Shure E5, worst dual drive "high end" iem. Midcentric, recessed highs and bass. Sucked!
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/11/11
- productShure SE210 Sound Isolating Earphones (White)tagged by System, 1/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 1/11/11
- productSkullcandy FMJ Earbuds / Headset (iPhone Compatible) - Blacktagged by System, 1/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help! Some Input Please :) Last post on 1/29/11 at 11:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Iphone & Shure SE530 - can it be improved? Last post on 10/15/10 at 12:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does earphone hurt/chafe your ear? Last post on 5/17/10 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Triple Fi. 10 Dropped Off the Face of the Earth? Last post on 3/4/09 at 1:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's that make vocals sound like they're coming from the heart for under $250?... Last post on 10/30/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Worst IEM you've ever heard. - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1391/8/11 at 2:36pm
I mean I've heard some bad IEMs but they were like 20 dollars max.
Among ones I felt were really overrated / bad to my ears were the SCL4 (e4c). Couldn't get over how little bass and how closed in they sounded!post #18 of 1391/8/11 at 2:56pm
Did listen to the TF.10 once, although the comfort was fine, the sound was panned and had a severe imbalance. Some say it's due to the Shanghai humidity getting into the green/red filters. Maybe, because an overnight in an A/C'd room and next morning it did sound better. Still returned it though.post #19 of 1391/8/11 at 3:56pmpost #20 of 1391/8/11 at 3:56pmpost #21 of 1391/8/11 at 3:58pmpost #22 of 1391/8/11 at 5:12pm
Among the top tier universals I have heard I would say that the SE530 is the worst. Rolled off and harsh treble even though it has its own freaking driver for high frequencies and rolled off bass.
Mids are good, but then again the SE530's mids are overrated and don't really add much to the music to my ears compared to the TF10's mids. Yes the SE530's good mids makes the music sound much sweeter but the crappy treble just ruins that sweetnesspost #23 of 1391/8/11 at 5:51pmpost #24 of 1391/8/11 at 7:42pmpost #25 of 1391/8/11 at 8:00pmpost #26 of 1391/8/11 at 8:03pmpost #27 of 1391/8/11 at 8:25pmpost #28 of 1391/8/11 at 9:08pm
airline earbuds...even worse then airline on ears....the molding/fit/finish was HORRIBLE..i mean half of the perforations were closed, how do you expect any sound to even come out of the phones like that...sure, it's prebuilt damping whoopee...
Edited by buffalowings - 1/8/11 at 9:09pmpost #29 of 1391/8/11 at 11:20pmThread Starterpost #30 of 1391/9/11 at 12:24am
Worst overall: AudioSource IEBAS/IEWAS. Worse than any stock bud I've ever heard and actually worse than the $2.85 dealextreme IEMs.
Worst mid-range IEM: Skullcandy FMJ, Audio-Technica CK6, j-JAYS (in that order)
Worst 'high-end' IEM: Shure E4
Most disappointing: UE700Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Worst IEM you've ever heard.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Earbuds Round-Up 37 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Wyred4Sound Recovery for 140 shipped, or the Recovery and a Geek... 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear