The newer versions of the T50p has the same flatter pads. My first pair had the deeper/thicker ones, Beyer USA replaced them after the right driver died, and the ones they sent back are the newer ones. Much better...more comfort, easier to seat, and helps with the pickiness of placement immensely.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT48 E 200 ohmstagged by System, 4/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 2/10/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryOn Eartagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/12/11
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by autoexec, 5/26/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphone Advice... Last post on 7/15/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [review/comparison] Beyerdynamic DT1350, T50p, Sennheiser HD25-1-ii, HD25-13-ii, Pioneer... Last post on 6/19/16 at 12:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
New Beyer DT1350 - Page 2post #16 of 39811/12/11 at 8:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 39811/12/11 at 8:44pmpost #18 of 39811/12/11 at 8:49pm
No prob! I should also mention that the older ones were more of a roundy shape to them, and had a smaller opening over the driver, whereas the new ones are not only flatter but wider with a larger opening and are softer, so they manage to cover more of the ear more efficiently. They can also be purchased as replacement pads through Beyer.post #19 of 39811/12/11 at 8:52pmpost #20 of 39811/13/11 at 12:44am
Hi @ll. The DT1350 has a little bit more pressure and a shorter Headband compared to the first T50p versions. Also the headband (metal,covered by plastic parts, not plastic completely!) is split and can be opened (similar to the HD25 headband). The earpads are the new ones which are also used with the actual T50p Delivery, But the systems are improved in sound after the feedbacks and experiences, the "overall" sound of the DT1350 is more balanced but as detailed as it could be from bass to highs :-), Open, airy and really enjoyable, even at very high volumes.post #21 of 39811/13/11 at 1:16ampost #22 of 39811/13/11 at 7:05ampost #23 of 39811/13/11 at 7:42ampost #24 of 39811/13/11 at 9:09am
Okay, now we know for sure that this is aimed at the same market as the HD25. Obviously the Tesla driver is versatile, as it's appeared in at least four designs now.post #25 of 39811/13/11 at 12:38pm
I was going to email Beyer to recommend that they make something similar to T50p but more DJ/studio friendly...thanks for reading my mind, Beyer!
I expect these to be incredibly clear and detailed like the other 2 Tesla drivers I've heard. I hope they have made the cable more robust than the T50p.post #26 of 39811/26/11 at 1:14pmThread Starterpost #27 of 39811/27/11 at 3:24am
Well frak, there's goes my "No headphones for a while" plan. I gotta keep an eye on these. Smaller headband = yes please, I'm not Roger the Alien!post #28 of 39811/27/11 at 7:26am
DT 1350 looks just as great as the T50p. Asking Beyerdynamic what the differences between T50p and the new DT 1350 is they answered:
From the technical side the driver of the DT 1350 headphones has been re-engineered for higher maximum sound level (129 dB). The sound has been especially adjusted for professional use; natural and balanced sound, while the T 50 p has a little enhancement in bass and treble.I hope this helps.I like the new headband.post #29 of 39811/27/11 at 8:17amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Beyer DT1350
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 22 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 27 seconds ago
- › Should I upgrade my DAC 44 seconds ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › WTB: Mid-fi to hi-fi Chinese UIEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 2 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...