- 21,822 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I got a 6v6 8802 magnavox tube amp, is it too powerful for headphones? Last post on 12/19/10 at 9:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tungsol 6SN7 GT equivalent? Last post on 9/19/10 at 3:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube Branding (or Re-Branding) Question Last post on 5/19/10 at 9:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Leben CS300XS Thread Last post on 1/30/17 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. - Page 2post #16 of 221/9/11 at 7:17pmThe 5998 has about twice the transconductance of a 6080/6AS7. I believe the 7236 has the same specs as the 5998. They are definitely different tubes from the 6AS7, in spite of often being used as subs.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 221/10/11 at 10:43amQuote:
Having used both in my WA3+, I prefer the 5998 despite - as it was stated somewhere here - the 7236 providing a slightly tighter bass. The 5998 however provides more depth. To my experience it depends on the other tubes in your WA3+. Are they more on the "tubey" side (like Amperex Bugle Boys for example) go for the 7236, if they are already "tight" (in lack of a better word to describe a subjective feeling of the sound characteristics) go for the 5998. You cannot fail if you try bothpost #18 of 221/10/11 at 12:00pmThread Starterpost #19 of 221/10/11 at 12:07pmThread Starter
Yea, I'm getting the 7236 cause I have high impedance Beyerdynamic DT990 600ohms headphones. I was considering getting a 5998 or a GEC A1834 tube in the future. Would they be worth it or are they too similar to the 7236?post #20 of 221/10/11 at 4:38pmpost #21 of 221/21/14 at 4:42ampost #22 of 222/26/14 at 2:47pm
I have a pair of hd650 driven by a crack OTL with the 5998 as the output tube and absolutely love it. I provides great detail and superb depth. It even boosts the treble up a little on the dark 650s which is very nice! I'm looking to get a 7236 tube just to compare the two tubes but can't find anyone willing to sell just one.
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Earbuds Round-Up 45 seconds ago
- › THE Ultimate Step-By-Step Hifiman Headband Replacement Guide from... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 6 minutes ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 7 minutes ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear