Just lookin for some basic info. clearly the 141 costs less and since AKGs are famous for getting better with age, buying a used pair of 141s will run about 80 or below. though, if there is a difference in the 142hd other than fuzzy cups and Mila Kunis ranked sex appeal, id like to have that info XD. Thanks guys.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for my girlfriend Last post on 3/5/12 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Velour earpads for AKG k271 Last post on 1/13/12 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs Some others (denon d2000, akg k271, ultrasone edition 8, shure 940, shure 840, beyer... Last post on 5/11/14 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 vs AKG K-271 MK II Last post on 10/2/11 at 9:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an headphone around $150 + amp/dac Last post on 9/15/11 at 3:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be taking a look at the Sony AS800AP. When I saw first saw them and their Cadbury Mini Egg shape appear in Canadian outlets late in 2014, I knew I had...
Introduction Bluetooth audio has come a long way. It used to be the playground of niche audio brands like Jabra and Plantronics, but when the big boys like Sennheiser got into the mix, things got...
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCAN Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
AKG K141 Studio Vs. AKG K142 HD? Any Legit differences?post #1 of 41/11/11 at 4:32pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 41/12/11 at 6:04am
I think they are essentially the same...same driver, just more 'frills' with the 142hd. I was told just that about the k24X models, so I'm assuming it's the same for the 140/142. The only difference between the 14X and the 24X models is the pads AFAIK.
Edited by lejaz - 1/12/11 at 6:05ampost #3 of 49/26/11 at 7:10pmpost #4 of 44/2/12 at 4:27amI'm thinking about this too.
I've got the K142HD, which is a very nice headphone.
Soundwise I have no complaints and it has a very comfortable fit.
The difference at a glance are the accessoiries and the look.
it seems to me the K141 is build for studio use, has a more reserved look and has a detachable cable. The K141 MkII comes with a 3m wire, a 5m 'telephone' wire and a 6,5mm jack plug converter. And two sets of earpads. The K141 Studio only has the 3m cable, but it's detachable.
the K142HD only comes with the 6,5mm convert.
So, the main plus is a detachable cable. Which has a mini xlr plug on the headphone. So one can easely make a shorter cable for use on the road.
Do any of you know if there are any differences in the sound department? I'd be willing to get a K141 but only if it's an improvement in sound.
- AKG K141 Studio Vs. AKG K142 HD? Any Legit differences?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015... 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 8 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 8 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 10 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 10 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-AS800AP Splashproof Sporty In-Earphone - Black... by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by ezekiel77
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...