Just lookin for some basic info. clearly the 141 costs less and since AKGs are famous for getting better with age, buying a used pair of 141s will run about 80 or below. though, if there is a difference in the 142hd other than fuzzy cups and Mila Kunis ranked sex appeal, id like to have that info XD. Thanks guys.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for my girlfriend Last post on 3/5/12 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Velour earpads for AKG k271 Last post on 1/13/12 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs Some others (denon d2000, akg k271, ultrasone edition 8, shure 940, shure 840, beyer... Last post on 5/11/14 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 vs AKG K-271 MK II Last post on 10/2/11 at 9:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an headphone around $150 + amp/dac Last post on 9/15/11 at 3:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
AKG K141 Studio Vs. AKG K142 HD? Any Legit differences?post #1 of 41/11/11 at 4:32pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/12/11 at 6:04am
I think they are essentially the same...same driver, just more 'frills' with the 142hd. I was told just that about the k24X models, so I'm assuming it's the same for the 140/142. The only difference between the 14X and the 24X models is the pads AFAIK.
Edited by lejaz - 1/12/11 at 6:05ampost #3 of 49/26/11 at 7:10pmpost #4 of 44/2/12 at 4:27amI'm thinking about this too.
I've got the K142HD, which is a very nice headphone.
Soundwise I have no complaints and it has a very comfortable fit.
The difference at a glance are the accessoiries and the look.
it seems to me the K141 is build for studio use, has a more reserved look and has a detachable cable. The K141 MkII comes with a 3m wire, a 5m 'telephone' wire and a 6,5mm jack plug converter. And two sets of earpads. The K141 Studio only has the 3m cable, but it's detachable.
the K142HD only comes with the 6,5mm convert.
So, the main plus is a detachable cable. Which has a mini xlr plug on the headphone. So one can easely make a shorter cable for use on the road.
Do any of you know if there are any differences in the sound department? I'd be willing to get a K141 but only if it's an improvement in sound.
- AKG K141 Studio Vs. AKG K142 HD? Any Legit differences?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 16 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern XB10 Extreme Bluetooth Adapter 1 minute ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › Recommend custom IEM for fatigue / long sessions 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...