- 26 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ? Last post on 2/6/11 at 8:38am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable player has the best SQ? Last post on 8/2/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Source Gear
- dilemma in choosing portable player - Rocoo P / HM601 slim Last post on 7/27/12 at 6:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Advice for my Hi-Fi Portable source... or "Brick". Last post on 6/25/12 at 1:37pm in Portable Source Gear
- Comparison of Hifiman HM models Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:37pm in Portable Source Gear
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the HM-602 and the Headstage Arrow 12HE 3G amp. The SQ of the HO is the same on the two.
However, the Arrow has much more power (drives full size headphones with more authority in the bass), has impedance tweaks (for oversensitive IEMs and for tweaking the sound), bass boost and crossfeed. So - since I got the Arrow I haven't used the HO of the HM-602.
Hello all, I'm going to Jaben store, Singapore, in a few days to buy a hifiman player : don't know again if it will be HM-601 or HM-801. Given your experiences, would it be a good idea (in term of SQ improvement) to add a good portable amp to the players? Are the default HIFIMAN amps already good enough compared to Meier or RSA amps? Thanks
I have HM-602 and Millet Portable, Move, D10, Supermicro. I use HM-602 is straight unamped even with HD650. Amps break the balance of SQ / Size.
iPod is another story, amp is must for HD650.
And, yes, I may be more useful if you tell me your cans.
i use ittransportable, i want the top quality DAC to be juiced up by the best portable amps.but if u dont have the $$$ there's no hurry, sounds great without a portable amp too, I saved up for it bcause I wanted the best. I have tried HM-602, amped touch but they didn't please me, so it has been a long cycle back to the 801
with my HM-601 and IEMs, amping seems not necessary except to fine-tune the volume control (I feel maxed at 3). with full-size headphones and the HM-601, I do use an amp (duh), but then again, it's not the most likely set-up since I got the HM-601 for hi-rez portability, and use my full-size cans while sitting at computers that have DAC-amp combos. - so, as others already pointed out, it depends on what you want to use with your hifiman.
- Portable amp with HIFIMAN players : is it necessary ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HE-560 Enhancement Mod = 11 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro1 : A Review by Baycode 7 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Wanted Hifiman HE-5LE (EU) 9 minutes ago
- › Review: Westone um 30 Pro 10 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 12 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 12 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)