- 21,537 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I got a 6v6 8802 magnavox tube amp, is it too powerful for headphones? Last post on 12/19/10 at 9:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tungsol 6SN7 GT equivalent? Last post on 9/19/10 at 3:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube Branding (or Re-Branding) Question Last post on 5/19/10 at 9:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Leben CS300XS Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:59 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
- Headphone Impedance
Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Having used both in my WA3+, I prefer the 5998 despite - as it was stated somewhere here - the 7236 providing a slightly tighter bass. The 5998 however provides more depth. To my experience it depends on the other tubes in your WA3+. Are they more on the "tubey" side (like Amperex Bugle Boys for example) go for the 7236, if they are already "tight" (in lack of a better word to describe a subjective feeling of the sound characteristics) go for the 5998. You cannot fail if you try both
Yea, I'm getting the 7236 cause I have high impedance Beyerdynamic DT990 600ohms headphones. I was considering getting a 5998 or a GEC A1834 tube in the future. Would they be worth it or are they too similar to the 7236?
I have a pair of hd650 driven by a crack OTL with the 5998 as the output tube and absolutely love it. I provides great detail and superb depth. It even boosts the treble up a little on the dark 650s which is very nice! I'm looking to get a 7236 tube just to compare the two tubes but can't find anyone willing to sell just one.
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Magni2 Uber, Asgard 2 or whatever amp for my Sennheiser HD598? 47 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread 56 seconds ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the Aurisonics Auris 2 minutes ago
- › Leonard Nimoy aka Spock has passed 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 4 minutes ago
- › Destiny 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17K Review 5 minutes ago
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3