- 78 Posts. Joined 7/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Which noise-isolating headphone ($150-200)? Last post on 6/3/12 at 10:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Similar to Bose QC15? Last post on 1/14/12 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Klipsch headphone model: MODE noise canceling headphones Last post on 12/14/11 at 3:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie looking for good all around cans. Last post on 3/20/11 at 2:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for low price range Last post on 3/14/11 at 10:48am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Supraaural vs. Circumaural for noise isolation?
Poll Results: Which has better noise isolation?
11 Total Votespost #1 of 81/9/11 at 8:23amThread StarterTitle says it all. I thought supraaural cans had better noise isolation than circumaural but I'm seeing different views now, which is better for noise isolation in general? Or are they both the same?post #2 of 81/9/11 at 8:55ampost #3 of 81/9/11 at 8:59amThread Starterpost #4 of 810/17/12 at 6:38pmIm an audio noob but I think circumaural isolates better. The reason is that circumaural surrounds the ears completely and seals it, supraaural just rests on the ears. All ears are different so there may be a small gap between the supraaural headphone and your ear from ear shape.post #5 of 810/17/12 at 7:02pm
There are exceptions, like the HD-25-1s, but generally circumaural will win over on-ears. Have you ever put on a pair of industrial earmuffs? That demonstrates the sheer potential the form factor has for isolation.post #6 of 810/17/12 at 7:08pm
Circumaural should isolate better.
Supras can come in all sizes, which may be smaller than necessary to cover your ears. If it doesn't cover your ears, you'll lose isolation. There are exceptions, but that's precisely it--they're exceptions.post #7 of 810/17/12 at 7:09pm
- Supraaural vs. Circumaural for noise isolation?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 29 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic AT1350 - An Improved DT1350? 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › iPad mini + camera connection kit + Dac = : ) 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob