Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Diary of a Madman (My wild one day CES ride)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diary of a Madman (My wild one day CES ride) - Page 7

post #91 of 106

^Heehee. Heya Anaxilus! :)

post #92 of 106

Great to see you back Anaxilus, looking forward to your continued updates and letting us know more about CES!  And what you are getting next...

post #93 of 106
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

Great to see you back Anaxilus, looking forward to your continued updates and letting us know more about CES!  And what you are getting next...


Thx AJ and Dogears!  Most of the CES beans have been spilled since my hiatus so I'll have to continue that next year.  Till then I'll keep you guys updated once my customs arrive.  wink_face.gif

post #94 of 106

You are getting the ES5, right, or both?  Personally, I am more interested in the UERM but my trek there could be a long one!

 

Looking forward to your thoughts when they arrive.  When are you supposed to receive them?

post #95 of 106
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

You are getting the ES5, right, or both?  Personally, I am more interested in the UERM but my trek there could be a long one!

 

Looking forward to your thoughts when they arrive.  When are you supposed to receive them?


The Westone only.  Though I do have plans to revisit the UERM/IERM.  As for ETA not sure since I'm still finalizing the artwork.  Don't want to rush anyone though.  ksc75smile.gif

post #96 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

 But yes, Shane was right.  For once.  tongue.gif



You're a cruel, heartless, insensitive thug. Oh, and welcome back, spunky.  tongue.gif  wink_face.gif

post #97 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post


The Westone only.  Though I do have plans to revisit the UERM/IERM.  As for ETA not sure since I'm still finalizing the artwork.  Don't want to rush anyone though.  ksc75smile.gif



After some in-home use and comparisons, that should produce a mass of interesting reading... popcorn.gif

 

My wallet is in a corner shaking.

 

post #98 of 106

I'm not sure if interest for me on the ES5 is that much right now as I'm really interested in the UE Reference Monitors esp if they can get their supply with the silicone. Maybe eventually but I also have some issues with UE but that's another story

 

Just curious but did you ever find your DBA-02?

post #99 of 106

Ah, the ES5 does sound nice.  Heck, any top of the line custom will be nice, just different flavors, right?  

post #100 of 106
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

I'm not sure if interest for me on the ES5 is that much right now as I'm really interested in the UE Reference Monitors esp if they can get their supply with the silicone. Maybe eventually but I also have some issues with UE but that's another story

 

Just curious but did you ever find your DBA-02?


I hear you.  The reply on the 'optional' shell I last heard a few weeks ago was not encouraging.  

 

As for the DBA, I know where they are, I just need to get them back.  wink_face.gif  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

Ah, the ES5 does sound nice.  Heck, any top of the line custom will be nice, just different flavors, right?  



Definitely different flavors although the best flavor I've tasted yet.  More to come to see if that opinion holds.    

post #101 of 106

And flavor makes all the difference in the world, until you taste a better flavor that is wink_face.gif

post #102 of 106

Ah so desu neh! So you're getting the ES5! I'm not surprised :D

post #103 of 106

I'm not surprised either :)

 

I really want to try a full silicone shell but maybe the acrylic plus soft tips of Westone may be the best compromise since UE hasn't been encouraging with their silicone for quite some time and I have no interest in sensaphonics.

post #104 of 106

@ rawrster, why do you have no interest in sensaphonics?  I guess there are several options out there for silicone customs.  I also am thinking I should try to find another $100 TF10 so I can reshell it in silicone and compare with the acrylic reshelled TF10...

post #105 of 106

Rawster, if I wanted full silicone, I would be looking at the ACS T1 which are made in Britain. The reviews are all very nice. I seriously considred them but went with the ES5.

 

Anaxilus, you will be very happy, I believe.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Diary of a Madman (My wild one day CES ride)