Where did you find them for $70? I just got mine from Zzounds and they do price adjustments for 30 days after
Related Forum Threads
- Best over the ear headphones under $200 Last post on 12/16/12 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Over-Ear Headphone and Amp Combo for a budget. Last post on 8/10/12 at 4:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing over ear headphones under $200 Last post on 7/17/12 at 2:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones... Last post on 10/23/12 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
Just ordered Audio Technica ATH-M50's - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 421/8/11 at 3:23pmpost #18 of 421/8/11 at 5:05pmThread Starter
Thanks for the info on burn in guys!post #19 of 421/8/11 at 5:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by gtrplyr201
Thanks for the info on burn in guys!
Thanks! I just emailed them. A $30 refund would be very nicepost #20 of 421/8/11 at 5:43pm
Just let em' burn in naturally while they are on your head. It is interesting to see the progression from out of the box, to 2 hours, to 40 hours, etc..... The fun part is after you've had them for a few months and start thinking, hmmmm, these are great but what happened to the 'wow these are incredible' feeling? Than you put on your ipod earbuds and think christ, I listened to these at one point?post #21 of 421/8/11 at 6:37pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by DTLIONS1013Quote:Originally Posted by gtrplyr201
Thanks for the info on burn in guys!
Thanks! I just emailed them. A $30 refund would be very nice
No problem! I think I remember reading somewhere on that site saying that if you already bought them and found a better price somewhere then you would have to call them but hopefully just emailing them will work!post #22 of 421/8/11 at 6:52pm
Im noticing a light static sound when I plug these into my computer when there's nothing playing. I don't hear it when I plug into my ipod, so is this just a problem with my computer speakers and not my headphones?post #23 of 421/8/11 at 7:03pmThread StarterQuote:
If it doesn't happen when you plug it into your iPod then I would assume it would be the speakers, but please don't mistake me as an expert. If you are plugging them straight into the speakers then maybe try plugging them straight into the computer itself if your computer has the necessary plug?post #24 of 421/8/11 at 7:04pm
It has nothing to do with the speakers. If your PC is a laptop, maybe your headphone out is bad, that tends to happen on them. Try to fix it, I had the same and it doesn't go away with time. The computer is more capable of driving the M50s than an iPod so the problem can't be there.post #25 of 421/8/11 at 8:51pmpost #26 of 421/8/11 at 8:58pm
If it's an onboard soundcard, it's not uncommon for the headphone jack to have light static and mechanical-electric sounds, as they aren't shielded from what goes on in the computer, and it's actually tied to the CPU, rather than being separate, like a sound card is. If you have a discrete sound card, that may be an issue with the sound card. The m50's are relatively sensitive, so they have a higher tendency to pick up stray signals floating around the computer and amplified by the sound card.post #27 of 421/8/11 at 9:51pm
you seriously don't need to do all that. when people ask about burn-in i always tell'em to just enjoy the music and let your ears do the fine tuningQuote:Originally Posted by LizardKing1
Most people agree on, say, 30 min pink noise, 5 min break. Too much stress on the diaphragm can do more damage than good. But since there is no widely accepted proof burn-in, there isn't much reliable info on the matter. Still, I usually burn 30 min noise - 5 min silence and can't complaint. This website might be helpful: http://www.burninwave.com/post #28 of 421/8/11 at 10:41pm
I got the white box m50's and think the bass is just fine. Im suspicious just how accurate the statement of the blue box vs the white one is differant in bass terms. so what if they changed the packaging, i find it hard to imagine they went and changed the whole sound signature for no reason and no statement of having done so. If they had changed somthing i think they would have re released it as a newer m50 version and the marketing that comes with it. us audiophiles can be very imaginative at timespost #29 of 421/9/11 at 5:25amQuote:
Well I'm all for non-noisy burn-in these days. I agree that you should just let them burn-in by using them for what they're for: listening to music.just use them whenever you can and while the sound signature changes, you will get used to it. But most people asking about burn-in just want to leave them on for the night and when they wake up the next day, an audio miracle has happened, and for that I think pink noise is best.post #30 of 421/9/11 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by LizardKing1Quote:
Well I'm all for non-noisy burn-in these days. I agree that you should just let them burn-in by using them for what they're for: listening to music.just use them whenever you can and while the sound signature changes, you will get used to it. But most people asking about burn-in just want to leave them on for the night and when they wake up the next day, an audio miracle has happened, and for that I think pink noise is best.
I've noticed the amount of people suggesting pink noise is the best. What exactly is it about pink noise that does the best job? I don't know tons about sound so I'm just curious.
- Just ordered Audio Technica ATH-M50's
- Headphone Impedance
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 5 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 8 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 27 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 45 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-560 With Focus and Focus-A Pads 1 minute ago
- › NuPrime HPA-9 ™ new headphone amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › is there a case for owning both open and closed headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › DAP - Council of Wise Men, i need your guidance 3 minutes ago
- › New Jecklin Float QA !!! 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear