I agree that additional power is necessary to drive them to their full potential. I have used the iBasso D-Zero quite successfully with my DT1350s for about a year. Its quite an effective compact combination. I have also recently acquired a Practical Devices XM6 primarily for my HD700's. The XM6 scales up nicely even though they do not need all of the gain the XM6 provides.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT48 E 200 ohmstagged by System, 4/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 2/10/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryOn Eartagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/12/11
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphone Advice... Last post on 7/15/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... Last post on 4/1/15 at 8:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
New Beyer DT1350 - Page 213post #3181 of 39543/19/13 at 9:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3182 of 39543/19/13 at 10:53pm
Wow, I totally disagree that they need an amp. Although I find they scale with an amp, I use my 1350s straight from my iPhone the majority of the time and couldn't be happier.post #3183 of 39543/20/13 at 12:10amHmm... Whilst their good FR with does not suffer from a less powerful source such as the iPhone I found their dynamics to have diminished to a point where I'd rather listen to one of my IEMs.post #3184 of 39543/20/13 at 12:36ampost #3185 of 39543/20/13 at 1:18am
I just can't be bothered listening to anything with these from an iPhone, but that probably goes for any headphone. Bring a quality portable DAC/amp and I'm happy, however I'm glad other people can get away without additional equipment.
ADD: Actually the T5p are okay straight from the iPhone.
Edited by AJHeadfi - 3/20/13 at 1:21ampost #3186 of 39543/20/13 at 1:31am
Interesting point: I found the T5p a bit lacking when driven by an iPhone. Not unusable but not my first choice either. I'm using the DT1350 almost daily when away from my desk and would never consider taking an amp with me... preferences can obviously differ quite a bit ;-)post #3187 of 39543/20/13 at 3:41am
I find that both the T5p and DT-1350 can be driven OK by the iPhone 5 but both of them become much more alive with an amplifier. Specially the soundstage gets wider with an amplifier. So it is a matter of convenience and how much gear I want to drag with me in my bag. I only use the T5p at home or indoor and always have an amplifier available.post #3188 of 39543/20/13 at 5:23am
T5p are a bit strange, they seem to eek the most out of iphone/ipod etc. Personally I can't listen happily without HP-P1 or better now, I'm spoiled for ever. DT1350 is thoroughly boring without at least a quality amplifier. There must be better choices for direct from an iphone/ipod like device for the same money as DT1350? Maybe this is where Beats come into the picture?post #3189 of 39543/20/13 at 5:34ampost #3190 of 39543/20/13 at 5:49amQuote:
Could be the combination of background noise while traveling and out of iPhone that makes me give up. Yes, the V-moda could be just the ticket if no amp is on the horizon. DT1350 if you plan to amp in the future and can enjoy a new headphone between now and then, and brace for performance increase when that amp shows up.post #3191 of 39543/21/13 at 5:46amQuote:
Whereas I use them 5 days a week with a Clip+ and think they sound fine. Please audition them for yourself and make up your own mind. Neither that experience ^^^ nor my experience should cause you to not buy or buy them.
For what it's worth, I have a larger head and wear glasses and haven't had problems with the fit or ear pain.post #3192 of 39543/21/13 at 1:08pm
Another reason why the clamp doesn't bother me all that much is because the ear pads do a great job at keeping my ears nice and cool. That's one aspect of certain phones that drives me nuts (e.g. theSennheiser 518s). If my ears start overheating or perspiring, it makes the whole experience uncomfortable. Beyer did a great job with whatever material they use on these pads, though, cause even with the clamping pressure I still stay cool and comfortable.post #3193 of 39543/21/13 at 4:12pm
Enjoying mine straight from an ipod, iphone, and ipad. Great for movies with the ipad. Better with a portable amp but by itself...also good. The clamping does not bother me either. Then again, you can try it and be the judge of that.post #3194 of 39543/22/13 at 7:51pmI think the need of amping these mostly depends on the ablity to hear the diffefence and/or the level of contentment of the user. For what it's worth, I'm not very happy with it paired with a J3 alone. But when I hook up an E17 with it, everything seems right. Much bigger sounding, better liw extension (no, I don't use EQ on the J3/E17). With the J3 alone, they have that hollow sounding kinda weak low end and lacks instrument separation. They definitely need an amp to perform extraordinarily. But to make them loud, even an ipod nano could.post #3195 of 39543/23/13 at 12:07am
They sound mediocre and muddy out of my Nexus 4 & 7 especially the low end
But they sound AMAZING straight out of my Sansa Clip IMO, without any amping.
With E17 added a little better perhaps but barely noticable, only bother carting it around if I want to use the bass boost from E17 EQ
These are exceptional portable, studio & monitoring headphones.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Beyer DT1350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › What Live concerts have you attended? 5 seconds ago
- › AIFF/ALAC/FLAC/WAV???? 31 seconds ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 48 seconds ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 52 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 1 minute ago
- › Need help with sub $200 headphones 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2