Hey guys! I currently own a pair of westone 3 and DT770 Pro 250 Ohms and I need suggestions on portable amps since I travel back and forth from USA to Singapore. I need a headphone amp to drive my current cans and also i plan to buy a HD650 and JH16 in the future. I will be using my iPod Touch 3rd Gen. I currently have a ordnance .22 headphone amp and I feel that I need an upgrade. Was thinking about some iBasso DAC/Amp combos like the D10 but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance for all your advices and suggestions! :D
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought Last post on 11/22/14 at 11:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Review] iBasso D-Zero, with FiiO E7 Comparison Last post on 12/8/13 at 7:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D5 Hj - Yet Another USB DAC/Amp Last post on 9/13/12 at 6:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D6 "Fer-de-Lance" USB DAC/Amp Last post on 11/20/14 at 3:50pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso opamp rolling Last post on 11/30/12 at 11:18am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz for providing me a sample of the S0 for review. This is only the second Brainwavz earphone I’ve had the pleasure to audition, the...
Introduction So here's my contribution to the growing collection of reviews on Rock Jaw's Alfa Genus. For those of you interested in purchasing a pair, hopefully this is a useful addition; for...
OK, before I get into my review of the MDR-Z7 I feel a need to give some background and history of my time on head-fi. It might help make sense of my love of this headphone and why at the same...
- Headphone Impedance
need some Portable Amp suggestion :D
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
If you decide that you want a DAC/Amp, your choices simplify as there are not that many out there. The D10 is a nice amp that can be customized and has some swiss army knife type features. I'm not sure if it will properly drive the Beyers, but it works great with IEM's.
If you want a smaller amp for travel, another ibasso or perhaps a RSA Tomahawk, Mustang or Shadow could be considered.
What about the TTVJ Millet Portable Tube Amp? Also the Portaphile V2^Maxxed Out and Xin Reference? Would either of them have enough juice to power the beyers...yet alone the HD650?
- need some Portable Amp suggestion :D
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 15 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 3 minutes ago
- › Good Koss headphones for outside use? (not too expensive) 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 Made in Austria 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by twister6
- › Meridian Explorer by dnun8086
- › Audio Technica ATH-WS55i Portable Headphones with Microphone for... by oThatsEric
- › Advices for catching the right home loan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3