Hey guys! I currently own a pair of westone 3 and DT770 Pro 250 Ohms and I need suggestions on portable amps since I travel back and forth from USA to Singapore. I need a headphone amp to drive my current cans and also i plan to buy a HD650 and JH16 in the future. I will be using my iPod Touch 3rd Gen. I currently have a ordnance .22 headphone amp and I feel that I need an upgrade. Was thinking about some iBasso DAC/Amp combos like the D10 but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance for all your advices and suggestions! :D
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on 9/13/14 at 12:03am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Review] iBasso D-Zero, with FiiO E7 Comparison Last post on 12/8/13 at 7:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D5 Hj - Yet Another USB DAC/Amp Last post on 9/13/12 at 6:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D6 "Fer-de-Lance" USB DAC/Amp Last post on 4/10/14 at 8:19am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso opamp rolling Last post on 11/30/12 at 11:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
- Headphone Impedance
need some Portable Amp suggestion :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you decide that you want a DAC/Amp, your choices simplify as there are not that many out there. The D10 is a nice amp that can be customized and has some swiss army knife type features. I'm not sure if it will properly drive the Beyers, but it works great with IEM's.
If you want a smaller amp for travel, another ibasso or perhaps a RSA Tomahawk, Mustang or Shadow could be considered.
What about the TTVJ Millet Portable Tube Amp? Also the Portaphile V2^Maxxed Out and Xin Reference? Would either of them have enough juice to power the beyers...yet alone the HD650?
- need some Portable Amp suggestion :D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Toronto Winter Meet 59 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 4 minutes ago
- › tube amp for headphones and speakers for under 200$ 5 minutes ago
- › Most comfortable headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › hi, i have a samsung Note 3 and i need help finding a mod/app to... 7 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)