New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Beyer DT1350 - Page 204

post #3046 of 3813

Interesting thoughts. Good point about the T1s, they're semi open not closed so should be very different

 

Have heard the T5ps are good but a little bass light. I wonder if they at least go as low as 1350's in sub - for the price they should...

Love the look of them.

 

I like Ultrasones..... Maybe the Sig Pro's are closest & better than Ed8s? Sig DJs also interesting but I hate the look of them. & certainly not neutral, from all accounts they're a more refined Pro900 but still with a U-shape response

 

Anyway, for now I'm just enjoying the 1350s as a compliment to me he400s

Maybe the wider pads will make them comfier for longer listening sessions

post #3047 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by designbykai View Post

Have heard the T5ps are good but a little bass light. I wonder if they at least go as low as 1350's in sub - for the price they should...

Love the look of them.

 

Personally I don't consider them bass-light, maybe a tad less up front than the DT1350 but with finer resolution and definitely going as deep as their smaller brother. I use the T5p with a Leckerton amp, the bass might loose a bit impact and/or depth when driven by a mobile device.

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicDT1350.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicT5p.pdf


Edited by plakat - 12/17/12 at 12:51am
post #3048 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post

 

Personally I don't consider them bass-light, maybe a tad less up front than the DT1350 but with finer resolution and definitely going as deep as their smaller brother. I use the T5p with a Leckerton amp, the bass might loose a bit impact and/or depth when driven by a mobile device.

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicDT1350.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicT5p.pdf

Nice. I'll have to do some more research

Reading up on T50rp mods now mainly the Paradoxes and Mad Dogs. They sound like excellent neutral closed headphones with good bass extension similar to dt1350s as well

post #3049 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by designbykai View Post

Nice. I'll have to do some more research

Reading up on T50rp mods now mainly the Paradoxes and Mad Dogs. They sound like excellent neutral closed headphones with good bass extension similar to dt1350s as well


I think you're confusing the Beyerdynamic T5p and the Fostex T50RP

post #3050 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixClaw View Post


I think you're confusing the Beyerdynamic T5p and the Fostex T50RP

Nope, I'm interested in both, nothing to do with the model number similarity heheh.

 

Was just asking opinions on similar sound signature phones to DT1350, with good bass extension and somewhat neutral, but over the ear rather than on-ear, at all price ranges.

post #3051 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by designbykai View Post

Nope, I'm interested in both, nothing to do with the model number similarity heheh.

 

Was just asking opinions on similar sound signature phones to DT1350, with good bass extension and somewhat neutral, but over the ear rather than on-ear, at all price ranges.

 

Ahh in that case the T50RP recommendation goes well. I tried it out of my C2 and was driven well and sounded good. Definitely more spacious. The mids were more forward from what I remember but otherwise very good.

post #3052 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixClaw View Post

Ahh in that case the T50RP recommendation goes well. I tried it out of my C2 and was driven well and sounded good. Definitely more spacious. The mids were more forward from what I remember but otherwise very good.
Cool. Yeah I'm loving what I'm reading about the mad dog t50rps...
A high end beyer like t5p might be nice eventually ( I guess that's why I said money no object, not something I can justify right now but maybe in a year)
But short term I might actually sell my pro900s to fund these t50rp MDs - he400+dt1350+MDs would be a great set to have...
Mids may be slightly "forward" on all 3 but that's what I'm liking in a HP these days. Along with good sub bass extension. Piercing treble and mid bass humps annoy me, hence why I should sell pro900s. They're nice but a one tricky pony purely for DnB really
post #3053 of 3813

I haven't tried the t5p but from reading around it seems like I'll prefer the Ultrasone Signature Pros (at around the same price for me). I've been listening to the DT1350 extensively recently and one thing I would really want is to improve the long term comfort for listening usage that goes beyond the 1~2 hours that I can tolerate. So far I've only been able to try out hd25 velour pads which are good if you can get them. I've also asked about trying to wrap the headband with the DTXX0 series headbands for better comfort but as MrAdrian iirc reported they weren't a good fit and didn't have much benefit.

