Surprised there are no votes for the Thunderpants yet...way better looking than Darth Beyers. L3000, R10, and O2 also look nice.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-7506 Last post on 9/17/16 at 10:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth? Last post on 3/7/16 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 4/21/15 at 1:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Soundaware M1 Pro / “Esther” – initial impressions I had the opportunity to listen to the Soundaware M1 Pro as part of the recent UK and North American tours that the company have...
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
The BEST-LOOKING Headphones - Page 2post #16 of 13181/13/11 at 1:13am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 13181/13/11 at 11:56ampost #18 of 13181/14/11 at 10:42am
The title of most beautiful belongs to the Audio Technica ATH-W2002. The coolest is the Qualia, while the most luxurious belongs to the L3000. The R10 is also has great aesthetics but the grossy wood finished on the W2002 is just very beautiful to look at.post #19 of 13181/14/11 at 10:58ampost #20 of 13181/14/11 at 12:25pmpost #21 of 13181/14/11 at 12:31pmQuote:
I have never had the opportunity to hear these cans myself. But are you supposed to wear them like this, or with the driver flat on your ear?post #22 of 13181/14/11 at 1:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by zlobbyQuote:
I have never had the opportunity to hear these cans myself. But are you supposed to wear them like this, or with the driver flat on your ear?
yup. the angle of the panels is variable which allows you to adjust the size of the soundstage as well as the impact of the bass response. these are essentially mini speakers that you were on your head, rather than regular headphones, and are widely regarding as having the biggest soundstage in headphonedom, even more so than the senn hd800.post #23 of 13181/14/11 at 1:16pm
The fugliest of all are the Stax Sigma and I say that even though I love these phones, think they are at the very top of the list and I often prefer my Sigma/404 to the Stax 007A.. The picture is another headfier BTW.post #24 of 13181/14/11 at 1:22pmpost #25 of 13181/14/11 at 1:26pm
I'd concur with your first responder. Despite looking like a sack of potatoes (or maybe because) I care a good deal about how things I wear look. So it's not just important to me that headphones I venture outside with look good on their own, it's important that headphones look good on the head. A lot of headphones look good on their own. However I've found that few manage to look truly good on-head.
And I'd say the top contenders out of everything I've had are the aforementioned Sony Qualia 010 (I believe I was, and still am, the only person to create the Q010SL. If you do happen to pick one up for portable use, I can give you a suitable cable), and some way behind, the Ultrasone Edition 8. Nothing else gets close IMO. While the MDR-SA series are supposed to be fairly close cousins of the Qualia, unfortunately the design changes (for the practical better actually, given the Q's severe limitations) dork things up on-head.
The W2002 is one of the best looking by itself IMO. The effect of sunlight on echizen lacquer is pretty spectacular. But on the head... not so hot.Quote:Originally Posted by ttrov
What are the best-looking headphones out there?
I want to buy some to show off to my friends - I already have a pair of 7506's that I am very satisfied with, but they're not the most visually appealing. So I just want to buy a purely cosmetic pair that looks AMAZING. I don't care if they sound like crap. I'm willing to spend a lot of money, by the way.
I know, I'm materialistic, etc., but I really want some. I am already satisfied sound-wise, but I also want a pair that just looks like pure awesome.
Thanks.post #26 of 13181/14/11 at 1:43pmpost #27 of 13181/14/11 at 2:42pmpost #28 of 13181/14/11 at 2:43pmpost #29 of 13181/14/11 at 10:57pm
- The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 6 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 11 seconds ago
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 18 seconds ago
- › The decline of the forum signature 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...