Shure E5, worst dual drive "high end" iem. Midcentric, recessed highs and bass. Sucked!
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/11/11
- productShure SE210 Sound Isolating Earphones (White)tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSkullcandy FMJ Earbuds / Headset (iPhone Compatible) - Blacktagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help! Some Input Please :) Last post on 1/29/11 at 11:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Iphone & Shure SE530 - can it be improved? Last post on 10/15/10 at 12:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does earphone hurt/chafe your ear? Last post on 5/17/10 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Triple Fi. 10 Dropped Off the Face of the Earth? Last post on 3/4/09 at 1:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's that make vocals sound like they're coming from the heart for under $250?... Last post on 10/30/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Worst IEM you've ever heard. - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I mean I've heard some bad IEMs but they were like 20 dollars max.
Among ones I felt were really overrated / bad to my ears were the SCL4 (e4c). Couldn't get over how little bass and how closed in they sounded!
Did listen to the TF.10 once, although the comfort was fine, the sound was panned and had a severe imbalance. Some say it's due to the Shanghai humidity getting into the green/red filters. Maybe, because an overnight in an A/C'd room and next morning it did sound better. Still returned it though.
Among the top tier universals I have heard I would say that the SE530 is the worst. Rolled off and harsh treble even though it has its own freaking driver for high frequencies and rolled off bass.
Mids are good, but then again the SE530's mids are overrated and don't really add much to the music to my ears compared to the TF10's mids. Yes the SE530's good mids makes the music sound much sweeter but the crappy treble just ruins that sweetness
airline earbuds...even worse then airline on ears....the molding/fit/finish was HORRIBLE..i mean half of the perforations were closed, how do you expect any sound to even come out of the phones like that...sure, it's prebuilt damping whoopee...
Edited by buffalowings - 1/8/11 at 9:09pm
Worst overall: AudioSource IEBAS/IEWAS. Worse than any stock bud I've ever heard and actually worse than the $2.85 dealextreme IEMs.
Worst mid-range IEM: Skullcandy FMJ, Audio-Technica CK6, j-JAYS (in that order)
Worst 'high-end' IEM: Shure E4
Most disappointing: UE700
- Worst IEM you've ever heard.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Would this setup work? 2 minutes ago
- › Apple EarPods Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Budget amp for HD 598 and DT 880 Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2