I agree that additional power is necessary to drive them to their full potential. I have used the iBasso D-Zero quite successfully with my DT1350s for about a year. Its quite an effective compact combination. I have also recently acquired a Practical Devices XM6 primarily for my HD700's. The XM6 scales up nicely even though they do not need all of the gain the XM6 provides.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT48 E 200 ohmstagged by System, 4/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 2/10/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryOn Eartagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/12/11
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphone Advice... Last post on 7/15/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... Last post on 4/1/15 at 8:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
Before I start this review, I would like to thank Creative for sending out a Roar 2 unit to me. I’m quite surprised myself that prior to this, I had never heard a Creative product before, despite...
New Beyer DT1350 - Page 213post #3181 of 39473/19/13 at 9:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3182 of 39473/19/13 at 10:53pm
Wow, I totally disagree that they need an amp. Although I find they scale with an amp, I use my 1350s straight from my iPhone the majority of the time and couldn't be happier.post #3183 of 39473/20/13 at 12:10amHmm... Whilst their good FR with does not suffer from a less powerful source such as the iPhone I found their dynamics to have diminished to a point where I'd rather listen to one of my IEMs.post #3184 of 39473/20/13 at 12:36ampost #3185 of 39473/20/13 at 1:18am
I just can't be bothered listening to anything with these from an iPhone, but that probably goes for any headphone. Bring a quality portable DAC/amp and I'm happy, however I'm glad other people can get away without additional equipment.
ADD: Actually the T5p are okay straight from the iPhone.
Edited by AJHeadfi - 3/20/13 at 1:21ampost #3186 of 39473/20/13 at 1:31am
Interesting point: I found the T5p a bit lacking when driven by an iPhone. Not unusable but not my first choice either. I'm using the DT1350 almost daily when away from my desk and would never consider taking an amp with me... preferences can obviously differ quite a bit ;-)post #3187 of 39473/20/13 at 3:41am
I find that both the T5p and DT-1350 can be driven OK by the iPhone 5 but both of them become much more alive with an amplifier. Specially the soundstage gets wider with an amplifier. So it is a matter of convenience and how much gear I want to drag with me in my bag. I only use the T5p at home or indoor and always have an amplifier available.post #3188 of 39473/20/13 at 5:23am
T5p are a bit strange, they seem to eek the most out of iphone/ipod etc. Personally I can't listen happily without HP-P1 or better now, I'm spoiled for ever. DT1350 is thoroughly boring without at least a quality amplifier. There must be better choices for direct from an iphone/ipod like device for the same money as DT1350? Maybe this is where Beats come into the picture?post #3189 of 39473/20/13 at 5:34ampost #3190 of 39473/20/13 at 5:49amQuote:
Could be the combination of background noise while traveling and out of iPhone that makes me give up. Yes, the V-moda could be just the ticket if no amp is on the horizon. DT1350 if you plan to amp in the future and can enjoy a new headphone between now and then, and brace for performance increase when that amp shows up.post #3191 of 39473/21/13 at 5:46amQuote:
Whereas I use them 5 days a week with a Clip+ and think they sound fine. Please audition them for yourself and make up your own mind. Neither that experience ^^^ nor my experience should cause you to not buy or buy them.
For what it's worth, I have a larger head and wear glasses and haven't had problems with the fit or ear pain.post #3192 of 39473/21/13 at 1:08pm
Another reason why the clamp doesn't bother me all that much is because the ear pads do a great job at keeping my ears nice and cool. That's one aspect of certain phones that drives me nuts (e.g. theSennheiser 518s). If my ears start overheating or perspiring, it makes the whole experience uncomfortable. Beyer did a great job with whatever material they use on these pads, though, cause even with the clamping pressure I still stay cool and comfortable.post #3193 of 39473/21/13 at 4:12pm
Enjoying mine straight from an ipod, iphone, and ipad. Great for movies with the ipad. Better with a portable amp but by itself...also good. The clamping does not bother me either. Then again, you can try it and be the judge of that.post #3194 of 39473/22/13 at 7:51pmI think the need of amping these mostly depends on the ablity to hear the diffefence and/or the level of contentment of the user. For what it's worth, I'm not very happy with it paired with a J3 alone. But when I hook up an E17 with it, everything seems right. Much bigger sounding, better liw extension (no, I don't use EQ on the J3/E17). With the J3 alone, they have that hollow sounding kinda weak low end and lacks instrument separation. They definitely need an amp to perform extraordinarily. But to make them loud, even an ipod nano could.post #3195 of 39473/23/13 at 12:07am
They sound mediocre and muddy out of my Nexus 4 & 7 especially the low end
But they sound AMAZING straight out of my Sansa Clip IMO, without any amping.
With E17 added a little better perhaps but barely noticable, only bother carting it around if I want to use the bass boost from E17 EQ
These are exceptional portable, studio & monitoring headphones.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Beyer DT1350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Magnat LZR series 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 4 minutes ago
- › Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Sony DR-Z6 (Vintage) 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › New beyerdynamic and Astell & Kern IEM with Tesla? 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 8 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2