Hey guys! I currently own a pair of westone 3 and DT770 Pro 250 Ohms and I need suggestions on portable amps since I travel back and forth from USA to Singapore. I need a headphone amp to drive my current cans and also i plan to buy a HD650 and JH16 in the future. I will be using my iPod Touch 3rd Gen. I currently have a ordnance .22 headphone amp and I feel that I need an upgrade. Was thinking about some iBasso DAC/Amp combos like the D10 but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance for all your advices and suggestions! :D
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on 12/23/14 at 11:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Review] iBasso D-Zero, with FiiO E7 Comparison Last post on 12/8/13 at 7:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D5 Hj - Yet Another USB DAC/Amp Last post on 9/13/12 at 6:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D6 "Fer-de-Lance" USB DAC/Amp Last post on 11/27/14 at 2:01am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso opamp rolling Last post on 11/30/12 at 11:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
- Headphone Impedance
need some Portable Amp suggestion :D
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
If you decide that you want a DAC/Amp, your choices simplify as there are not that many out there. The D10 is a nice amp that can be customized and has some swiss army knife type features. I'm not sure if it will properly drive the Beyers, but it works great with IEM's.
If you want a smaller amp for travel, another ibasso or perhaps a RSA Tomahawk, Mustang or Shadow could be considered.
What about the TTVJ Millet Portable Tube Amp? Also the Portaphile V2^Maxxed Out and Xin Reference? Would either of them have enough juice to power the beyers...yet alone the HD650?
- need some Portable Amp suggestion :D
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Best Soundstage in an IEM?... 17 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-T500 - what do you say? 29 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › [Poor Man Reviews] Master And Dynamic's MH40 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)