Hey guys! I currently own a pair of westone 3 and DT770 Pro 250 Ohms and I need suggestions on portable amps since I travel back and forth from USA to Singapore. I need a headphone amp to drive my current cans and also i plan to buy a HD650 and JH16 in the future. I will be using my iPod Touch 3rd Gen. I currently have a ordnance .22 headphone amp and I feel that I need an upgrade. Was thinking about some iBasso DAC/Amp combos like the D10 but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance for all your advices and suggestions! :D
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on 8/28/15 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Review] iBasso D-Zero, with FiiO E7 Comparison Last post on 12/8/13 at 7:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D5 Hj - Yet Another USB DAC/Amp Last post on 9/13/12 at 6:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D6 "Fer-de-Lance" USB DAC/Amp Last post on 6/8/15 at 7:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso opamp rolling Last post on 11/30/12 at 11:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
- Headphone Impedance
need some Portable Amp suggestion :D
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
If you decide that you want a DAC/Amp, your choices simplify as there are not that many out there. The D10 is a nice amp that can be customized and has some swiss army knife type features. I'm not sure if it will properly drive the Beyers, but it works great with IEM's.
If you want a smaller amp for travel, another ibasso or perhaps a RSA Tomahawk, Mustang or Shadow could be considered.
What about the TTVJ Millet Portable Tube Amp? Also the Portaphile V2^Maxxed Out and Xin Reference? Would either of them have enough juice to power the beyers...yet alone the HD650?
- need some Portable Amp suggestion :D
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 1 minute ago
- › New ipods or used? 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 9 minutes ago
- › Phonak Audeo PFE replacement part 10 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 10 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2