Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-7506 Last post on Yesterday at 5:27 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth? Last post on 8/7/11 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
The BEST-LOOKING Headphones - Page 35
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #512 of 11672/15/13 at 4:44am
If they were flush like the SR225 on the left of this photo, I think they would look a lot better. As it is, they look ridiculous when someone is wearing them. And I don't think much of Grado's craftsmanship at all. None of their wooden headphones are all that well finished, and I have to imagine that's why they are moving to metal for their higher-end again, as it's a lot easier to machine a nice part than it is to work with wood.
And going back to this post, referring to the Z1000:Quote:Here is a photo of my MDR-7520:Originally Posted by StudioSound
I think they are one of the best looking headphone designs in recent years, and I would argue that the 7520 looks even better, which is unusual for Sony. I find that Sony usually gets the design of a product right the first time around, and tends to make things look worse with newer revisions until the next complete redesign comes along, but I prefer the more uniform all black look the monitors have. I think that there will be interest in the Z1000/7520 a few years from now, when people look back on the design of them retrospectively.
(I should have extended the headband a bit)
Working my way back through the "Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state" topic, I have come to appreciate the AKG K550 design more. I think it's one of the best looking headphones they've put out for a long time - but I do think they are too large, and look ridiculous on most people. Oval shaped earcups make a lot more sense than circular ones for circumaural headphones. I think they ruined the look with the K551, and from owning a pair a while back, they really need to work on their ergonomics. They don't make a good seal on a lot of people - which I suspect is actually due to the large round cups, rather than a lack of clamping force - and the headband padding was inadequate. But AKG have always had trouble designing comfortable headbands.post #513 of 11672/15/13 at 5:27ampost #514 of 11672/15/13 at 5:36am
I agree. Looks too much like AKGs, but I think they succeeded. I like the choice of materials, lack of small plastic pieces and the headband. No bumps that need a good time of wear to soften up. Just my humble opinion though.post #515 of 11672/15/13 at 5:43ampost #516 of 11672/18/13 at 3:33pmpost #517 of 11672/27/13 at 8:36pmpost #518 of 11672/28/13 at 7:09ampost #519 of 11673/7/13 at 6:45ampost #520 of 11673/15/13 at 7:32pmpost #521 of 11673/16/13 at 2:45pmpost #522 of 11673/17/13 at 12:37pmpost #523 of 11673/17/13 at 12:42pmpost #524 of 11673/17/13 at 12:44pmpost #525 of 11673/17/13 at 6:19pmQuote:
+1 I've always loved the look of the design. Also Beyer T1 looks wonderful to me.
- The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2