Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Diary of a Madman (My wild one day CES ride)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diary of a Madman (My wild one day CES ride) - Page 4

post #46 of 106

You won't hear me arguing against the ES5 which I love, and which I find to be detailed and realsitic in its rendering. I also have never heard the IERM. Nonetheless, based on what I have read, it does seem that the IERM is purpose-built for the kind of mixing that Sinocelt is being funded to do. It has to be at least a contender.

post #47 of 106

Certainly. It was just my thinking that he's not talking about pulling sounds out of a mix. Just getting a natural presentation and selecting natural mic making sure it's placed as it will be used. Detail is obviously important but I don't think any of the units mentioned are lacking. Slightly bumping up the presense range is pretty common for monitoring and I don't think that would suit him well in this instance. It's all relative and I definitely agree that he should listen to all that he can and decide for himself if he gets the opportunity.

post #48 of 106

Amazing, this got my interest for XB1000 and fanny wangs!

post #49 of 106

The XB1000 seems interesting! Price? Release date?

post #50 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

I definitely agree that he should listen to all that he can and decide for himself if he gets the opportunity.

 

Yeah, but if I had this opportunity, I wouldn't be here in the first place. tongue.gif


Edited by Sinocelt - 1/20/11 at 4:00pm
post #51 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post

 

I was mostly interested in the IERM, but UE is being less than forthcoming about their silicone option, as I explain in this post.
 


Sinocelt, I suspect that they are having difficulties with the tips. Jerry Harvey told someone on here that he wouldn't do it because of problems with the soft tip separating from the acrylic. UE may be having similar problems - hence the move to silicon coated acrylic. 

 

Somehow Westone have this process mastered - they have been doing it for years and I have never heard of any problems (other than long-term yellowing from ear wax if you don't keep them clean). However, Westone is working with vinyl, not silicon.

post #52 of 106

In the UK, Fanny is slang for vagina, and wang is slang for penis.

 

I can therefore only conclude that Fanny Wangs must be very balanced iems.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xymordos View Post

Amazing, this got my interest for XB1000 and fanny wangs!

post #53 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyboy71 View Post

In the UK, Fanny is slang for vagina, and wang is slang for penis.

 

I can therefore only conclude that Fanny Wangs must be very balanced iems.

 


biggrin.gif

 

(Doesn't Lady Gaga already have some headphones on the market?)
 

post #54 of 106

I`ve heard fanny before and knew what that meant but not wang but i suspected that. Thanks for explaining thisbiggrin.gif Any sightings in the public yet Bennyboy71? And yes should be very balanced lolL3000.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyboy71 View Post

In the UK, Fanny is slang for vagina, and wang is slang for penis.

 

I can therefore only conclude that Fanny Wangs must be very balanced iems.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xymordos View Post

Amazing, this got my interest for XB1000 and fanny wangs!


 
post #55 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyboy71 View Post

In the UK, Fanny is slang for vagina, and wang is slang for penis.

 

I can therefore only conclude that Fanny Wangs must be very balanced iems.

So does that mean fanny packs are "vagina" packs in UK?
post #56 of 106


 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mootookang View Post


So does that mean fanny packs are "vagina" packs in UK?


Even better than that. We call em 'bum bags'

post #57 of 106

I came across these reviews by our good friend Steve and thought I'd post 'em for you to enjoy.

 

Cheers.

 

ES5 
 
IERM 
post #58 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuwidol View Post


 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mootookang View Post


So does that mean fanny packs are "vagina" packs in UK?


Even better than that. We call em 'bum bags'


And you say "Can I bum a fag?" when you want a cigarette from your friend.
 

post #59 of 106


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcf View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuwidol View Post


 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mootookang View Post


So does that mean fanny packs are "vagina" packs in UK?


Even better than that. We call em 'bum bags'


And you say "Can I bum a fag?" when you want a cigarette from your friend.
 



Yeah, I'm sure that term has been used before. We also call homosexuals 'fags' though, so I'm not sure the phrase gets thrown about too much...

post #60 of 106



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 View Post

I came across these reviews by our good friend Steve and thought I'd post 'em for you to enjoy.

 

Cheers.

 

ES5 
 
IERM 


For a moment, I thought you were posting these in Anaxilus' thread because you were saying that Anaxilus was Steve Guttenberg.

 


 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Diary of a Madman (My wild one day CES ride)