- 21,522 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I got a 6v6 8802 magnavox tube amp, is it too powerful for headphones? Last post on 12/19/10 at 9:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tungsol 6SN7 GT equivalent? Last post on 9/19/10 at 3:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube Branding (or Re-Branding) Question Last post on 5/19/10 at 9:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Leben CS300XS Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:27 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
- Headphone Impedance
Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Having used both in my WA3+, I prefer the 5998 despite - as it was stated somewhere here - the 7236 providing a slightly tighter bass. The 5998 however provides more depth. To my experience it depends on the other tubes in your WA3+. Are they more on the "tubey" side (like Amperex Bugle Boys for example) go for the 7236, if they are already "tight" (in lack of a better word to describe a subjective feeling of the sound characteristics) go for the 5998. You cannot fail if you try both
Yea, I'm getting the 7236 cause I have high impedance Beyerdynamic DT990 600ohms headphones. I was considering getting a 5998 or a GEC A1834 tube in the future. Would they be worth it or are they too similar to the 7236?
I have a pair of hd650 driven by a crack OTL with the 5998 as the output tube and absolutely love it. I provides great detail and superb depth. It even boosts the treble up a little on the dark 650s which is very nice! I'm looking to get a 7236 tube just to compare the two tubes but can't find anyone willing to sell just one.
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 second ago
- › Improving sound to my laptop 21 seconds ago
- › Interest check: LS8+ CIEM, AUD-8X + high end cables 35 seconds ago
- › High resolution music vs mp3. 37 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 54 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › WTS: PS Audio Perfectwave AC 10 Power Cord 1.5m 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Opening the AKG K701's help? 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3