- 26 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ? Last post on 2/6/11 at 8:38am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable player has the best SQ? Last post on 8/2/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Source Gear
- dilemma in choosing portable player - Rocoo P / HM601 slim Last post on 7/27/12 at 6:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Advice for my Hi-Fi Portable source... or "Brick". Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the HM-602 and the Headstage Arrow 12HE 3G amp. The SQ of the HO is the same on the two.
However, the Arrow has much more power (drives full size headphones with more authority in the bass), has impedance tweaks (for oversensitive IEMs and for tweaking the sound), bass boost and crossfeed. So - since I got the Arrow I haven't used the HO of the HM-602.
Hello all, I'm going to Jaben store, Singapore, in a few days to buy a hifiman player : don't know again if it will be HM-601 or HM-801. Given your experiences, would it be a good idea (in term of SQ improvement) to add a good portable amp to the players? Are the default HIFIMAN amps already good enough compared to Meier or RSA amps? Thanks
I have HM-602 and Millet Portable, Move, D10, Supermicro. I use HM-602 is straight unamped even with HD650. Amps break the balance of SQ / Size.
iPod is another story, amp is must for HD650.
And, yes, I may be more useful if you tell me your cans.
i use ittransportable, i want the top quality DAC to be juiced up by the best portable amps.but if u dont have the $$$ there's no hurry, sounds great without a portable amp too, I saved up for it bcause I wanted the best. I have tried HM-602, amped touch but they didn't please me, so it has been a long cycle back to the 801
with my HM-601 and IEMs, amping seems not necessary except to fine-tune the volume control (I feel maxed at 3). with full-size headphones and the HM-601, I do use an amp (duh), but then again, it's not the most likely set-up since I got the HM-601 for hi-rez portability, and use my full-size cans while sitting at computers that have DAC-amp combos. - so, as others already pointed out, it depends on what you want to use with your hifiman.
- Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Lets Talk Metal 47 seconds ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 58 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 59 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CAS192D DAC Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › The BEST-LOOKING Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2