Shure E5, worst dual drive "high end" iem. Midcentric, recessed highs and bass. Sucked!
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/11/11
- productShure SE210 Sound Isolating Earphones (White)tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSkullcandy FMJ Earbuds / Headset (iPhone Compatible) - Blacktagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help! Some Input Please :) Last post on 1/29/11 at 11:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Iphone & Shure SE530 - can it be improved? Last post on 10/15/10 at 12:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does earphone hurt/chafe your ear? Last post on 5/17/10 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Triple Fi. 10 Dropped Off the Face of the Earth? Last post on 3/4/09 at 1:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's that make vocals sound like they're coming from the heart for under $250?... Last post on 10/30/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Ah, the WA7 "Fireflies" from Woo Audio. As stunning to behold as it is to hear! This is my first piece of amp/DAC kit that retails for over $1k and well, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I think...
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Worst IEM you've ever heard. - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I mean I've heard some bad IEMs but they were like 20 dollars max.
Among ones I felt were really overrated / bad to my ears were the SCL4 (e4c). Couldn't get over how little bass and how closed in they sounded!
Did listen to the TF.10 once, although the comfort was fine, the sound was panned and had a severe imbalance. Some say it's due to the Shanghai humidity getting into the green/red filters. Maybe, because an overnight in an A/C'd room and next morning it did sound better. Still returned it though.
Among the top tier universals I have heard I would say that the SE530 is the worst. Rolled off and harsh treble even though it has its own freaking driver for high frequencies and rolled off bass.
Mids are good, but then again the SE530's mids are overrated and don't really add much to the music to my ears compared to the TF10's mids. Yes the SE530's good mids makes the music sound much sweeter but the crappy treble just ruins that sweetness
airline earbuds...even worse then airline on ears....the molding/fit/finish was HORRIBLE..i mean half of the perforations were closed, how do you expect any sound to even come out of the phones like that...sure, it's prebuilt damping whoopee...
Edited by buffalowings - 1/8/11 at 9:09pm
Worst overall: AudioSource IEBAS/IEWAS. Worse than any stock bud I've ever heard and actually worse than the $2.85 dealextreme IEMs.
Worst mid-range IEM: Skullcandy FMJ, Audio-Technica CK6, j-JAYS (in that order)
Worst 'high-end' IEM: Shure E4
Most disappointing: UE700
- Worst IEM you've ever heard.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 8 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 8 minutes ago
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2