New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Beyer DT1350 - Page 225

post #3361 of 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by countolaf View Post

I guess the rivet is the reason why a colleague called my DT1350 'looking a bit flimsy'. I have it for less than a month and so far so good. Hopefully I can make it for long.

Unless your 1350 is defective, it will last at least a good few years. I've bought them used(abouth 3 months of usage), and had them for 3 month, and the conditions are still very good.

post #3362 of 3848
I have a DT1350 for trade with hps/iems/speakers. Look at my sig if you are interested.
post #3363 of 3848

Just got a reply from Beyer US...mid- august in the states....for the 1350cc's

 

Alex

post #3364 of 3848

I'm more interested about the original but "new version" of the DT1350, any ideas when it might be available? :)

post #3365 of 3848

mid august...

post #3366 of 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Wow, that's costly. I worried about the rivet too, but it seems very durable. I bought mine used and had it for about 4 month now, and the rivet's still on there!

I just got a link to order the slide and hinge rivet part repair kit(you have to buy the kit). It costs 42 euros (50 dollars) to repair it. I'm still doubting, because I can easily drill a hole through and bolt it together. On the other hand, repairing it in the original way will be probably more safe for the future.

post #3367 of 3848

Again, the clamping force of the HD25 or most other headphones should not be an issue.  All you have to do to lessen the clamping force is to gently bend out the headband until they're comfortable.  Takes a few seconds.

post #3368 of 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyyyeman View Post

Again, the clamping force of the HD25 or most other headphones should not be an issue.  All you have to do to lessen the clamping force is to gently bend out the headband until they're comfortable.  Takes a few seconds.
I was about to do that, but few things stopped me from doing so. One, what if I break them while bending? Two: less seal is less bass response. Three: may not fit in the case.
post #3369 of 3848

I think the longer u wear them, the clamp force will gradually become less, it will give you a better clamping force than bending it. It takes time tho. 

post #3370 of 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post


I was about to do that, but few things stopped me from doing so. One, what if I break them while bending? Two: less seal is less bass response. Three: may not fit in the case.


I also don't like the idea of the metal deformation. Even knowing that you can get back to the original curve if you don't like the results. There will always be a chance that you won't get it back as perfect as brand new. So yeah, it just needs some time for you to get used to the clamping force. I prefer the "getting used to" than bending anything. lol.

post #3371 of 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoexec View Post


I also don't like the idea of the metal deformation. Even knowing that you can get back to the original curve if you don't like the results. There will always be a chance that you won't get it back as perfect as brand new. So yeah, it just needs some time for you to get used to the clamping force. I prefer the "getting used to" than bending anything. lol.

I just stretch out my hps on a tissue box for few days if clamping is a major issue. That way, it's like naturally stretching my hp. It's like boiling a new baseball glove to make it softer.

post #3372 of 3848

Frankly, it's really not a problem to gently, every inch or two, apply some outward pressure on the headband to relieve some of the tension.  We're not talking about bending the metal to any appreciable degree, no "metal deformation" etc., and it's not very different from applying the headphones to something large to have the headbands adjust over a longer period of time.

 

But to each his own.  Do what you are most comfortable with.

post #3373 of 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonv View Post

I think the longer u wear them, the clamp force will gradually become less, it will give you a better clamping force than bending it. It takes time tho. 

100% correct for me. My DT1350s were pretty uncomfortable at first, couldn't wear for more than an hour or two at a time without pain. After a few months though they got better and now I barely notice them and could wear them all day just about without issues.

Combo of the frame getting used to head shape, and pads softening, IMO. 

 

I've always had them on the same band adjustment (3 notches left above on either side), just close them down a bit on one side for putting in the case and transporting.

post #3374 of 3848
same band adjustment as me 3 down :D
post #3375 of 3848

+1 on the 3 slides down :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: