Have you guys not tried apple ibuds or something?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/11/11
- productShure SE210 Sound Isolating Earphones (White)tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSkullcandy FMJ Earbuds / Headset (iPhone Compatible) - Blacktagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help! Some Input Please :) Last post on 1/29/11 at 11:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Iphone & Shure SE530 - can it be improved? Last post on 10/15/10 at 12:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does earphone hurt/chafe your ear? Last post on 5/17/10 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Triple Fi. 10 Dropped Off the Face of the Earth? Last post on 3/4/09 at 1:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's that make vocals sound like they're coming from the heart for under $250?... Last post on 10/30/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
Worst IEM you've ever heard. - Page 6post #76 of 1391/15/11 at 10:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 1391/15/11 at 10:50pm
Did. Good buds for sleeping. If anything, Apple sure nailed the ergonomic factor with them buds. Totally streamlined.post #78 of 1391/15/11 at 11:02pmpost #79 of 1391/16/11 at 12:07am
LoL I agreed they sound coloured though not heavily, but when you saw very little bass i know you haven grasp the key to getting the JAMz an optimum fit. Back then when i using JAMz, this problem bothered me for like a week or so, until my audiophile friend remedied by studying's the way to get them fit in just nice, You have to kinda snug them in tight THEN gentle pull and tug them out a very lil to get them open up their sound, reducing sonic colours and increasing bass significantly like maybe at least 70% contrast.
I still sold them and upgraded to an MD eventually though.post #80 of 1391/16/11 at 12:22am
And hmm for me, Low End the worse were probably those IEMs packaged as a pack of Panadol Paracetamol, or Kit-Kat IEMs or Hello Kitty Generic IEMs you could grab with luck and a dollar at the toy-catcher section of the arcade.
Basically they cant even withstand slightly higher volume, The Lows Mids Highs, the pops the sibilance the crackles, It just totally breaks itself apart.
Middle Class ones would be Skullcandy FMJ, sound so bad even a Fake Beats In-Ear whom my friend got duped into buying online, sounds better than it.
High-Ends one if i really had to choose then +1 to SE530, In the older market its anaemic bass but rich mids can hold it own against the nearly only reputable rival TF10, But now with more and more popping up, MDs ; HJE900s ; SM3 etc, Its no wonder people from Shure saw a vital need to come up with SE535.post #81 of 1391/16/11 at 12:28ampost #82 of 1391/16/11 at 12:30am
Nah, Its a regular generic cheap IEM, but packaged into a package that closely resembles a pack of paracetamol tablets, The "Panadol" is even printed on the back of the IEMs, An obvious tell-off of "For Collection only, Please Refrain from using it to prevent Ear Pollution of distorted noise"post #83 of 1391/16/11 at 1:55amQuote:Originally Posted by kendric
Nah, Its a regular generic cheap IEM, but packaged into a package that closely resembles a pack of paracetamol tablets, The "Panadol" is even printed on the back of the IEMs, An obvious tell-off of "For Collection only, Please Refrain from using it to prevent Ear Pollution of distorted noise"
Oh, that's pretty funny
Got any pics?post #84 of 1391/16/11 at 3:14amQuote:
Err....Silver is the best conductor of any metal. Just because gold is more pretty and expensive don't make it any better chemically. In fact, iems only need a tiny amount of power and current so why does this matter in the first place?
post #85 of 1391/16/11 at 4:10ampost #86 of 1391/16/11 at 4:28am
Ever heard of oxidising?
After a period of time your silver connector will do that.
Best connection of metal is gold.
Anywho, I just know that I've never had a problem with connections, since they were all gold plated, until i got the ie8's in my hands.
post #87 of 1391/16/11 at 4:40am
I honestly don't think that the cable itself will last that long for the silver to oxidize - unless you are constantly getting the jack wet but then again that will cause the cable itself to deteriorate faster anyways. Also being plated the silver would probably wear out anyways from general wear and tear long before oxidation occurs.post #88 of 1391/16/11 at 5:01am
Well mark's pair did last and kept disconnecting
The one's i bought from amazon were sensitive to change of the L shaped plug.
I only base it on experience :)Quote:Originally Posted by ProjectDenz
I honestly don't think that the cable itself will last that long for the silver to oxidize - unless you are constantly getting the jack wet but then again that will cause the cable itself to deteriorate faster anyways. Also being plated the silver would probably wear out anyways from general wear and tear long before oxidation occurs.post #89 of 1391/16/11 at 5:06ampost #90 of 1391/16/11 at 5:11am
I did take a lot of interest in the ie8's...but they just didn't suit me...which is strange as i'm a bass head. Then again, i didn't even make loss on them :D!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Worst IEM you've ever heard.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 42 seconds ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 3 minutes ago
- › Chromecast audio - can anyone comment on sound quality? 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman 400i Vs Sennhesier HD650 3 minutes ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear