Just lookin for some basic info. clearly the 141 costs less and since AKGs are famous for getting better with age, buying a used pair of 141s will run about 80 or below. though, if there is a difference in the 142hd other than fuzzy cups and Mila Kunis ranked sex appeal, id like to have that info XD. Thanks guys.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for my girlfriend Last post on 3/5/12 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Velour earpads for AKG k271 Last post on 1/13/12 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs Some others (denon d2000, akg k271, ultrasone edition 8, shure 940, shure 840, beyer... Last post on 5/11/14 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 vs AKG K-271 MK II Last post on 10/2/11 at 9:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an headphone around $150 + amp/dac Last post on 9/15/11 at 3:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
AKG K141 Studio Vs. AKG K142 HD? Any Legit differences?post #1 of 41/11/11 at 4:32pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/12/11 at 6:04am
I think they are essentially the same...same driver, just more 'frills' with the 142hd. I was told just that about the k24X models, so I'm assuming it's the same for the 140/142. The only difference between the 14X and the 24X models is the pads AFAIK.
Edited by lejaz - 1/12/11 at 6:05ampost #3 of 49/26/11 at 7:10pmpost #4 of 44/2/12 at 4:27amI'm thinking about this too.
I've got the K142HD, which is a very nice headphone.
Soundwise I have no complaints and it has a very comfortable fit.
The difference at a glance are the accessoiries and the look.
it seems to me the K141 is build for studio use, has a more reserved look and has a detachable cable. The K141 MkII comes with a 3m wire, a 5m 'telephone' wire and a 6,5mm jack plug converter. And two sets of earpads. The K141 Studio only has the 3m cable, but it's detachable.
the K142HD only comes with the 6,5mm convert.
So, the main plus is a detachable cable. Which has a mini xlr plug on the headphone. So one can easely make a shorter cable for use on the road.
Do any of you know if there are any differences in the sound department? I'd be willing to get a K141 but only if it's an improvement in sound.
- AKG K141 Studio Vs. AKG K142 HD? Any Legit differences?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 3 minutes ago
- › Help, need advice to find "right" headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 6 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 6 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 7 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)