- 26 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ? Last post on 2/6/11 at 8:38am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable player has the best SQ? Last post on 8/2/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Source Gear
- dilemma in choosing portable player - Rocoo P / HM601 slim Last post on 7/27/12 at 6:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Advice for my Hi-Fi Portable source... or "Brick". Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ?post #1 of 61/12/11 at 2:24amThread StarterHello all, I'm going to Jaben store, Singapore, in a few days to buy a hifiman player : don't know again if it will be HM-601 or HM-801. Given your experiences, would it be a good idea (in term of SQ improvement) to add a good portable amp to the players? Are the default HIFIMAN amps already good enough compared to Meier or RSA amps? Thanks
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 62/16/11 at 3:32am
I have the HM-602 and the Headstage Arrow 12HE 3G amp. The SQ of the HO is the same on the two.
However, the Arrow has much more power (drives full size headphones with more authority in the bass), has impedance tweaks (for oversensitive IEMs and for tweaking the sound), bass boost and crossfeed. So - since I got the Arrow I haven't used the HO of the HM-602.
Quote:Originally Posted by Chris13
Hello all, I'm going to Jaben store, Singapore, in a few days to buy a hifiman player : don't know again if it will be HM-601 or HM-801. Given your experiences, would it be a good idea (in term of SQ improvement) to add a good portable amp to the players? Are the default HIFIMAN amps already good enough compared to Meier or RSA amps? Thankspost #3 of 62/20/11 at 4:39am
I have HM-602 and Millet Portable, Move, D10, Supermicro. I use HM-602 is straight unamped even with HD650. Amps break the balance of SQ / Size.
iPod is another story, amp is must for HD650.
And, yes, I may be more useful if you tell me your cans.post #4 of 62/20/11 at 9:46ampost #5 of 62/24/11 at 6:54pm
i use ittransportable, i want the top quality DAC to be juiced up by the best portable amps.but if u dont have the $$$ there's no hurry, sounds great without a portable amp too, I saved up for it bcause I wanted the best. I have tried HM-602, amped touch but they didn't please me, so it has been a long cycle back to the 801post #6 of 63/21/11 at 1:15pm
with my HM-601 and IEMs, amping seems not necessary except to fine-tune the volume control (I feel maxed at 3). with full-size headphones and the HM-601, I do use an amp (duh), but then again, it's not the most likely set-up since I got the HM-601 for hi-rez portability, and use my full-size cans while sitting at computers that have DAC-amp combos. - so, as others already pointed out, it depends on what you want to use with your hifiman.
- Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Ordered Beyer DT-880 Pro 250ohm. Is my X-Fi Titanium PCI-E (non HD)... 24 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Nov 4th 2013 and feature poll... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi