But I say out of all owners, I used to own couple more headphones though, but then....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT48 E 200 ohmstagged by System, 4/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 2/10/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryOn Eartagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/12/11
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphone Advice... Last post on 7/15/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... Last post on 4/1/15 at 8:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
New Beyer DT1350 - Page 187post #2791 of 388510/28/12 at 10:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2792 of 388510/28/12 at 10:54pmQuote:
anyone????post #2793 of 388510/28/12 at 11:00pm
The answer is an emphatic yes! If u r using an iphone that is. The amp circuit in the ipod/iphone is no good imo. Using iphone direct the dt1350 gets sufficient volume but sounds "slow". With the e11 the bass gets tighter, in fact the while spectrum just tighten and responds quicker. Better seperation and soundstage even as a result (although stage is pretty small to begin with it gets better). For sure worth it as long as you are using an lod cable not the hp out.
Sorry typing on my ipad.
Edited by Doc-holliday - 10/28/12 at 11:04pmpost #2794 of 388510/28/12 at 11:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM
Ha ha no, I'm still and audiophile bottom dweller. I have lusted after the DT1350's for a while, but my ascension to DT1350's greatness was interrupted by the purchase of some cheapo JVC HA-S500's ($55). I am no expert, but apparently they punch way above their weight. Doc, who recently got the DT1350's, also likes the HA-S500's, as evidenced in his "over performing" thread:
So now that he has the DT1350's as well (which I have been coveting), I like to pester him for his opinions of both sets of cans (actually, I enjoy pestering Doc just for the fun of it lol!).
Having said that, I'm interested in your impressions of how you think that whacky dubstep stuff sounds on your 1350's and your Grado PS500's, so bring it on! :)
Ohhh, okay, I really missed the mark on that one LOL. I'll have to try to get a listen to those JVCs...I love products that perform well above their price point, so those sound very interesting to me. I have some $8 Altec Lansing IEMs that I picked up that sound much better than they should, and when I use my ZO2 amp they sound WAY better than they should. I love hearing about gear that falls into that category.post #2795 of 388510/29/12 at 12:02ampost #2796 of 388510/29/12 at 3:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Doc-holliday
The music just sounds thin IN COMPARRISON without at least a little midbass emphasis for this particular genre (for my taste at least). The flat and not-emphasized bass of the DT1350 just does not make them a main candidate for this genre, even after eq'ing. Not to say they can't or won't be listenable, oh they will, they just would not be one of the better choices.
Exactly. Currently I prefer the Momentum for mobile use when listening to Dubstep while I prefer the DT1350 for almost everything else. Too bad the K550 isn't quite mobile... still my go-to option at home.post #2797 of 388510/29/12 at 4:45ampost #2798 of 388510/29/12 at 4:54ampost #2799 of 388510/29/12 at 5:47ampost #2800 of 388510/29/12 at 5:50ampost #2801 of 388510/29/12 at 5:59ampost #2802 of 388510/29/12 at 6:45ampost #2803 of 388510/29/12 at 8:25am
Read this thread.
The fiio e11 is a very fine portable amp. It is also about 35% more powerful than the e17. If you do not need the DAC feature then it is better to go with the e11. I use ot for portable and use a different dac/amp for desktop use.post #2804 of 388510/30/12 at 6:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Doc-holliday
Read this thread.
The fiio e11 is a very fine portable amp. It is also about 35% more powerful than the e17. If you do not need the DAC feature then it is better to go with the e11. I use ot for portable and use a different dac/amp for desktop use.
indeed the E11 is pretty nice, I also find it interesting that it expands the sound stage on the dt 1350, for me it shrinks the sound stage on my Open dt 880s.... but truth be told it does make my Closed xb 700 sound a little bigger... so that's an interesting thought
The cMoy bb is also a good amp, but I got the JDS Labes $100 version that lasts forever and has more power than the E11 xDpost #2805 of 388510/30/12 at 4:03pm
I'm currently considering getting a portable headphone for me. There's a couple of things I wanted to know:
I read that the beyer dt1350 is very uncomfortable at first, but does the clamping force decrease over time and does it become more comfortable?
Will they be a good choice for rock and metal? I'm expecting many people to recommend the HD-25, but I'm afraid it won't be as refined as I want it to be. I used to own an M50, and it just sounded like a cheap headphone to me, it didn't have that "Hi-Fi" sound, and people say the HD-25 is even less refined. I'm looking for a headphone with clarity, details, resolution, and a refined sound, but I also want it to be engaging and fun. Since the DT1350 are known to have more clarity, do you guys think they will be Hi-Fi enough for me, or is that only achieved with full-sized headphones?
Edited by daniel521 - 10/30/12 at 4:12pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Beyer DT1350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 6 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 9 seconds ago
- › Are Soul by Ludacris any good? 20 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 21 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 42 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 56 seconds ago
- › Budget amp for HD 598 and DT 880 Pro 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2