Just lookin for some basic info. clearly the 141 costs less and since AKGs are famous for getting better with age, buying a used pair of 141s will run about 80 or below. though, if there is a difference in the 142hd other than fuzzy cups and Mila Kunis ranked sex appeal, id like to have that info XD. Thanks guys.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for my girlfriend Last post on 3/5/12 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Velour earpads for AKG k271 Last post on 1/13/12 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs Some others (denon d2000, akg k271, ultrasone edition 8, shure 940, shure 840, beyer... Last post on 5/11/14 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 vs AKG K-271 MK II Last post on 10/2/11 at 9:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an headphone around $150 + amp/dac Last post on 9/15/11 at 3:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
AKG K141 Studio Vs. AKG K142 HD? Any Legit differences?post #1 of 41/11/11 at 4:32pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/12/11 at 6:04am
I think they are essentially the same...same driver, just more 'frills' with the 142hd. I was told just that about the k24X models, so I'm assuming it's the same for the 140/142. The only difference between the 14X and the 24X models is the pads AFAIK.
Edited by lejaz - 1/12/11 at 6:05ampost #3 of 49/26/11 at 7:10pmpost #4 of 44/2/12 at 4:27amI'm thinking about this too.
I've got the K142HD, which is a very nice headphone.
Soundwise I have no complaints and it has a very comfortable fit.
The difference at a glance are the accessoiries and the look.
it seems to me the K141 is build for studio use, has a more reserved look and has a detachable cable. The K141 MkII comes with a 3m wire, a 5m 'telephone' wire and a 6,5mm jack plug converter. And two sets of earpads. The K141 Studio only has the 3m cable, but it's detachable.
the K142HD only comes with the 6,5mm convert.
So, the main plus is a detachable cable. Which has a mini xlr plug on the headphone. So one can easely make a shorter cable for use on the road.
Do any of you know if there are any differences in the sound department? I'd be willing to get a K141 but only if it's an improvement in sound.
- AKG K141 Studio Vs. AKG K142 HD? Any Legit differences?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 28 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 35 seconds ago
- › FS: Geek Out 720 $85 shipped to your door!! 40 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Ibasso Oriolus Hybrid iem 1 minute ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 1 minute ago
- › Tube Amps 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2