But I say out of all owners, I used to own couple more headphones though, but then....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT48 E 200 ohmstagged by System, 4/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 2/10/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryOn Eartagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/12/11
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphone Advice... Last post on 7/15/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... Last post on 4/1/15 at 8:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
New Beyer DT1350 - Page 187post #2791 of 388510/28/12 at 10:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2792 of 388510/28/12 at 10:54pmQuote:
anyone????post #2793 of 388510/28/12 at 11:00pm
The answer is an emphatic yes! If u r using an iphone that is. The amp circuit in the ipod/iphone is no good imo. Using iphone direct the dt1350 gets sufficient volume but sounds "slow". With the e11 the bass gets tighter, in fact the while spectrum just tighten and responds quicker. Better seperation and soundstage even as a result (although stage is pretty small to begin with it gets better). For sure worth it as long as you are using an lod cable not the hp out.
Sorry typing on my ipad.
Edited by Doc-holliday - 10/28/12 at 11:04pmpost #2794 of 388510/28/12 at 11:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM
Ha ha no, I'm still and audiophile bottom dweller. I have lusted after the DT1350's for a while, but my ascension to DT1350's greatness was interrupted by the purchase of some cheapo JVC HA-S500's ($55). I am no expert, but apparently they punch way above their weight. Doc, who recently got the DT1350's, also likes the HA-S500's, as evidenced in his "over performing" thread:
So now that he has the DT1350's as well (which I have been coveting), I like to pester him for his opinions of both sets of cans (actually, I enjoy pestering Doc just for the fun of it lol!).
Having said that, I'm interested in your impressions of how you think that whacky dubstep stuff sounds on your 1350's and your Grado PS500's, so bring it on! :)
Ohhh, okay, I really missed the mark on that one LOL. I'll have to try to get a listen to those JVCs...I love products that perform well above their price point, so those sound very interesting to me. I have some $8 Altec Lansing IEMs that I picked up that sound much better than they should, and when I use my ZO2 amp they sound WAY better than they should. I love hearing about gear that falls into that category.post #2795 of 388510/29/12 at 12:02ampost #2796 of 388510/29/12 at 3:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Doc-holliday
The music just sounds thin IN COMPARRISON without at least a little midbass emphasis for this particular genre (for my taste at least). The flat and not-emphasized bass of the DT1350 just does not make them a main candidate for this genre, even after eq'ing. Not to say they can't or won't be listenable, oh they will, they just would not be one of the better choices.
Exactly. Currently I prefer the Momentum for mobile use when listening to Dubstep while I prefer the DT1350 for almost everything else. Too bad the K550 isn't quite mobile... still my go-to option at home.post #2797 of 388510/29/12 at 4:45ampost #2798 of 388510/29/12 at 4:54ampost #2799 of 388510/29/12 at 5:47ampost #2800 of 388510/29/12 at 5:50ampost #2801 of 388510/29/12 at 5:59ampost #2802 of 388510/29/12 at 6:45ampost #2803 of 388510/29/12 at 8:25am
Read this thread.
The fiio e11 is a very fine portable amp. It is also about 35% more powerful than the e17. If you do not need the DAC feature then it is better to go with the e11. I use ot for portable and use a different dac/amp for desktop use.post #2804 of 388510/30/12 at 6:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Doc-holliday
Read this thread.
The fiio e11 is a very fine portable amp. It is also about 35% more powerful than the e17. If you do not need the DAC feature then it is better to go with the e11. I use ot for portable and use a different dac/amp for desktop use.
indeed the E11 is pretty nice, I also find it interesting that it expands the sound stage on the dt 1350, for me it shrinks the sound stage on my Open dt 880s.... but truth be told it does make my Closed xb 700 sound a little bigger... so that's an interesting thought
The cMoy bb is also a good amp, but I got the JDS Labes $100 version that lasts forever and has more power than the E11 xDpost #2805 of 388510/30/12 at 4:03pm
I'm currently considering getting a portable headphone for me. There's a couple of things I wanted to know:
I read that the beyer dt1350 is very uncomfortable at first, but does the clamping force decrease over time and does it become more comfortable?
Will they be a good choice for rock and metal? I'm expecting many people to recommend the HD-25, but I'm afraid it won't be as refined as I want it to be. I used to own an M50, and it just sounded like a cheap headphone to me, it didn't have that "Hi-Fi" sound, and people say the HD-25 is even less refined. I'm looking for a headphone with clarity, details, resolution, and a refined sound, but I also want it to be engaging and fun. Since the DT1350 are known to have more clarity, do you guys think they will be Hi-Fi enough for me, or is that only achieved with full-sized headphones?
Edited by daniel521 - 10/30/12 at 4:12pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Beyer DT1350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Grado e Series 3 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1 vs HAVI B3 Pro 1? Anyone has both and/or can comment on a... 5 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2