Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-7506 Last post on 1/2/17 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth? Last post on 3/7/16 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 4/21/15 at 1:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
The BEST-LOOKING Headphones - Page 35
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #512 of 13182/15/13 at 4:44am
If they were flush like the SR225 on the left of this photo, I think they would look a lot better. As it is, they look ridiculous when someone is wearing them. And I don't think much of Grado's craftsmanship at all. None of their wooden headphones are all that well finished, and I have to imagine that's why they are moving to metal for their higher-end again, as it's a lot easier to machine a nice part than it is to work with wood.
And going back to this post, referring to the Z1000:Quote:Here is a photo of my MDR-7520:Originally Posted by StudioSound
I think they are one of the best looking headphone designs in recent years, and I would argue that the 7520 looks even better, which is unusual for Sony. I find that Sony usually gets the design of a product right the first time around, and tends to make things look worse with newer revisions until the next complete redesign comes along, but I prefer the more uniform all black look the monitors have. I think that there will be interest in the Z1000/7520 a few years from now, when people look back on the design of them retrospectively.
(I should have extended the headband a bit)
Working my way back through the "Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state" topic, I have come to appreciate the AKG K550 design more. I think it's one of the best looking headphones they've put out for a long time - but I do think they are too large, and look ridiculous on most people. Oval shaped earcups make a lot more sense than circular ones for circumaural headphones. I think they ruined the look with the K551, and from owning a pair a while back, they really need to work on their ergonomics. They don't make a good seal on a lot of people - which I suspect is actually due to the large round cups, rather than a lack of clamping force - and the headband padding was inadequate. But AKG have always had trouble designing comfortable headbands.post #513 of 13182/15/13 at 5:27ampost #514 of 13182/15/13 at 5:36am
I agree. Looks too much like AKGs, but I think they succeeded. I like the choice of materials, lack of small plastic pieces and the headband. No bumps that need a good time of wear to soften up. Just my humble opinion though.post #515 of 13182/15/13 at 5:43ampost #516 of 13182/18/13 at 3:33pm
Well, looking is a matter of taste. It depends on person. If you like industrial headphones, I would suggest a German-MAESTRO GMP 8.35D Monitor. For me, it is fantastic in its own way.post #517 of 13182/27/13 at 8:36pmpost #518 of 13182/28/13 at 7:09ampost #519 of 13183/7/13 at 6:45ampost #520 of 13183/15/13 at 7:32pmpost #521 of 13183/16/13 at 2:45pmpost #522 of 13183/17/13 at 12:37pmpost #523 of 13183/17/13 at 12:42pmpost #524 of 13183/17/13 at 12:44pmpost #525 of 13183/17/13 at 6:19pmQuote:
+1 I've always loved the look of the design. Also Beyer T1 looks wonderful to me.
- The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 47 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › iFi audio iPower - universal Ultra-Low Noise AC/DC adapter 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW - Pair of Monster Cable THX ULTRA 1000 16' Subwoofer Cables - NEW 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear