- 26 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ? Last post on 3/21/11 at 1:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman owners: let's lobby for amps for our beloved HM801 Last post on 2/5/10 at 8:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DACs and DAPs: W4S DAC-2, Algorhythm Solo, Hifiman HM801, HM601, Hi Sound Studio V Last post on 5/11/13 at 5:05am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- [ASK] Best Dap / mp3 player for Shure Se215 T___T Last post on 7/21/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Source Gear
- Which portable player has the best SQ? Last post on 8/2/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
From what I have read, the big amp in the HM-801 (not the GAME amp) is very good for big cans, but the HM-601 falls a little short of the power needed to really push phones. Even the big amp in the 801 uis not as good as a top portable amp, as it is just a card and has space limitations. It really depends on what headphones you want to drive. If you have IEMs or portable phones, the built in amps are fine, but if you want to drive some big hard to drive cans, you should get a good separate amps.
I'm happy with the way the 601 drives both a pair of HD650 and a pair of AH-D2000. I haven't yet compared with a portable amp (I have a Predator) because I'm happy with the way it sounds without one,
It is all up to the individual user, I find that I do not need to use an external amp when driving my on the go cans (iems, buds, and small units like the ATH-ESW9).
- Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support 26 seconds ago
- › Mixmaster mikes vs Beats pro vs soul Sl300 vs beats studio vs beats... 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Norse Audio: Feedback & Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › Anedio D2 DAC release 2 minutes ago
- › [FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th,... 2 minutes ago
- › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. 2 minutes ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 2 minutes ago
- › Squeezebox Touch Equivalent 2 minutes ago
- › Do passive speakers + integrated amp have less hiss than active... 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe