- 78 Posts. Joined 7/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which noise-isolating headphone ($150-200)? Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Similar to Bose QC15? Last post on 1/14/12 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Klipsch headphone model: MODE noise canceling headphones Last post on 12/14/11 at 3:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie looking for good all around cans. Last post on 3/20/11 at 2:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for low price range Last post on 3/14/11 at 10:48am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
Supraaural vs. Circumaural for noise isolation?
Poll Results: Which has better noise isolation?
11 Total Votespost #1 of 81/9/11 at 8:23amThread StarterTitle says it all. I thought supraaural cans had better noise isolation than circumaural but I'm seeing different views now, which is better for noise isolation in general? Or are they both the same?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 81/9/11 at 8:55ampost #3 of 81/9/11 at 8:59amThread Starterpost #4 of 810/17/12 at 6:38pmIm an audio noob but I think circumaural isolates better. The reason is that circumaural surrounds the ears completely and seals it, supraaural just rests on the ears. All ears are different so there may be a small gap between the supraaural headphone and your ear from ear shape.post #5 of 810/17/12 at 7:02pm
There are exceptions, like the HD-25-1s, but generally circumaural will win over on-ears. Have you ever put on a pair of industrial earmuffs? That demonstrates the sheer potential the form factor has for isolation.post #6 of 810/17/12 at 7:08pm
Circumaural should isolate better.
Supras can come in all sizes, which may be smaller than necessary to cover your ears. If it doesn't cover your ears, you'll lose isolation. There are exceptions, but that's precisely it--they're exceptions.post #7 of 810/17/12 at 7:09pm
- Supraaural vs. Circumaural for noise isolation?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 46 seconds ago
- › The ultimate DAP! 512GB storage, 10,000mAh battery, features of... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New... 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Krell KSA 5 Clone (China) 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3