New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Beyer DT1350 - Page 185

post #2761 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

Oh, okay....yeah, you're exactly right, the bass is very clean and flat, and it won't over-exaggerate what's there. 

Well you say that but looking at the Freq response there's +5 in the bass then it rolls dwn into mids then back into highs, so it appears to be bass emphasised, not like the Dt 990 or the Xb 700

 

and for "bass heavy" songs I can link you a few, the main issue with dub step and mid bass, is Wobbles r mid bass... 

 

 

Very Sub Bass heavy, like a lot of ole school Dub Step

post #2762 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Well you say that but looking at the Freq response there's +5 in the bass then it rolls dwn into mids then back into highs, so it appears to be bass emphasised, not like the Dt 990 or the Xb 700

 

 

 

 

I never said it was perfectly neutral....I said the bass was flat and clean and not OVER-exaggerated. And that's exactly the case as far as waht I've experienced. YOu're not going to be able to put on a track that is somewhat calm in the low end and all of a sudden have it thumping your brain. The headphones will basically show you what's there based on how the track was mixed. But if you put on something that was mixed with some thump,  you'll HEAR the thump. These aren't the headphones for bass heads who want every piece of music they listen to to have mega bass...but if you like a well-articulated low end that stays clean all the way down to 5hz, they'll take on that task quite well. 

post #2763 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

and for "bass heavy" songs I can link you a few, the main issue with dub step and mid bass, is Wobbles r mid bass... 

 

Very Sub Bass heavy, like a lot of ole school Dub Step

 

That was very cool - thanks! It sounds great on my cheapo S500's, and the bass seems to be handled really well (but, I don't have any higher end phones to compare it to). I don't want to go too OT, but if you do have a few more links, I wouldn't complain :)

 

Hey Doc.. why don't you lend me your DT1350's for a few weeks and let me compare them to the S500? No way you say? Sheesh, and here I thought we were buddies lol!

 

Ok then, if you have nothing but time, you should slap on the 'ol ATH pleathers onto your S500 and do some A-B'ing between it and the DT1350 while listening to that Dub Step tune! It would be interesting to hear the comparison :)

post #2764 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post

 

I think what he means is that mainstream EDM lovers prefer a headphone with more midbass then what the DT1350 can provide.

 

But we are different, we dig the subbass presence and accuracy rather than mid/sub bass quantity. EDM lovers in this thread (this forum) are all hipsters!

 

Well said! I don't really listen to EDM, only songs with real instruments used (usually busy rock/metal songs). But still I think, any genre should be played the way it was meant to be heard by the sound engineers.

 

Anyway, if anyone wants to hear their DT 1350s boast their low frequency capabilities, you can try Welcome Stranger by Bass Mekanik. That is one old-skul bassy track that my uncle and I used to play on very large speakers and made the flower vase on the speaker fall. lol


Edited by autoexec - 10/23/12 at 8:02pm
post #2765 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

I never said it was perfectly neutral....I said the bass was flat and clean and not OVER-exaggerated. And that's exactly the case as far as waht I've experienced. YOu're not going to be able to put on a track that is somewhat calm in the low end and all of a sudden have it thumping your brain. The headphones will basically show you what's there based on how the track was mixed. But if you put on something that was mixed with some thump,  you'll HEAR the thump. These aren't the headphones for bass heads who want every piece of music they listen to to have mega bass...but if you like a well-articulated low end that stays clean all the way down to 5hz, they'll take on that task quite well. 


Yea I see what you mean, but I will say this not everything has BUMP on the XB 700's and that's due to the lack in mid bass that they have :[

 

Still though I do like a little bit of Dub Step on the Dt 880! That Very clean bass has a WONDERFUL impact to me! Very controlled and I totally dig it, so that 5 db boost to bass with that nice sexy Flat Line Response might be nice!

 

I'd like all of these, and the Dt 990 are going to be my mid Bass cans with the HE-500 Being an At home replacement to the Dt 880 [I might get the 600 Ohm DT 880]

 

Leaving me in serach of a Sub Bass can, because I can enjoy non exagerated bass!

 

Again looking at this... there is potential. Non the less I may not get the Dt 1350's as quickly as I'd like to get the XB1000 Dt 990 and HE 500 [In that order xD] But as a hopeful collector of Headphones I'd love to have a pair non the less <3

post #2766 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoexec View Post

 

Well said! I don't really listen to EDM, only songs with real instruments used (usually busy rock/metal songs). But still I think, any genre should be played the way it was meant to be heard by the sound engineers.

Sorry for the Double post, but Dub Step was Meant to be enjoyed trough BIG MAMA JAMMIN speakers lol, I doubt a sound Enigineer mixed it since BASS heavy music is more about the pleasure of that Low Frequancy wave hitting your body [or brain] than about the sound of that wave... sound is good but Feeling is better... at least with Bass Heavy music

 

But I go back to my enjoyment of Dub Step on the Dt 880s, there are some really WONDERFUL songs that demand that kind of Engineered prefected reproduction! Like the Culprate Song I posted [Tentacle] a great song on the Dt 880s! The same goes for Fat Jon, his music is very BASS heavy but at the same time it's master wonderfully!

 

So again, the Dt 1350 has serious poential but for accurate reproduction, I have the Dt 880 <3

post #2767 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post


 

I'd like all of these

 

 

Now we're talking! lol

post #2768 of 3762

Considering the size of these things and a perfect seal the bass is essentially bottomless. Best in class bottom end deep bass. The midbass is particular to the headphone I like it but some may indeed like their lowend more dirty and beefy. Might also just be the size of the things. If more bass is needed you can always tweak the frequency a tiny tiny bit. From The Roots to Aphex Twin I mostly think they nailed the bass on these things. Nice dynamic recordings like the Pink Floyd or Kraftwerk remasters sound terrific. I think the bass is fine but if you are expecting these to be ALL about bass well then you might be disappointed though not sure why. It's realistic and at times seemingly tactile bass with good recordings.
 

post #2769 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

Hey Doc.. why don't you lend me your DT1350's for a few weeks and let me compare them to the S500? No way you say? Sheesh, and here I thought we were buddies lol!

Ok then, if you have nothing but time, you should slap on the 'ol ATH pleathers onto your S500 and do some A-B'ing between it and the DT1350 while listening to that Dub Step tune! It would be interesting to hear the comparison smily_headphones1.gif

Yes sure, I'll loan them to you for a few weeks. Just send me your address and $299.00 for shipping and you can use them. Just make sure you send em back when you are done wink.gif
post #2770 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

Now we're talking! lol

Indeed we are :3

post #2771 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


Yes sure, I'll loan them to you for a few weeks. Just send me your address and $299.00 for shipping and you can use them. Just make sure you send em back when you are done wink.gif

 

That's mighty kind of you Doc! But wow - where the heck do you live???

post #2772 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

That's mighty kind of you Doc! But wow - where the heck do you live???

Hey man 299 for shipping, dude be fair you should only REALLY be charging him 298 ;3

post #2773 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Hey man 299 for shipping, dude be fair you should only REALLY be charging him 298 ;3

 

 I know! What's with that guy??? ;)

post #2774 of 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

 I know! What's with that guy??? ;)


Insanity for sure! Oh I'm headphonus Supremus now... I might need to go and I dunno... post something useful today some where!

post #2775 of 3762
Man been listening to these all morning. Been recommending them like crazy. Seems like there is almost nothing these don't do well. Only con is i think they could have done with a tad mor padding on that headband. But really did a great job on the earpads. I dont know about yall nut i find the ear pads much more comfy than the hd25-1 ii. Also easier to get a seal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: