Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Worst IEM you've ever heard.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Worst IEM you've ever heard. - Page 9

post #121 of 135

I disagree on the Monster Beats Tour. With a change of the tips (I use Meelec double flange) they are pretty good. They are not nearly as bassy as the Turbines. I like the Turbines better for their full midrange sound but the Tour is no slouch, just a bit over-priced if you don't get them refurbished.

post #122 of 135

easy dude it could be (and very likely) that i listened to a fake or sth (in Vietnam they're PLENTIFUL) and i really hope so cause the sound of the Beats series doesn't stand up to Monster's standard. still, i agree with you on the point that they're really overpriced.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsdaddy View Post

I disagree on the Monster Beats Tour. With a change of the tips (I use Meelec double flange) they are pretty good. They are not nearly as bassy as the Turbines. I like the Turbines better for their full midrange sound but the Tour is no slouch, just a bit over-priced if you don't get them refurbished.


 

 

 

post #123 of 135

Skull candy FMJ.  Meelectronics M6 or M9 don't remember, but it had horrible freq response, no more Meelec for me.  Worse than ibuds(I like ibuds actually).  Dealextreme fake ibuds, you can def hear a difference in sound quality from authentic Apple ibuds.  

post #124 of 135

i hate to say ,  now the worst is FA eterna,  its so slow , so cloudy,  sound like a mile away, there is no speration no detail what so ever.  everything sounds so cooked, jay-z sounds like a cow on the eternas

 

i just dont hear it the way others hear it without heavily EQing, the signature is the opposite from what i like

post #125 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by akacoke View Post

i hate to say ,  now the worst is FA eterna,  its so slow , so cloudy,  sound like a mile away, there is no speration no detail what so ever.  everything sounds so cooked, jay-z sounds like a cow on the eternas

 

i just dont hear it the way others hear it without heavily EQing, the signature is the opposite from what i like


Awesome...glad I bought them from you.  :)  LOL...hopefully I like headphones you don't!

 

post #126 of 135

These ones that came with a blackberry. 

 

It turned this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ism2I3HCGU

 

Into this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlGh_okr5nI


No kidding.

post #127 of 135

Yesterday I bought some second hand UE Triple Fi 10s, I've not a lot to compare it to, but to me they sound pretty bad for the RRP. I'm baffled to how they got so many good reviews when to me they sound bass heavy and muddy. I suppose it's possible that they're faulty, or maybe it's just me? Anyone else had a rough time with these cans?

 

Going back to my Sony 7509s, everything sounds well rounded and crystal clear. Even stock apple buds seem to have more clarity, although it's certainly a thinner sound.

 

Edit: Just tried the large olives tip with the UE (using foam complys previously) and they sound a litte better, but not a massive improvement.


Edited by 1974 - 3/9/11 at 3:52pm
post #128 of 135

apple's iem

post #129 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okwon View Post

apple's iem



x2.  I am very happy that my $80 went to Klipsch (for the S4) instead of Apple.  I don't know why they tried putting such an expensive technology in cheaper IEMs.  They should have gone with a well designed dynamic driver, like Klipsch did with the S4.  What is the point of a dual BA that can't deliver highs or instrument separation?

 

Also, the beats tour sound pretty damn terrible.

post #130 of 135

Worst sounding IEM for me would be the Audio Technica  ATH-CK52.

Sound totally flat even with the mustang amp.

post #131 of 135

For $500, the SE 535s are the worst sounding headphones by far. They are sibilant compared to their SE530 predecessor in addition to having a lack of sub-bass, and rolled off trebles. Mids are smooth though as mentioned by many here on head-fi.

post #132 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1974 View Post

Yesterday I bought some second hand UE Triple Fi 10s, I've not a lot to compare it to, but to me they sound pretty bad for the RRP. I'm baffled to how they got so many good reviews when to me they sound bass heavy and muddy. I suppose it's possible that they're faulty, or maybe it's just me? Anyone else had a rough time with these cans?

 

Going back to my Sony 7509s, everything sounds well rounded and crystal clear. Even stock apple buds seem to have more clarity, although it's certainly a thinner sound.

 

Edit: Just tried the large olives tip with the UE (using foam complys previously) and they sound a litte better, but not a massive improvement.

It's your source. TF10 is very source/amp dependent due to the triple driver configuration. Either try different amps or source(computer, MP3 player, etc.)
 

 

post #133 of 135

quote from akacoke

 

 

Hate to say, but maybe it's your taste in music. duggehsmile.png


Edited by audiogamma - 3/10/11 at 10:34am
post #134 of 135

well, i kinda have mix feeling about what you said, it could be the music, maybe it work good with music that doesnt need a lot of detail and speration.

 

one thing for sure the eterna's timbre is very off, i just dont hear and feel the lush image, the music is like a million pieces of gel, its sticky and unclear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogamma View Post

quote from akacoke

 

 

Hate to say, but maybe it's your taste in music. duggehsmile.png



 

post #135 of 135

At the risk of necromancing this thread. I think I'll have to in order to give a special mention to HEMA-branded IEMs (HEMA is a national discount retailer). These are by far the worst I've ever heard. I didn't buy them myself; a friend got them and I listened to them shortly. No mids (not exaggerating, they're not there!), muddy bass and lacking treble. Listening to vocals was just ridiculous. So much low range emphasis makes voices sound weird. I guess you can't expect much from an €8,- IEM, but this is just ridiculous.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Worst IEM you've ever heard.