- 26 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ? Last post on 3/21/11 at 1:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman owners: let's lobby for amps for our beloved HM801 Last post on 2/5/10 at 8:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HM-601 NOT Updating firmware? Last post on 3/5/14 at 2:10pm in Portable Source Gear
- Two new HifiMan players announced: HM700 and HM802 Last post on 11/21/14 at 7:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- DACs and DAPs: W4S DAC-2, Algorhythm Solo, Hifiman HM801, HM601, Hi Sound Studio V Last post on 9/15/13 at 1:06pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Is being a Jack of all trades and Master of none really a bad thing? Firstly thank you to RHA and Lin0003 for organizing the tour of the T10i as this was one IEM I was...
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From what I have read, the big amp in the HM-801 (not the GAME amp) is very good for big cans, but the HM-601 falls a little short of the power needed to really push phones. Even the big amp in the 801 uis not as good as a top portable amp, as it is just a card and has space limitations. It really depends on what headphones you want to drive. If you have IEMs or portable phones, the built in amps are fine, but if you want to drive some big hard to drive cans, you should get a good separate amps.
I'm happy with the way the 601 drives both a pair of HD650 and a pair of AH-D2000. I haven't yet compared with a portable amp (I have a Predator) because I'm happy with the way it sounds without one,
It is all up to the individual user, I find that I do not need to use an external amp when driving my on the go cans (iems, buds, and small units like the ATH-ESW9).
- Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphone Recommendation (And Any Accessories Needed)! 9 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 12 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 1 minute ago
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 2 minutes ago
- › what COMPANY makes the best headphones 2 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones by marmarama
- › RHA T10i by gikigill
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)