Just lookin for some basic info. clearly the 141 costs less and since AKGs are famous for getting better with age, buying a used pair of 141s will run about 80 or below. though, if there is a difference in the 142hd other than fuzzy cups and Mila Kunis ranked sex appeal, id like to have that info XD. Thanks guys.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for my girlfriend Last post on 3/5/12 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Velour earpads for AKG k271 Last post on 1/13/12 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs Some others (denon d2000, akg k271, ultrasone edition 8, shure 940, shure 840, beyer... Last post on 5/11/14 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 vs AKG K-271 MK II Last post on 10/2/11 at 9:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an headphone around $150 + amp/dac Last post on 9/15/11 at 3:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Edifier MP700 Rave Introduction Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I'd watched the growth of MEE Audio over the years, first as Meelectronics, and then more recently as...
At the time this review was written, the Edifier P220 was listed for sale on Amazon. Here is a link to their listing of the...
I loved these Bluetooth earphones,was pme of my best buys, I got them for a shade under $30 at https://www.chinavasion.com/. The earphones come with a bag of silicon clips and different size...
AKG K141 Studio Vs. AKG K142 HD? Any Legit differences?post #1 of 41/11/11 at 4:32pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/12/11 at 6:04am
I think they are essentially the same...same driver, just more 'frills' with the 142hd. I was told just that about the k24X models, so I'm assuming it's the same for the 140/142. The only difference between the 14X and the 24X models is the pads AFAIK.
Edited by lejaz - 1/12/11 at 6:05ampost #3 of 49/26/11 at 7:10pmpost #4 of 44/2/12 at 4:27amI'm thinking about this too.
I've got the K142HD, which is a very nice headphone.
Soundwise I have no complaints and it has a very comfortable fit.
The difference at a glance are the accessoiries and the look.
it seems to me the K141 is build for studio use, has a more reserved look and has a detachable cable. The K141 MkII comes with a 3m wire, a 5m 'telephone' wire and a 6,5mm jack plug converter. And two sets of earpads. The K141 Studio only has the 3m cable, but it's detachable.
the K142HD only comes with the 6,5mm convert.
So, the main plus is a detachable cable. Which has a mini xlr plug on the headphone. So one can easely make a shorter cable for use on the road.
Do any of you know if there are any differences in the sound department? I'd be willing to get a K141 but only if it's an improvement in sound.
- AKG K141 Studio Vs. AKG K142 HD? Any Legit differences?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 38 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 50 seconds ago
- › Vali 2 tube rolling 2 minutes ago
- › The Etymotics HF5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 Impressions Thread (August 13-14, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 7 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 8 minutes ago
- › Samsung Note 7 - just around the corner , audiophile phone? 8 minutes ago
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...