Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-7506 Last post on 11/16/11 at 5:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth? Last post on 8/7/11 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Integrated amplifiers. We all know what they are, right? The classic definition involves having a power amplifier and a preamplifier integrated into the same chassis. Hence the name. It...
Will keep this review short but these are my impressions after a week of listening to a range of FLAC and a few HD files of every main genre of music: Sources used: FiiO X5 Sony...
Take the well received Akg K545, and add 50 dollars for a mic, amp, nfc, battery and Bluetooth capability. Is it worth it? TLDR, if you don’t have an amp and/or want bluetooth, put this in your top...
This is my first review here. Previously owned Beyerdynamic DT 770 , Audio-Technica m20, Sennheiser Momentum on-ear. Stil have a pair of AKG k450. I exchanged Sennheiser Momentum on-ear for those...
Let’s get started :- BRAINWAVZ S0: Hitting the sweet spot This time round, BRAINWAVZ have a new earphone and it seems to be a subordinate of the S5. It seems like the folks over...
The BEST-LOOKING Headphones - Page 35
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #512 of 11222/15/13 at 4:44am
If they were flush like the SR225 on the left of this photo, I think they would look a lot better. As it is, they look ridiculous when someone is wearing them. And I don't think much of Grado's craftsmanship at all. None of their wooden headphones are all that well finished, and I have to imagine that's why they are moving to metal for their higher-end again, as it's a lot easier to machine a nice part than it is to work with wood.
And going back to this post, referring to the Z1000:Quote:Here is a photo of my MDR-7520:Originally Posted by StudioSound
I think they are one of the best looking headphone designs in recent years, and I would argue that the 7520 looks even better, which is unusual for Sony. I find that Sony usually gets the design of a product right the first time around, and tends to make things look worse with newer revisions until the next complete redesign comes along, but I prefer the more uniform all black look the monitors have. I think that there will be interest in the Z1000/7520 a few years from now, when people look back on the design of them retrospectively.
(I should have extended the headband a bit)
Working my way back through the "Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state" topic, I have come to appreciate the AKG K550 design more. I think it's one of the best looking headphones they've put out for a long time - but I do think they are too large, and look ridiculous on most people. Oval shaped earcups make a lot more sense than circular ones for circumaural headphones. I think they ruined the look with the K551, and from owning a pair a while back, they really need to work on their ergonomics. They don't make a good seal on a lot of people - which I suspect is actually due to the large round cups, rather than a lack of clamping force - and the headband padding was inadequate. But AKG have always had trouble designing comfortable headbands.post #513 of 11222/15/13 at 5:27ampost #514 of 11222/15/13 at 5:36am
I agree. Looks too much like AKGs, but I think they succeeded. I like the choice of materials, lack of small plastic pieces and the headband. No bumps that need a good time of wear to soften up. Just my humble opinion though.post #515 of 11222/15/13 at 5:43ampost #516 of 11222/18/13 at 3:33pm
Well, looking is a matter of taste. It depends on person. If you like industrial headphones, I would suggest a German-MAESTRO GMP 8.35D Monitor. For me, it is fantastic in its own way.post #517 of 11222/27/13 at 8:36pmpost #518 of 11222/28/13 at 7:09ampost #519 of 11223/7/13 at 6:45ampost #520 of 11223/15/13 at 7:32pmpost #521 of 11223/16/13 at 2:45pmpost #522 of 11223/17/13 at 12:37pmpost #523 of 11223/17/13 at 12:42pmpost #524 of 11223/17/13 at 12:44pmpost #525 of 11223/17/13 at 6:19pmQuote:
+1 I've always loved the look of the design. Also Beyer T1 looks wonderful to me.
- The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 44 seconds ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent T1 battery requirements 6 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 8 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 12 minutes ago
- › RHA MA-750i Review 14 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM that's comfortable enough for someone with nerve pain by... 15 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › VSONIC GR07 by nikhilthecupid
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › Takstar TS-671 by paal0
- › Geben iDA-1 Portable Amp/DAC for iDevices by JoeDoe
- › Fischer Audio Consonance V2 by fonzler
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)