- 78 Posts. Joined 7/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which noise-isolating headphone ($150-200)? Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Similar to Bose QC15? Last post on 1/14/12 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Klipsch headphone model: MODE noise canceling headphones Last post on 12/14/11 at 3:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie looking for good all around cans. Last post on 3/20/11 at 2:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for low price range Last post on 3/14/11 at 10:48am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
Supraaural vs. Circumaural for noise isolation?
Poll Results: Which has better noise isolation?
11 Total Votespost #1 of 81/9/11 at 8:23amThread StarterTitle says it all. I thought supraaural cans had better noise isolation than circumaural but I'm seeing different views now, which is better for noise isolation in general? Or are they both the same?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 81/9/11 at 8:55ampost #3 of 81/9/11 at 8:59amThread Starterpost #4 of 810/17/12 at 6:38pmIm an audio noob but I think circumaural isolates better. The reason is that circumaural surrounds the ears completely and seals it, supraaural just rests on the ears. All ears are different so there may be a small gap between the supraaural headphone and your ear from ear shape.post #5 of 810/17/12 at 7:02pm
There are exceptions, like the HD-25-1s, but generally circumaural will win over on-ears. Have you ever put on a pair of industrial earmuffs? That demonstrates the sheer potential the form factor has for isolation.post #6 of 810/17/12 at 7:08pm
Circumaural should isolate better.
Supras can come in all sizes, which may be smaller than necessary to cover your ears. If it doesn't cover your ears, you'll lose isolation. There are exceptions, but that's precisely it--they're exceptions.post #7 of 810/17/12 at 7:09pm
- Supraaural vs. Circumaural for noise isolation?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Vali Clipping/Popping Noise 2 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 42 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Portable closed headphone with great bass and no amp required 4 minutes ago
- › Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture... 5 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 5 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Broken Brainwavz Beta. Be very careful..... 9 minutes ago
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)