this is one of my best and favorite iem!
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/11/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5vi Noise Isolating Earphones w/ Microphonetagged by System, 1/26/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Best In-Ear Monitors/ Earphones/Earbuds under $100. Last post on 1/6/14 at 5:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 vs UE700 vs Shure SE425 Last post on 10/12/11 at 12:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Seeking Suggestions for In-Ear Headphones Last post on 9/22/11 at 2:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good sub $150 IE headphones? Last post on 9/16/11 at 11:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM buying advice please Last post on 9/7/11 at 7:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Sometimes I have a strong desire to start a review with a conclusion, and then explain everything in more details. This time I think I'll follow this urge. So, OPUS#2 from theBit became for me one...
Meze is a Romanian company which became widely known on a portable audio market after releasing its wooden 99 Classics model. These headphones became a hit due to a semi-portable form factor,...
Ultimate Ears 700 Appreciation Thread! - Page 3post #31 of 632/3/11 at 11:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 632/4/11 at 12:41am
I m currently using the 700s on an ipod touch unamped. I also own Sennheiser cx 200, so a small comparison. The Sound of the 700 is much much more clear, I like especially the heights and mids. The Bass though is relatively weak compared to the cx 200. The 700s need a lot more volume to be set on the ipod, so i hope an amp with bass boost solves the problem.post #33 of 632/4/11 at 9:34am
Bass boosting works quite well as they keep their bass texture and clearity. I suggest that you get an amp with bass boost (not the E5, as it's bass boost sucks) or a DAP with a good EQ (not an iPod/Phone)post #34 of 632/10/11 at 11:01amQuote:Originally Posted by mart1
I m currently using the 700s on an ipod touch unamped. I also own Sennheiser cx 200, so a small comparison. The Sound of the 700 is much much more clear, I like especially the heights and mids. The Bass though is relatively weak compared to the cx 200. The 700s need a lot more volume to be set on the ipod, so i hope an amp with bass boost solves the problem.
So I got mine in the mail yesterday and I was very impressed by their size! Wow, these are just perfect for daily use. It is also the size and weight that make them, indeed, very comfortable. Although I, with my thin ear canals, still have to get used to having them in for longer periods of time.
Let me clarify that I'm a total n00bs to good IEMs, but I was dying for some good quality since I was sick of having crappy low priced Creative/Sony IEMs with broken cables and crappy SQ. To me it feels like I seriously got the best deal relative to the price. I'm pretty confident that I couldn't have gotten anything better for the £70 (€80/$110) that I paid.
For all you Europeans out there dying to get a pair for cheap, make your move quick as Logitech is selling them out cheap. Here is the link to the website. They have one in the list for £69,99 and one for £79,99, the latter says 'blemished box'. I just think that it says blemished box because Logitech wants to get rid of the old boxes in order to get new Logitech branded boxes, but that's my own theory though.
Now, regarding the sound quality I can't judge. What I can tell is that, just like others mentioned, the bass is not really strong enough for me. First I figured that they might need to run in, but then I read that more people noticed. I thought it was maybe my iPhone not managing to deliver but I have the same problem in my receiver, although it's a little better. Call me a n00b, but why is it not a good idea to use an equalizer?post #35 of 632/10/11 at 6:27pm
I also bought these on a blemished box deal at €80. They arrived in an unopened package with the tiniest crumpled cardboard flap on one corner. I tried them with my Cowon J3 and was very pleased with the comfortable fit (they are minuscule) and, at first at least, the sound. The treble was fantastic and I quickly went through a few classical albums marvelling at the strings and soundstage being reproduced by two objects as large as old-school cylindrical painkillers. Then I tried them out on some old skool hip hop and immediately got a sinking feeling. No bass, no thump. No excitement. And no amount of EQing fixed it. The only way to get some sparks flying was at ear-bleeding volumes.
I was about to return the 700s when my constant-companion, the J3, developed a fault and was too busy returning that to give a thought to the earphones. That day, I dug out my old Cowon X5 and charged it up after a lengthy period of retirement. Within a few minutes listening to the old soldier through the 700s I had an even sinkier feeling. It was the J3 that needed to go back, not the IEMs. The difference was huge. I was getting strong, tight bass at only volume 13. At this point I started to take a proper interest in the Ultimate Ears, whipped off the silicon tips, slid on the Complys that came supplied and turned them upside down. I have never worn earphones over the ear before as I've never needed to, always managing to get a good seal in the missionary position.
The 700s can be pushed very far into the ear without effort and they create almost absolute silence. I live in the middle of a very big city and it was very eerie to hear the sound of buses, cars and of course the f**ing mopeds just vanish. Worn this way, these earphones, yes the bass too, are extraordinary and as the old cliche goes, it has been a pleasure to rediscover my music collection, blah blah.
Maybe the UE 700 marriage with the X5 is just an extraordinary coincidence and the magic won't be found anywhere else. My J3 is due back on Monday and I will try and sauce things up a bit with the Comply/Over the ear tricks I have learned while it's been away. But I can see us having to have a serious talk about our future.
Many thanks, incidentally to all those who have talked down the UE 700 so energetically and with such conviction that Logitech has disowned it and given a few of us on this thread such a wonderful bargain.post #36 of 632/10/11 at 7:24pmpost #37 of 632/11/11 at 7:36am
I purchased some broken UE700's from a forum member and am currently awaiting their arrival. I'll post some comparisons between the 700's and my TF10's when I get them and fix 'em up!post #38 of 632/13/11 at 1:18pmQuote:
I'd be interested to hear a comparison.... Everyone on head-fi seems to like to TF-10s but the 700s don't get a lot of love.post #39 of 632/24/11 at 1:07pm
after reading so many reviews i'll be opting for this too :)
can anyone tell me where to buy this at a more reasonable price while still making sure of getting authentic ones?
i've heard that so many fakes are around and this really sucks... i need an authentic. :)post #40 of 632/24/11 at 4:38pm
A friend bought them from America for around $95AUD including shipping. They were also on sale at logitechshop.com.au for a while. So I think you can buy them from $100, a lot cheaper than retail now. I haven't bought any logitech IEMs for over half the RRP.post #41 of 632/24/11 at 6:29pm
hmm thanks a lot for the info. that website doesn't seem to be an authorized dealer :/ + no UE700 could be found on their site :/ the best price so far is from ultimateears official website. 149$ .. amazon got it for around 170$ i think,...post #42 of 632/25/11 at 12:52pm
Well, I have both the UE 700 and the Triplefi 10 with lune cable.
I haven't listened to te UE 700s for a while, as I gave them to my sister, but I think I remember their sound sig. quite well. Anyways, for a brief comparison, I think it shall suffice. Alright, well I'll start off by saying they both have their strengths. I find that the 700s had more upfront mids and brighter highs. The mids made vocals really intimate and pleasant to listen to. The highs were a bit sibilant when I first got them, but after some burn-in and pairing them up with complies, I thought that they were still bright but not too bright. The bass on the 700s is very detailed and textured, but lacks weight and punch when compared to the TF10s, it still extends very well, but isn't quite as exciting and in your face. The soundstage on the 700s seems a bit wider, might be due to the reduced bass, but the transperancy isn't quite as good. I'd say that their soundstage can sound quite artificial at times, when compared to the TF10's more refined soundstage and imaging, as sounds can sound quite disjoint. The mids on the TF10s aren't recessed, but quite distant in comparison to those of the 700s, there're also a quite a lot smoother, due to the rolled off upper mids. I don't remember which has more detailed mids, but I'd claim that the 700s are colder sounding.
I prefer the TF10s as I find them sounding a bit more composed and their sound sig. suits me better, but I find both are meritable iems, that deserve equal respect and recognition.
P.S. Sorry for the unstructured comparison. The order pretty much reflects the chaos that reigns my mind.post #43 of 632/26/11 at 11:47am
really need a push to order these... either UE700 or Super fi 5... or don't make the go at all and get the superfi.4 or another MEE m6 or something in that range :/
never believed choosing an IEM was so hard... my MEE m9 gave away.. the cables went weird and you'd have to hit them for sound.. i don't want to have cables problem..
Does the UE700 has that stethoscope effect?post #44 of 632/26/11 at 1:12pmQuote:
Where have you heard of UE 700 fakes? I've never heard about that.post #45 of 632/27/11 at 1:51am
from forums. from guys who bought from other sellers at prices around $100 and have said to have got nothing of what people appreciating UE700 have ..
maybe i'm wrong.. but i do not trust iem being sold from asia..Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears 700 Appreciation Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 25 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 29 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 6 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DP-X11 upcoming | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone capable DAP maybe 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear