- 78 Posts. Joined 7/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which noise-isolating headphone ($150-200)? Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Similar to Bose QC15? Last post on 1/14/12 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Klipsch headphone model: MODE noise canceling headphones Last post on 12/14/11 at 3:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie looking for good all around cans. Last post on 3/20/11 at 2:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for low price range Last post on 3/14/11 at 10:48am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
Supraaural vs. Circumaural for noise isolation?
Poll Results: Which has better noise isolation?
11 Total Votespost #1 of 81/9/11 at 8:23amThread StarterTitle says it all. I thought supraaural cans had better noise isolation than circumaural but I'm seeing different views now, which is better for noise isolation in general? Or are they both the same?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 81/9/11 at 8:55ampost #3 of 81/9/11 at 8:59amThread Starterpost #4 of 810/17/12 at 6:38pmIm an audio noob but I think circumaural isolates better. The reason is that circumaural surrounds the ears completely and seals it, supraaural just rests on the ears. All ears are different so there may be a small gap between the supraaural headphone and your ear from ear shape.post #5 of 810/17/12 at 7:02pm
There are exceptions, like the HD-25-1s, but generally circumaural will win over on-ears. Have you ever put on a pair of industrial earmuffs? That demonstrates the sheer potential the form factor has for isolation.post #6 of 810/17/12 at 7:08pm
Circumaural should isolate better.
Supras can come in all sizes, which may be smaller than necessary to cover your ears. If it doesn't cover your ears, you'll lose isolation. There are exceptions, but that's precisely it--they're exceptions.post #7 of 810/17/12 at 7:09pm
- Supraaural vs. Circumaural for noise isolation?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Looking for in-ears 35 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...