecting dust.  The solution?  I just sent them to Brian @ BTG Audio for a balanced cable mod.  So in three weeks they will be back in rotation...

post #3502 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post

I know this is probably taboo but has anyone here ever did a side-by-side or AB comparison of the DT1350 with the Momentum On-Ear?

Not a side by side, but Tyll at Innerfidelity has done an in-depth review of each. That would give you a good idea of how they compare:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/very-adult-sennheiser-momentum
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/awesome-beyerdynamic-dt-1350
post #3503 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post


Not a side by side, but Tyll at Innerfidelity has done an in-depth review of each. That would give you a good idea of how they compare:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/very-adult-sennheiser-momentum
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/awesome-beyerdynamic-dt-1350

 



Thanks, cel4145.  I've seen both.  What I was hoping to find is a side by side comparison of the 1350s with the Momentum On-Ears...

post #3504 of 3806

Earpads look like the same crap from the first ones to me.

post #3505 of 3806

The crappy earpads work very well here for me.....and I have many others that I can compare to....AKG702's. Q701's, Grado 325is. AT-M50's, LCD2's, T90's etc...

 

The pad material is very soft and the easily seat and seal well...no real trying to find the sweet spot tike Tyell over at innerfidelity has reviewed.

 

That said they are indeed small and not as comfortable as others I have and had....but not crappy at all.

 

A.

post #3506 of 3806

I've heard that the on-ear Momentums sound quite a bit different from the regular Momentums so Tyll's review probably won't be very helpful. From what I've read I think you'll find the on-ear Momentums to be bassier than the DT1350 while the DT1350 is clearer, more neutral, and better extended. Here are a couple video reviews:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES1ERNBlWlA

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3pwkqZNpMw


Edited by devhen - 8/25/13 at 5:01pm
post #3507 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post


Did you audition the Momentums as well, sir?

 

Yes...too dark for me and I have several other Sennheisers.
 

Loved the looks though.


Edited by GearMe - 8/25/13 at 7:17pm
post #3508 of 3806
In case anyone is interested, I put my DT1350s up for sale in the classifieds. As much as I love the sound of these, I don't use them at home, and I really don't travel enough to justify keeping them. I figured out I just don't need portable headphones enough.

But that doesn't mean I won't keep telling people how great they are biggrin.gif
post #3509 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

I've heard that the on-ear Momentums sound quite a bit different from the regular Momentums so Tyll's review probably won't be very helpful. From what I've read I think you'll find the on-ear Momentums to be bassier than the DT1350 while the DT1350 is clearer, more neutral, and better extended. Here are a couple video reviews:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES1ERNBlWlA

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3pwkqZNpMw

 

 

Thanks!  I was planning to get my wife a pair of Momentums as she seems quite taken by the pastel colors.  So is this Sennheiser's answer to the Beats marketing thrust at the Hip-Hop market?


Edited by sp3llv3xit - 8/25/13 at 7:47pm
post #3510 of 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by adydula View Post

The crappy earpads work very well here for me.....and I have many others that I can compare to....AKG702's. Q701's, Grado 325is. AT-M50's, LCD2's, T90's etc...

 

The pad material is very soft and the easily seat and seal well...no real trying to find the sweet spot tike Tyell over at innerfidelity has reviewed.

 

That said they are indeed small and not as comfortable as others I have and had....but not crappy at all.

 

A.


Yes, in fact they are garbage. Mine can't hold the metal from touching my head after a year of hard use and are totally indented on the tops. That is exactly what I call useless, hence, the term crappy.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: