I just got a brand new set of AKG K702s, and if they don't sound better by the 300 hour break in, ill probably sell them. I'm looking for a nice set of closed back headphones that sound great with new rap, old rap, old rock, new rock, then into blues and pop. I've done a lot of research, but must people post wanting new headphones, but don't have a amp. Ill be using my schiit valhalla amp. I LOVE my audio technicia ath a700s.
Related Forum Threads
- Just got my AKG K702s and Valhalla. Headphones sound like crap..... grr... Last post on 1/14/11 at 5:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW! Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Last post on 3/8/15 at 2:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best circumaural headphones at the $200 price point? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Things that make you SMILE Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
Best closed back headphones to pair with Schiit Valhalla ($300 price range)post #1 of 61/8/11 at 10:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 61/8/11 at 11:19am
what is it you don't like about the 70x and what do you like about the a700's.
try to give a little bit of sound preference info if possible:)post #3 of 61/8/11 at 1:14pmThread Starter
the a700's have soooooo much more bass.. and I'm not sure if its because my 702s arnt burnt in yet, but everything is subpar compared to the a700s. plus i like being sealed off from everything around me.post #4 of 61/8/11 at 1:34pm
702 are not known for their bass and aren't closed design.
2 closed design headphones that are known for their bass quantity and quality, which come to my mind:
- Denon D2000
- Beyerdynamic DT770
I have the latter one in 80 ohms version, very nice cans with good strong bass, yet acceptable overall performance. Isolate very well.post #5 of 61/8/11 at 2:54pmThread Starterpost #6 of 61/8/11 at 3:06pm
For your requirements I might suggest the Denon D2000. Some say they have bloated bass and recessed mids, but I didn't think so when I had them connected to a desktop amp (Asgard). With my amp the mids were fine and the bass was actually very well controlled. Still a bit bass heavy, but not too bad. I hate them when unamped though. They're also one of the most comfortable headphones there is.
I had the DT-770 32 ohm, but I think the only version that's said to be bass heavy is the 80 ohm version. My DT-770 was nowhere near bass heavy. I'm not 100% sure on this.
With the D2000 I've found it best to just try them out with my own ears. When I first tried them I hated them but I only had portable amps and returned the. Six months later I gave them another chance and loved them.
- Best closed back headphones to pair with Schiit Valhalla ($300 price range)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 5 seconds ago
- › my gr07 BE are dead ..or not? i'm sick of life 1 minute ago
- › IEM for wife, Look matter, 80$. 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (Reviewed: #8:CT6E, #7:H8P,... 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 10 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)