Surprised there are no votes for the Thunderpants yet...way better looking than Darth Beyers. L3000, R10, and O2 also look nice.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-7506 Last post on 7/2/16 at 3:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth? Last post on 3/7/16 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would I enjoy the Audeze-LCD-2/3? Last post on 4/21/15 at 1:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
The BEST-LOOKING Headphones - Page 2post #16 of 13161/13/11 at 1:13am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 13161/13/11 at 11:56ampost #18 of 13161/14/11 at 10:42am
The title of most beautiful belongs to the Audio Technica ATH-W2002. The coolest is the Qualia, while the most luxurious belongs to the L3000. The R10 is also has great aesthetics but the grossy wood finished on the W2002 is just very beautiful to look at.post #19 of 13161/14/11 at 10:58ampost #20 of 13161/14/11 at 12:25pmpost #21 of 13161/14/11 at 12:31pmQuote:
I have never had the opportunity to hear these cans myself. But are you supposed to wear them like this, or with the driver flat on your ear?post #22 of 13161/14/11 at 1:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by zlobbyQuote:
I have never had the opportunity to hear these cans myself. But are you supposed to wear them like this, or with the driver flat on your ear?
yup. the angle of the panels is variable which allows you to adjust the size of the soundstage as well as the impact of the bass response. these are essentially mini speakers that you were on your head, rather than regular headphones, and are widely regarding as having the biggest soundstage in headphonedom, even more so than the senn hd800.post #23 of 13161/14/11 at 1:16pm
The fugliest of all are the Stax Sigma and I say that even though I love these phones, think they are at the very top of the list and I often prefer my Sigma/404 to the Stax 007A.. The picture is another headfier BTW.post #24 of 13161/14/11 at 1:22pmpost #25 of 13161/14/11 at 1:26pm
I'd concur with your first responder. Despite looking like a sack of potatoes (or maybe because) I care a good deal about how things I wear look. So it's not just important to me that headphones I venture outside with look good on their own, it's important that headphones look good on the head. A lot of headphones look good on their own. However I've found that few manage to look truly good on-head.
And I'd say the top contenders out of everything I've had are the aforementioned Sony Qualia 010 (I believe I was, and still am, the only person to create the Q010SL. If you do happen to pick one up for portable use, I can give you a suitable cable), and some way behind, the Ultrasone Edition 8. Nothing else gets close IMO. While the MDR-SA series are supposed to be fairly close cousins of the Qualia, unfortunately the design changes (for the practical better actually, given the Q's severe limitations) dork things up on-head.
The W2002 is one of the best looking by itself IMO. The effect of sunlight on echizen lacquer is pretty spectacular. But on the head... not so hot.Quote:Originally Posted by ttrov
What are the best-looking headphones out there?
I want to buy some to show off to my friends - I already have a pair of 7506's that I am very satisfied with, but they're not the most visually appealing. So I just want to buy a purely cosmetic pair that looks AMAZING. I don't care if they sound like crap. I'm willing to spend a lot of money, by the way.
I know, I'm materialistic, etc., but I really want some. I am already satisfied sound-wise, but I also want a pair that just looks like pure awesome.
Thanks.post #26 of 13161/14/11 at 1:43pmpost #27 of 13161/14/11 at 2:42pmpost #28 of 13161/14/11 at 2:43pmpost #29 of 13161/14/11 at 10:57pm
- The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 11 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 15 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 22 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 31 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 46 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 2 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...