- 78 Posts. Joined 7/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which noise-isolating headphone ($150-200)? Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Similar to Bose QC15? Last post on 1/14/12 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Klipsch headphone model: MODE noise canceling headphones Last post on 12/14/11 at 3:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie looking for good all around cans. Last post on 3/20/11 at 2:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for low price range Last post on 3/14/11 at 10:48am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
Supraaural vs. Circumaural for noise isolation?
Poll Results: Which has better noise isolation?
11 Total Votespost #1 of 81/9/11 at 8:23amThread StarterTitle says it all. I thought supraaural cans had better noise isolation than circumaural but I'm seeing different views now, which is better for noise isolation in general? Or are they both the same?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 81/9/11 at 8:55ampost #3 of 81/9/11 at 8:59amThread Starterpost #4 of 810/17/12 at 6:38pmIm an audio noob but I think circumaural isolates better. The reason is that circumaural surrounds the ears completely and seals it, supraaural just rests on the ears. All ears are different so there may be a small gap between the supraaural headphone and your ear from ear shape.post #5 of 810/17/12 at 7:02pm
There are exceptions, like the HD-25-1s, but generally circumaural will win over on-ears. Have you ever put on a pair of industrial earmuffs? That demonstrates the sheer potential the form factor has for isolation.post #6 of 810/17/12 at 7:08pm
Circumaural should isolate better.
Supras can come in all sizes, which may be smaller than necessary to cover your ears. If it doesn't cover your ears, you'll lose isolation. There are exceptions, but that's precisely it--they're exceptions.post #7 of 810/17/12 at 7:09pm
- Supraaural vs. Circumaural for noise isolation?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 54 seconds ago
- › Sealed HiFiMan Re-400 (Includes US Priority Mail and Paypal Fees) 2 minutes ago
- › New Here. Need Help 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 4 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for Music around $100 ? 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)