 

I can wear the ATH-M50 by comparison for 4 hours+ at a time

post #3054 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixClaw View Post

I haven't tried the t5p but from reading around it seems like I'll prefer the Ultrasone Signature Pros (at around the same price for me). I've been listening to the DT1350 extensively recently and one thing I would really want is to improve the long term comfort for listening usage that goes beyond the 1~2 hours that I can tolerate. So far I've only been able to try out hd25 velour pads which are good if you can get them. I've also asked about trying to wrap the headband with the DTXX0 series headbands for better comfort but as MrAdrian iirc reported they weren't a good fit and didn't have much benefit.

I can wear the ATH-M50 by comparison for 4 hours+ at a time

Yeah for sure, its probably the only negative I have with them. Its understandable being a portable high isolation HP though. I'm getting more used to them each time I wears them too. 30min used to be hard now 2hrs are fine.

I'm pretty keen to buy a pair of these wider diameter pads people are talking about a couple pages back, but they're not cheap shipped from Germany. Also interested in some more impressions
post #3055 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixClaw View Post

I haven't tried the t5p but from reading around it seems like I'll prefer the Ultrasone Signature Pros (at around the same price for me). I've been listening to the DT1350 extensively recently and one thing I would really want is to improve the long term comfort for listening usage that goes beyond the 1~2 hours that I can tolerate. So far I've only been able to try out hd25 velour pads which are good if you can get them. I've also asked about trying to wrap the headband with the DTXX0 series headbands for better comfort but as MrAdrian iirc reported they weren't a good fit and didn't have much benefit.

 

I can wear the ATH-M50 by comparison for 4 hours+ at a time

 

Yeah, learnt it the hard way. Maybe its because I do not extend the arms a lot (only 3~4 slots), but when putting the XX0 headband on it pushed the metal frame apart from the cups, making a scar similar to the one Beyer did with the repair - check a few posts ahead.

 

Smaller than that, but Ouch!

post #3056 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by designbykai View Post


 Along with good sub bass extension. Piercing treble and mid bass humps annoy me, hence why I should sell pro900s. They're nice but a one tricky pony purely for DnB really

 

The MD's sub bass does not go as low as the DT1350s...but they don't have an annoying mid bass hump.  The MD are really, really comfortable and the price is right.   I think you will like them.

 

 

They do need power though, so you might need a good amp.

 

 

Edit:  Never mind about the amp...I just noticed you have a Matrix from reading your signature (that should be enough...but a LYR will make them sing).


Edited by elvergun - 12/17/12 at 1:06pm
post #3057 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

 

The MD's sub bass does not go as low as the DT1350s...but they don't have an annoying mid bass hump.  The MD are really, really comfortable and the price is right.   I think you will like them.

 

 

They do need power though, so you might need a good amp.

 

 

Edit:  Never mind about the amp...I just noticed you have a Matrix from reading your signature (that should be enough...but a LYR will make them sing).

 

Are you implying the DT1350's have a mid bass hump?

post #3058 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

Are you implying the DT1350's have a mid bass hump?
No.
post #3059 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

 

Are you implying the DT1350's have a mid bass hump?


I think he's referring to the MDs. DT 1350's definitely do not have mid-bass hump. In fact, they do lack some mid-bass sometimes.

post #3060 of 3813

Hi, just want to share my experience with DT1350 on my first post.

 

I have it for about four weeks. And I used it mainly at office and at home (so almost most of my days).

First week I missed the amount of bass that I usually get from Sennheiser RS-180 or ATH M50s. So I decided to buy Digizoid ZO2 and it was really solve the problem.

Second week I use my DT1350 mostly with Digizoid ZO2 and happy with it.

Something happened on third week, it start giving a nice amount of bass (without Digizoid ZO2).

And now I use my DT1350 almost without the Digizoid ZO2.

 

One thing that challenge me is to solve the comfort issue. I still can tolerate for using 2-3 hours before giving some pain.

I found there are mixed result when using the HD 25 valour pad on top of original pad but probably will try it this week anyway.

 

Btw, last week I had a chance to try the Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and I'm glad to go with DT1350 as I prefer the sound from my DT1350. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: