But I say out of all owners, I used to own couple more headphones though, but then....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT48 E 200 ohmstagged by System, 4/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 2/10/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryOn Eartagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/12/11
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphone Advice... Last post on 7/15/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... Last post on 8/13/13 at 11:59am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I'm giving these a 4 based on sound quality alone. I'm a cheap headphone user; I've gone from cheap headphone to cheap headphone over the past decade or so. I started with the Skullcandy Ink'd...
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
New Beyer DT1350 - Page 187post #2791 of 376210/28/12 at 10:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2792 of 376210/28/12 at 10:54pmQuote:
anyone????post #2793 of 376210/28/12 at 11:00pm
The answer is an emphatic yes! If u r using an iphone that is. The amp circuit in the ipod/iphone is no good imo. Using iphone direct the dt1350 gets sufficient volume but sounds "slow". With the e11 the bass gets tighter, in fact the while spectrum just tighten and responds quicker. Better seperation and soundstage even as a result (although stage is pretty small to begin with it gets better). For sure worth it as long as you are using an lod cable not the hp out.
Sorry typing on my ipad.
Edited by Doc-holliday - 10/28/12 at 11:04pmpost #2794 of 376210/28/12 at 11:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM
Ha ha no, I'm still and audiophile bottom dweller. I have lusted after the DT1350's for a while, but my ascension to DT1350's greatness was interrupted by the purchase of some cheapo JVC HA-S500's ($55). I am no expert, but apparently they punch way above their weight. Doc, who recently got the DT1350's, also likes the HA-S500's, as evidenced in his "over performing" thread:
So now that he has the DT1350's as well (which I have been coveting), I like to pester him for his opinions of both sets of cans (actually, I enjoy pestering Doc just for the fun of it lol!).
Having said that, I'm interested in your impressions of how you think that whacky dubstep stuff sounds on your 1350's and your Grado PS500's, so bring it on! :)
Ohhh, okay, I really missed the mark on that one LOL. I'll have to try to get a listen to those JVCs...I love products that perform well above their price point, so those sound very interesting to me. I have some $8 Altec Lansing IEMs that I picked up that sound much better than they should, and when I use my ZO2 amp they sound WAY better than they should. I love hearing about gear that falls into that category.post #2795 of 376210/29/12 at 12:02ampost #2796 of 376210/29/12 at 3:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Doc-holliday
The music just sounds thin IN COMPARRISON without at least a little midbass emphasis for this particular genre (for my taste at least). The flat and not-emphasized bass of the DT1350 just does not make them a main candidate for this genre, even after eq'ing. Not to say they can't or won't be listenable, oh they will, they just would not be one of the better choices.
Exactly. Currently I prefer the Momentum for mobile use when listening to Dubstep while I prefer the DT1350 for almost everything else. Too bad the K550 isn't quite mobile... still my go-to option at home.post #2797 of 376210/29/12 at 4:45ampost #2798 of 376210/29/12 at 4:54ampost #2799 of 376210/29/12 at 5:47ampost #2800 of 376210/29/12 at 5:50ampost #2801 of 376210/29/12 at 5:59ampost #2802 of 376210/29/12 at 6:45ampost #2803 of 376210/29/12 at 8:25am
Read this thread.
The fiio e11 is a very fine portable amp. It is also about 35% more powerful than the e17. If you do not need the DAC feature then it is better to go with the e11. I use ot for portable and use a different dac/amp for desktop use.post #2804 of 376210/30/12 at 6:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Doc-holliday
Read this thread.
The fiio e11 is a very fine portable amp. It is also about 35% more powerful than the e17. If you do not need the DAC feature then it is better to go with the e11. I use ot for portable and use a different dac/amp for desktop use.
indeed the E11 is pretty nice, I also find it interesting that it expands the sound stage on the dt 1350, for me it shrinks the sound stage on my Open dt 880s.... but truth be told it does make my Closed xb 700 sound a little bigger... so that's an interesting thought
The cMoy bb is also a good amp, but I got the JDS Labes $100 version that lasts forever and has more power than the E11 xDpost #2805 of 376210/30/12 at 4:03pm
I'm currently considering getting a portable headphone for me. There's a couple of things I wanted to know:
I read that the beyer dt1350 is very uncomfortable at first, but does the clamping force decrease over time and does it become more comfortable?
Will they be a good choice for rock and metal? I'm expecting many people to recommend the HD-25, but I'm afraid it won't be as refined as I want it to be. I used to own an M50, and it just sounded like a cheap headphone to me, it didn't have that "Hi-Fi" sound, and people say the HD-25 is even less refined. I'm looking for a headphone with clarity, details, resolution, and a refined sound, but I also want it to be engaging and fun. Since the DT1350 are known to have more clarity, do you guys think they will be Hi-Fi enough for me, or is that only achieved with full-sized headphones?
Edited by daniel521 - 10/30/12 at 4:12pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Beyer DT1350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge 3 seconds ago
- › [AUS] Lachlan's 'Some Headphones Are More Equal Than Others' Sale!!! 37 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: 15 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FS: digiZoid ZO2 7 minutes ago
- › Dr. Chesky's Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by az060693
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude