Well, Fostex is going to release the TH600, which may be close enough for cheaper.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT48 E 200 ohmstagged by System, 4/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 2/10/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryOn Eartagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/12/11
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphone Advice... Last post on 7/15/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... Last post on 8/13/13 at 11:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
New Beyer DT1350 - Page 216post #3226 of 38854/22/13 at 9:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3227 of 38854/22/13 at 9:40pmpost #3228 of 38854/23/13 at 12:37amQuote:Originally Posted by CarpeDijon
If you don't mind my asking, is there one ideal amp that you'd recommend for both these and the ATH-AD2000? I know you're a fan (to put it lightly -- I've enjoyed your dedicated threads) of the latter and that you particularly like the Gilmore Lite with it. How would that be for the DT1350, too? There's a Gilmore with DPS in the Amps For Sale for $425. Is that a good deal? Perhaps I should look into what goes into building a Dynalo...
Are there any portable amps/DACs you'd recommend that would work well with both headphones?
I'd put that the other way around which conveys my opinion more accurately: I particularly liked the AD2K with the Gilmore Lite. Either a Dynalo or M3 are solid amps for the AD2K and any other low-impedance headphones including the DT1350. The GL/DPS in the FS forums is an ok deal - not great - but since the combo doesn't show up often, it's usually worth grabbing anyway whenever one shows up. I wouldn't personally pay much more than $400 for a GL/DPS combo, especially if it's had more than one owner (they originally sold for $499 new).
I can only recommend HeadAmp in general for portable amps/DACs - I've been a fan and loyal customer for years now.post #3229 of 38854/25/13 at 6:41pmpost #3230 of 38854/26/13 at 3:27ampost #3231 of 38854/27/13 at 5:29pmpost #3232 of 38854/28/13 at 8:58am
How long you have your DT 1350s? Or you just tried it somewhere? First you have to get a good quality seal. There's no way they sound synthetic to me. Probably the HE-400s but not the DT 1350s.post #3233 of 38854/29/13 at 12:19am
DT1350s are the best earpad sealed closed headphone. The Amperiors are the runner up, but they just can't match them quite yet. 1350s have deeper bass, less resonance in it's treble spike and a more extended treble.post #3234 of 38854/29/13 at 1:10amQuote:
Most of the time I just use my sansa clip zip flat as is. :D
Whenever I want to get more bass I paired with ZO2.3 and can't be any happier.post #3235 of 38854/29/13 at 12:02pm
Well just got my HD25 pads in the mail and put them on. Loss of bass response obviously. I EQ'd a bit and they seem to sound pretty good and good GOD they are 400% more comfy. What a stupid choice to put thin pleather on your headphones.
I love the DTs but these are the problems you need to watch out for:
Top pleather straps from headband WILL come unglued with heavy usage. Annoyance.
The pleather around the ears is horse****. With heavy use you will need to replace within a year imo. This is not really acceptable as they only have a 2 year warranty.
The adjustment ladder can become loose leading to position change on ear which blows.
All I can say is they are smooth and the soundstage seems a bit different with the Velour pads. Not sure how to compare them as cross comparing is not possible. All we needed was quality material on the ears though. Bass response is affected quite a bit if you had previously a really nice seal. Oh well, cuz wearing these was painful and with the velours they are simply comfy.post #3236 of 38854/30/13 at 5:01pm
About a year ago, purrin reported that there was a lot of variability in frequency response between 1350 units. He measured 6 units and each one had a different frequency response, some pretty drastic. Is this still the case or has Beyerdynamic fixed the issue?post #3237 of 38854/30/13 at 6:45pmQuote:
I don't really think that any of us would know. I mean, who has new(late2012-2013) DT1350 is quantity of 6? Besides famous reviewers, but since DT1350 is a old product, I doubt new reviewers would compare 6 1350. Nonetheless, even if my DT1350 sounds different from other DT1350, I really like how mine sounds.post #3238 of 38855/1/13 at 1:26ampost #3239 of 38855/1/13 at 3:43ampost #3240 of 38855/1/13 at 5:54am
When I was looking into buying the DT1350, I mentioned this to one of the head gurus at the USA branch of BD. He claimed to have no knowledge of it and thanked me for the information. Who knows.
I went ahead and bought a pair anyway and haven't regretted the purchase for a second. So, I either got a good pair or my ears just suck. Either way, I'm happy with 'em. *shrug*Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Beyer DT1350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 42 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Only getting sound and very high volumes, question 1 minute ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 1 minute ago
- › Question on if I need an amp or soundcard 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade from Creative Aurvana Live? 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation II Review 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2