- 21,317 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I got a 6v6 8802 magnavox tube amp, is it too powerful for headphones? Last post on 12/19/10 at 9:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tungsol 6SN7 GT equivalent? Last post on 9/19/10 at 3:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube Branding (or Re-Branding) Question Last post on 5/19/10 at 9:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Leben CS300XS Thread Last post on 6/28/14 at 10:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
- Headphone Impedance
Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. - Page 2
Having used both in my WA3+, I prefer the 5998 despite - as it was stated somewhere here - the 7236 providing a slightly tighter bass. The 5998 however provides more depth. To my experience it depends on the other tubes in your WA3+. Are they more on the "tubey" side (like Amperex Bugle Boys for example) go for the 7236, if they are already "tight" (in lack of a better word to describe a subjective feeling of the sound characteristics) go for the 5998. You cannot fail if you try both
Yea, I'm getting the 7236 cause I have high impedance Beyerdynamic DT990 600ohms headphones. I was considering getting a 5998 or a GEC A1834 tube in the future. Would they be worth it or are they too similar to the 7236?
I have a pair of hd650 driven by a crack OTL with the 5998 as the output tube and absolutely love it. I provides great detail and superb depth. It even boosts the treble up a little on the dark 650s which is very nice! I'm looking to get a 7236 tube just to compare the two tubes but can't find anyone willing to sell just one.
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › $189 ALO Audio The Key USB DAC - 32-Bit / 384KHz with PCM5102A 7 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 48 seconds ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 5 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T51p 6 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Reference 10 9 minutes ago
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)