Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The BEST-LOOKING Headphones - Page 63

post #931 of 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post
 

the VK-1's headband is way too thin and the whole thing screams "uber cheapie" to me, and the sound is not anywhere near its ludicrous pricetag

I'm not too fond of it either. It's hand-crafted, but honestly, I'd rather have a cheaper price tag than the pretentious feeling of knowing someone other than a factory worker in China assembled it. $500 for an on-ear seems ridiculous to me, but then, I haven't heard them. They could be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Don't know. Going to preemptively say they're meant to be a fashion headphone.

 

AKG, Beyerdynamic, and Sennheiser manufacture their really high-end headphones themselves rather than in a factory in East Asia, and they sound great. I may have a shot at trying out the VK-1s and they could very well prove me wrong when I do. I like being wrong because I'm pessimistic.

 

Also, I like that Sansui headphone, third column on the right.

post #932 of 1108
Shure se215 clear on Rihanna
post #933 of 1108

All fitear universal IEM's with the titanium tube. 

post #934 of 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzeanse View Post
 
$500 for an on-ear seems ridiculous to me, but then, I haven't heard them. They could be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Don't know. Going to preemptively say they're meant to be a fashion headphone.

$500 is ridiculous because they're not very good, not because they're on-ear

 

they're surprisingly clean for a closed can but there's a major bottleneck caused by the driver, which makes them sluggish, highly colored, and poorly extended

post #935 of 1108

I personally think AKG headphones look hideous. I hate that round disc look. Looks goofy and dorky IMO.

 

I think headphone styling is one of the most underlooked and least well done aspects of headphones currently. Very few manufacturers make good looking headphones IMO. Beyerdynamics make some of the better looking ones IMO. 

 

Ultrasone make the prettiest headphones IMO. These ultrasones especially are beautiful:

 


Edited by pachoo5 - 6/18/14 at 1:24pm
post #936 of 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachoo5 View Post
 

I personally think AKG headphones look hideous. I hate that round disc look. Looks goofy and dorky IMO.

 

I think headphone styling is one of the most underlooked and least well done aspects of headphones currently. Very few manufacturers make good looking headphones IMO. Beyerdynamics make some of the better looking ones IMO. 

this the best looking headphones thread, not worst looking, and AKG has a lot of different styles for their gear so it's not fair to group them all together like that

 

but yes, beyers headphones are pretty


Edited by takato14 - 6/18/14 at 1:24pm
post #937 of 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachoo5 View Post
 

I personally think AKG headphones look hideous. I hate that round disc look. Looks goofy and dorky IMO.

 

I think headphone styling is one of the most underlooked and least well done aspects of headphones currently. Very few manufacturers make good looking headphones IMO. Beyerdynamics make some of the better looking ones IMO. 

 

Ultrasone make the prettiest headphones IMO. These ultrasones especially are beautiful:

 

Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I personally like the AKG look.  Since I listen to my headphones rather than stand and look into a mirror with them, the audio quality is all that matters to me really.

post #938 of 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachoo5 View Post
 

I personally think AKG headphones look hideous. I hate that round disc look. Looks goofy and dorky IMO.

 

I think headphone styling is one of the most underlooked and least well done aspects of headphones currently. Very few manufacturers make good looking headphones IMO. Beyerdynamics make some of the better looking ones IMO. 

 

Ultrasone make the prettiest headphones IMO. These ultrasones especially are beautiful:

 

the ED10 looks okay, but the headband is too thin and the cups are a bit gaudy

 

it also sounds like sin


Edited by takato14 - 6/18/14 at 2:11pm
post #939 of 1108

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder… therefore, I find these HPs  aesthetically appealing to the eye.

post #940 of 1108


STAX SR-009. Although I probably list it because I want one so bad.


Edited by JDrive - 6/18/14 at 6:27pm
post #941 of 1108

I love the way the STAX and HiFiMan headphones look. They look very similar IMO.


Edited by pachoo5 - 6/18/14 at 7:59pm
post #942 of 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racio View Post
 

My Eleonor...

 

gradohp1000grayscalesma.jpg

 

rolleyes.gif

 

 

 

 

 

Those are beautiful headphones. Wow. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsonis View Post
 

NO

 

Definitly NO

 

 

Yeah, the AKG K545 is probably the ugliest headphone released in the last few years. It is sooo frigging ugly IMO. 


Edited by pachoo5 - 6/18/14 at 8:05pm
post #943 of 1108
nm please delete
post #944 of 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post
 

this the best looking headphones thread, not worst looking, and AKG has a lot of different styles for their gear so it's not fair to group them all together like that

 

but yes, beyers headphones are pretty


I like the look of their portables. T50p is quite nice looking (but apparently doesn't sound quite as good, compared to say, DT1350s).

post #945 of 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzeanse View Post
 

I like the look of their portables. T50p is quite nice looking (but apparently doesn't sound quite as good, compared to say, DT1350s).

more like they're not even comparable; the T50p is really bad

 

im curious about the T51p though

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The BEST-LOOKING Headphones