Shure E5, worst dual drive "high end" iem. Midcentric, recessed highs and bass. Sucked!
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/11/11
- productShure SE210 Sound Isolating Earphones (White)tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSkullcandy FMJ Earbuds / Headset (iPhone Compatible) - Blacktagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help! Some Input Please :) Last post on 1/29/11 at 11:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Iphone & Shure SE530 - can it be improved? Last post on 10/15/10 at 12:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does earphone hurt/chafe your ear? Last post on 5/17/10 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Triple Fi. 10 Dropped Off the Face of the Earth? Last post on 3/4/09 at 1:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's that make vocals sound like they're coming from the heart for under $250?... Last post on 10/30/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Worst IEM you've ever heard. - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I mean I've heard some bad IEMs but they were like 20 dollars max.
Among ones I felt were really overrated / bad to my ears were the SCL4 (e4c). Couldn't get over how little bass and how closed in they sounded!
Did listen to the TF.10 once, although the comfort was fine, the sound was panned and had a severe imbalance. Some say it's due to the Shanghai humidity getting into the green/red filters. Maybe, because an overnight in an A/C'd room and next morning it did sound better. Still returned it though.
Among the top tier universals I have heard I would say that the SE530 is the worst. Rolled off and harsh treble even though it has its own freaking driver for high frequencies and rolled off bass.
Mids are good, but then again the SE530's mids are overrated and don't really add much to the music to my ears compared to the TF10's mids. Yes the SE530's good mids makes the music sound much sweeter but the crappy treble just ruins that sweetness
airline earbuds...even worse then airline on ears....the molding/fit/finish was HORRIBLE..i mean half of the perforations were closed, how do you expect any sound to even come out of the phones like that...sure, it's prebuilt damping whoopee...
Edited by buffalowings - 1/8/11 at 9:09pm
Worst overall: AudioSource IEBAS/IEWAS. Worse than any stock bud I've ever heard and actually worse than the $2.85 dealextreme IEMs.
Worst mid-range IEM: Skullcandy FMJ, Audio-Technica CK6, j-JAYS (in that order)
Worst 'high-end' IEM: Shure E4
Most disappointing: UE700
- Worst IEM you've ever heard.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking for cheap gym IEMs (<30$) 49 seconds ago
- › Philips FIdelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 2 minutes ago
- › [Like New] PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › I could really use some guidance from you guys 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Best 100-150$ headphones for pop music 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)