Well, Fostex is going to release the TH600, which may be close enough for cheaper.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT48 E 200 ohmstagged by System, 4/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 2/10/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryOn Eartagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/12/11
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphone Advice... Last post on 7/15/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... Last post on 12/3/16 at 9:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
New Beyer DT1350 - Page 216post #3226 of 39964/22/13 at 9:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3227 of 39964/22/13 at 9:40pmpost #3228 of 39964/23/13 at 12:37amQuote:Originally Posted by CarpeDijon
If you don't mind my asking, is there one ideal amp that you'd recommend for both these and the ATH-AD2000? I know you're a fan (to put it lightly -- I've enjoyed your dedicated threads) of the latter and that you particularly like the Gilmore Lite with it. How would that be for the DT1350, too? There's a Gilmore with DPS in the Amps For Sale for $425. Is that a good deal? Perhaps I should look into what goes into building a Dynalo...
Are there any portable amps/DACs you'd recommend that would work well with both headphones?
I'd put that the other way around which conveys my opinion more accurately: I particularly liked the AD2K with the Gilmore Lite. Either a Dynalo or M3 are solid amps for the AD2K and any other low-impedance headphones including the DT1350. The GL/DPS in the FS forums is an ok deal - not great - but since the combo doesn't show up often, it's usually worth grabbing anyway whenever one shows up. I wouldn't personally pay much more than $400 for a GL/DPS combo, especially if it's had more than one owner (they originally sold for $499 new).
I can only recommend HeadAmp in general for portable amps/DACs - I've been a fan and loyal customer for years now.post #3229 of 39964/25/13 at 6:41pmpost #3230 of 39964/26/13 at 3:27ampost #3231 of 39964/27/13 at 5:29pmpost #3232 of 39964/28/13 at 8:58am
How long you have your DT 1350s? Or you just tried it somewhere? First you have to get a good quality seal. There's no way they sound synthetic to me. Probably the HE-400s but not the DT 1350s.post #3233 of 39964/29/13 at 12:19am
DT1350s are the best earpad sealed closed headphone. The Amperiors are the runner up, but they just can't match them quite yet. 1350s have deeper bass, less resonance in it's treble spike and a more extended treble.post #3234 of 39964/29/13 at 1:10amQuote:
Most of the time I just use my sansa clip zip flat as is. :D
Whenever I want to get more bass I paired with ZO2.3 and can't be any happier.post #3235 of 39964/29/13 at 12:02pm
Well just got my HD25 pads in the mail and put them on. Loss of bass response obviously. I EQ'd a bit and they seem to sound pretty good and good GOD they are 400% more comfy. What a stupid choice to put thin pleather on your headphones.
I love the DTs but these are the problems you need to watch out for:
Top pleather straps from headband WILL come unglued with heavy usage. Annoyance.
The pleather around the ears is horse****. With heavy use you will need to replace within a year imo. This is not really acceptable as they only have a 2 year warranty.
The adjustment ladder can become loose leading to position change on ear which blows.
All I can say is they are smooth and the soundstage seems a bit different with the Velour pads. Not sure how to compare them as cross comparing is not possible. All we needed was quality material on the ears though. Bass response is affected quite a bit if you had previously a really nice seal. Oh well, cuz wearing these was painful and with the velours they are simply comfy.post #3236 of 39964/30/13 at 5:01pm
About a year ago, purrin reported that there was a lot of variability in frequency response between 1350 units. He measured 6 units and each one had a different frequency response, some pretty drastic. Is this still the case or has Beyerdynamic fixed the issue?post #3237 of 39964/30/13 at 6:45pmQuote:
I don't really think that any of us would know. I mean, who has new(late2012-2013) DT1350 is quantity of 6? Besides famous reviewers, but since DT1350 is a old product, I doubt new reviewers would compare 6 1350. Nonetheless, even if my DT1350 sounds different from other DT1350, I really like how mine sounds.post #3238 of 39965/1/13 at 1:26ampost #3239 of 39965/1/13 at 3:43ampost #3240 of 39965/1/13 at 5:54am
When I was looking into buying the DT1350, I mentioned this to one of the head gurus at the USA branch of BD. He claimed to have no knowledge of it and thanked me for the information. Who knows.
I went ahead and bought a pair anyway and haven't regretted the purchase for a second. So, I either got a good pair or my ears just suck. Either way, I'm happy with 'em. *shrug*Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Beyer DT1350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 16 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Mk I+ in like new condition with upgrade tubes and opamp 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 4 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 5 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 6 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 7 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear