- 21,657 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I got a 6v6 8802 magnavox tube amp, is it too powerful for headphones? Last post on 12/19/10 at 9:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tungsol 6SN7 GT equivalent? Last post on 9/19/10 at 3:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube Branding (or Re-Branding) Question Last post on 5/19/10 at 9:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Leben CS300XS Thread Last post on 8/27/15 at 10:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Not as stylish as an A&K but very well built, apart from the flimsy wheel. Good materials and nice finishes and overall intiutive U.I. give a quite nice experience. First of, some APE and DSD...
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
- Headphone Impedance
Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Having used both in my WA3+, I prefer the 5998 despite - as it was stated somewhere here - the 7236 providing a slightly tighter bass. The 5998 however provides more depth. To my experience it depends on the other tubes in your WA3+. Are they more on the "tubey" side (like Amperex Bugle Boys for example) go for the 7236, if they are already "tight" (in lack of a better word to describe a subjective feeling of the sound characteristics) go for the 5998. You cannot fail if you try both
Yea, I'm getting the 7236 cause I have high impedance Beyerdynamic DT990 600ohms headphones. I was considering getting a 5998 or a GEC A1834 tube in the future. Would they be worth it or are they too similar to the 7236?
I have a pair of hd650 driven by a crack OTL with the 5998 as the output tube and absolutely love it. I provides great detail and superb depth. It even boosts the treble up a little on the dark 650s which is very nice! I'm looking to get a 7236 tube just to compare the two tubes but can't find anyone willing to sell just one.
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 9 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 23 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 42 seconds ago
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio DuoZA ZH-DWX10 - In condition LIKE NEW! 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by flognarde
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2