Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-7506 Last post on 5/21/15 at 1:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth? Last post on 8/7/11 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 4/21/15 at 1:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour, this is my first time listening to high end DAP! Introduction I...
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
The BEST-LOOKING Headphones - Page 35
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #512 of 11842/15/13 at 4:44am
If they were flush like the SR225 on the left of this photo, I think they would look a lot better. As it is, they look ridiculous when someone is wearing them. And I don't think much of Grado's craftsmanship at all. None of their wooden headphones are all that well finished, and I have to imagine that's why they are moving to metal for their higher-end again, as it's a lot easier to machine a nice part than it is to work with wood.
And going back to this post, referring to the Z1000:Quote:Here is a photo of my MDR-7520:Originally Posted by StudioSound
I think they are one of the best looking headphone designs in recent years, and I would argue that the 7520 looks even better, which is unusual for Sony. I find that Sony usually gets the design of a product right the first time around, and tends to make things look worse with newer revisions until the next complete redesign comes along, but I prefer the more uniform all black look the monitors have. I think that there will be interest in the Z1000/7520 a few years from now, when people look back on the design of them retrospectively.
(I should have extended the headband a bit)
Working my way back through the "Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state" topic, I have come to appreciate the AKG K550 design more. I think it's one of the best looking headphones they've put out for a long time - but I do think they are too large, and look ridiculous on most people. Oval shaped earcups make a lot more sense than circular ones for circumaural headphones. I think they ruined the look with the K551, and from owning a pair a while back, they really need to work on their ergonomics. They don't make a good seal on a lot of people - which I suspect is actually due to the large round cups, rather than a lack of clamping force - and the headband padding was inadequate. But AKG have always had trouble designing comfortable headbands.post #513 of 11842/15/13 at 5:27ampost #514 of 11842/15/13 at 5:36am
I agree. Looks too much like AKGs, but I think they succeeded. I like the choice of materials, lack of small plastic pieces and the headband. No bumps that need a good time of wear to soften up. Just my humble opinion though.post #515 of 11842/15/13 at 5:43ampost #516 of 11842/18/13 at 3:33pm
Well, looking is a matter of taste. It depends on person. If you like industrial headphones, I would suggest a German-MAESTRO GMP 8.35D Monitor. For me, it is fantastic in its own way.post #517 of 11842/27/13 at 8:36pmpost #518 of 11842/28/13 at 7:09ampost #519 of 11843/7/13 at 6:45ampost #520 of 11843/15/13 at 7:32pmpost #521 of 11843/16/13 at 2:45pmpost #522 of 11843/17/13 at 12:37pmpost #523 of 11843/17/13 at 12:42pmpost #524 of 11843/17/13 at 12:44pmpost #525 of 11843/17/13 at 6:19pmQuote:
+1 I've always loved the look of the design. Also Beyer T1 looks wonderful to me.
- The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Hifiman he-6 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Audio-Technica ATH-IM02 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Review: iHiFi960 portable DAP and transport 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 7 minutes ago
- › Headphones advice, Grado sr225e vs sr325e or alternatives 8 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2