New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Beyer DT1350 - Page 211

post #3151 of 3813

Hello all,

 

I recently bought a used pair of the DT1350's. I was very pleased with my purchase considering that i bought these for a knock-down price, however i have noticed that the left ear sliding mechanism is a lot looser than the one on the right. I am wondering if any of you experts know of anyway to tighten this side up? Or any chance of Beyer to repair free of charge without proof of purchase?! Bit of a long shot but thought one of you knowledgable people may know the best way forward! Thanks in advance :)

post #3152 of 3813

DT1350 IS the new DT48.

 

Beyer now has audiometry version of the DT1350 on their website, take a look: http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/audiometry/at-1350-a.html


Edited by Headzone - 2/23/13 at 12:36pm
post #3153 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp266 View Post

Hello all,

I recently bought a used pair of the DT1350's. I was very pleased with my purchase considering that i bought these for a knock-down price, however i have noticed that the left ear sliding mechanism is a lot looser than the one on the right. I am wondering if any of you experts know of anyway to tighten this side up? Or any chance of Beyer to repair free of charge without proof of purchase?! Bit of a long shot but thought one of you knowledgable people may know the best way forward! Thanks in advance smily_headphones1.gif

It is likely that the hinge connecting the ear cup to the steel frame has lost the silicon which gives it its steady and solid movement. Mine is the same, except i stupidely removed it thinking it was something else and now the left cup is looser than the right (haven't been too bothered by it as it still fits fine when worn).
post #3154 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovex View Post

It is likely that the hinge connecting the ear cup to the steel frame has lost the silicon which gives it its steady and solid movement. Mine is the same, except i stupidely removed it thinking it was something else and now the left cup is looser than the right (haven't been too bothered by it as it still fits fine when worn).

Oh thanks for your reply. I suppose there's no way to fix this without sending it to an authorised repairer?
post #3155 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headzone View Post

DT1350 IS the new DT48.

 

Beyer now has audiometry version of the DT1350 on their website, take a look: http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/audiometry/at-1350-a.html

that looks awesome! anyone has auditioned a pair?

post #3156 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonv View Post

that looks awesome! anyone has auditioned a pair?

Btw did you look at the specs? It seems that frequency response is same, but impedance is only 32ohm and SPL whopping 15dB higher. If they sound anywhere close to the DT1350 they would make a better portable headphone unamped.

post #3157 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headzone View Post

Btw did you look at the specs? It seems that frequency response is same, but impedance is only 32ohm and SPL whopping 15dB higher. If they sound anywhere close to the DT1350 they would make a better portable headphone unamped.

... not to mention the color coated sides r pretty sexy

 

still un amped it should be pretty good :O

post #3158 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupleh View Post

Any recommended full-size headphone that similar/higher SQ and in the same price range with DT1350 ?
I'm about to sell my Senn RS180 and ATH M50s so I'm thinking to get the full-size headphone for the replacement.

I keep thinking if only DT1350 has no comfort problem with the long-time usage it would be perfect ....
DT1350s are hard to beat, they aren't some FOTM people dig because of some wierd coloration but a genuine high performance device that is neutral, extended in FR up and down and has very good dynamics. I heard some good things about the T70 and the 550 doesn't seem too bad.
post #3159 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypoknons View Post

DT1350s are hard to beat, they aren't some FOTM people dig because of some wierd coloration but a genuine high performance device that is neutral, extended in FR up and down and has very good dynamics. I heard some good things about the T70 and the 550 doesn't seem too bad.

Agree that the DT1350's are a technical masterpiece. They still amaze me! It manages to make every note/nuance/beat perfectly clear. But there lies the problem for me..it throws those notes out almost TOO perfectly! "Here's one, there's another..... exactly how it was recorded. This is what you want right?" Well.. No. It sounds far too analytical for me and sometimes you just want a cohesive tune that just sounds good as the sum of its parts. Smooth and coherent. This is why I find myself gravitating towards the Amperiors every time I want to enjoy my music and have fun. Although saying that, I am not letting go of my DT1350's just yet!
Edited by jayp266 - 2/25/13 at 3:15pm
post #3160 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headzone View Post

DT1350 IS the new DT48.

Beyer now has audiometry version of the DT1350 on their website, take a look: http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/audiometry/at-1350-a.html

Notice in the specs it says "Open ends (no plug)" anyone know what is meant by that?

By contrast the dt1350 spec list clearly states there being a plug.
post #3161 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovex View Post


Notice in the specs it says "Open ends (no plug)" anyone know what is meant by that?

By contrast the dt1350 spec list clearly states there being a plug.

The headphone cable is not terminated so you can use whatever plug you want for it. It's the same with the DT48.

post #3162 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixClaw View Post

The headphone cable is not terminated so you can use whatever plug you want for it. It's the same with the DT48.

 

Does this mean the cable is not the reinforced DT1350? Because that is one strong cable.

 

ADD: The T50p are also designed similarly to the DT1350 but quite different in sound.


Edited by AJHeadfi - 2/25/13 at 6:09pm
post #3163 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHeadfi View Post

 

Does this mean the cable is not the reinforced DT1350? Because that is one strong cable.

 

ADD: The T50p are also designed similarly to the DT1350 but quite different in sound.

 

What do you mean by reinforced? The audiometry version simply doesn't have a plug so you can put whatever you want yourself.

post #3164 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixClaw View Post

 

What do you mean by reinforced? The audiometry version simply doesn't have a plug so you can put whatever you want yourself.

 

The DT1350 cable is reinforced with material to make it much stronger than a normal cable. It is a very strong cable designed for professional studio environment use, accidental yanking etc. I expect the plug is connected to this reinforcing material?

post #3165 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

 

Kinda-sorta, I would say the AKG K550. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypoknons View Post


DT1350s are hard to beat, they aren't some FOTM people dig because of some wierd coloration but a genuine high performance device that is neutral, extended in FR up and down and has very good dynamics. I heard some good things about the T70 and the 550 doesn't seem too bad.

 

Yeah, seems like AKG K550 has similarity with the DT1350. But still having doubt in my mind I auditioned some headphones in local store (unfortunately I didn't have a chance to try the 550 :( ).

I've tried DT880 32ohm, HD600, HD598, and ATH 900X. I do like the DT880 but I prefer 250ohm version because I've invest some of amps and I can see that I would invest more into the amps in the future. Unfortunately the store didn't have the DT880 250ohm version.

 

Then when I looked around I happened to see Denon D2000 headphone (demo unit, the condition is worse!). Having discount of about 55% off from the MSRP and still get 1 year warranty I totally dig into this headphone and so I bought the Denon AH D2000. In my first impression d2000 has wider soundstage, the bass a bit punchy but not as tight, and the mid is little bit recessed compare to DT1350.

 

I do enjoy the denon but after a while I'm looking another headphone again (somehow it doesn't satify me) and then found this deal for DT770 Pro 250Ohm. I've read some review on DT770 on this forum and others as well, just want to know from the other DT1350 user perspective, how this DT770 perform ? Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: