Surprised there are no votes for the Thunderpants yet...way better looking than Darth Beyers. L3000, R10, and O2 also look nice.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-7506 Last post on 11/16/11 at 5:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth? Last post on 8/7/11 at 2:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 2/28/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
The BEST-LOOKING Headphones - Page 2post #16 of 10011/13/11 at 1:13am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 10011/13/11 at 11:56ampost #18 of 10011/14/11 at 10:42am
The title of most beautiful belongs to the Audio Technica ATH-W2002. The coolest is the Qualia, while the most luxurious belongs to the L3000. The R10 is also has great aesthetics but the grossy wood finished on the W2002 is just very beautiful to look at.post #19 of 10011/14/11 at 10:58ampost #20 of 10011/14/11 at 12:25pmpost #21 of 10011/14/11 at 12:31pmQuote:
I have never had the opportunity to hear these cans myself. But are you supposed to wear them like this, or with the driver flat on your ear?post #22 of 10011/14/11 at 1:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by zlobbyQuote:
I have never had the opportunity to hear these cans myself. But are you supposed to wear them like this, or with the driver flat on your ear?
yup. the angle of the panels is variable which allows you to adjust the size of the soundstage as well as the impact of the bass response. these are essentially mini speakers that you were on your head, rather than regular headphones, and are widely regarding as having the biggest soundstage in headphonedom, even more so than the senn hd800.post #23 of 10011/14/11 at 1:16pm
The fugliest of all are the Stax Sigma and I say that even though I love these phones, think they are at the very top of the list and I often prefer my Sigma/404 to the Stax 007A.. The picture is another headfier BTW.post #24 of 10011/14/11 at 1:22pmpost #25 of 10011/14/11 at 1:26pm
I'd concur with your first responder. Despite looking like a sack of potatoes (or maybe because) I care a good deal about how things I wear look. So it's not just important to me that headphones I venture outside with look good on their own, it's important that headphones look good on the head. A lot of headphones look good on their own. However I've found that few manage to look truly good on-head.
And I'd say the top contenders out of everything I've had are the aforementioned Sony Qualia 010 (I believe I was, and still am, the only person to create the Q010SL. If you do happen to pick one up for portable use, I can give you a suitable cable), and some way behind, the Ultrasone Edition 8. Nothing else gets close IMO. While the MDR-SA series are supposed to be fairly close cousins of the Qualia, unfortunately the design changes (for the practical better actually, given the Q's severe limitations) dork things up on-head.
The W2002 is one of the best looking by itself IMO. The effect of sunlight on echizen lacquer is pretty spectacular. But on the head... not so hot.Quote:Originally Posted by ttrov
What are the best-looking headphones out there?
I want to buy some to show off to my friends - I already have a pair of 7506's that I am very satisfied with, but they're not the most visually appealing. So I just want to buy a purely cosmetic pair that looks AMAZING. I don't care if they sound like crap. I'm willing to spend a lot of money, by the way.
I know, I'm materialistic, etc., but I really want some. I am already satisfied sound-wise, but I also want a pair that just looks like pure awesome.
Thanks.post #26 of 10011/14/11 at 1:43pmpost #27 of 10011/14/11 at 2:42pmpost #28 of 10011/14/11 at 2:43pmpost #29 of 10011/14/11 at 10:57pm
- The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Any old fart head-fi'ers still around? 37 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 57 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! ... 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 4 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Corda Classic vs Burson Soloist 7 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 9 minutes ago
- › Looking for a well rounded IEM around $120 with similar like sound... 9 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)