Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-7506 Last post on 11/16/11 at 5:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth? Last post on 8/7/11 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
The BEST-LOOKING Headphones - Page 44post #646 of 6767/5/13 at 1:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 6767/7/13 at 6:17ampost #648 of 6767/25/13 at 3:52pmpost #649 of 6767/25/13 at 3:59pmpost #650 of 6768/5/13 at 11:26ampost #651 of 6768/5/13 at 12:46pmpost #652 of 6769/8/13 at 1:44pmpost #653 of 6769/8/13 at 1:45pmpost #654 of 6769/8/13 at 3:11pmpost #655 of 6769/8/13 at 5:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Thunderfoxx
I don't like beats, but if you really want something stylish, I would recommend the black beats by dr dre mixr.
Maybe it's just me, but I really just do not like the beats shape and style. Nothing to do with the sound or price, the style just does not appeal to me.post #656 of 6769/9/13 at 3:32ampost #657 of 6769/9/13 at 10:44pmpost #658 of 6769/11/13 at 2:14amQuote:
Hmm, is it me, or do the earcups look similar to the Sony MDR-V6?post #659 of 6769/12/13 at 11:28amQuote:
It's not you, I posted on another thread stating the same thing.. The Sonys look a bit like the DT48 in a way expect they are very plastickypost #660 of 67610/7/13 at 10:28am
Never been a fan of the look of wood in general. Nor of intricate design, I thing the HD-800 looks awful, same with the Q010-MDR1.
I would say that the overall best looking headphone also happens to be what many consider the best sounding.
http://i.imgur.com/JgzRZWe.jpg (I think I'm too new to use the image function proper)
- Those milled cups
- Adjusters don't stick out like on HiFiMan or Audeze
- That driver piece or driver shield or whatever looks amazing
- Beautiful black leather band and pads
- All the connections between parts are well executed
I like simple, but not over-smoothed. For example, beats look overly minimalized. There's needless plastic threw over things to make it look more minimal. The headphone isn't simple and minimal, just masquerading as it. There's plenty you could take off and keep all function. On the 009, there's nothing unnecessary to cover things up. Every part I can see serves an imminently obvious purpose. You couldn't take away much material at all without losing some functionality. The 009 looks simple and, though I've never even seen one in person, I can just feel the quality.
- The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 18 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Looking for high quality head phones that are less than 160$ 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › New headphone amp 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed over-ear headphones to replace my CAL 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe