don't they do the same thing? except that the E9 has line out and more power?
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 1/13/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 1/13/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 1/13/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/13/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E9(E7+E9) with D7000 Last post on 3/8/11 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D12 vs. Fiio E7+E9?? Last post on 12/10/10 at 2:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need DAC/Amp for HD650 + HE-500 Last post on 12/2/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Neutral Amp/DAC?? Last post on 6/20/12 at 7:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
- Headphone Impedance
what's the benefits of having both the Fiio E7 and E9?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From what I understand, the E7 is a portable DAC/amp to be used by itself and the E9 is basically a desktop amp with line in connection but can dock the E7 so that you could utilize the DAC in the E7 while using the more powerful amp in the E9.
i would only need the E9 if i want to power headphones that are >200ohms, is that correct?
i guess what i'm trying to figure out is to get just the E7 or E7+E9, i'll be using it mostly with my Mac desktop, Windows laptop, and iPhone, and all my headphones are under 200ohms
It's not just the impedance, some headphones that have only 50 ohms as impendance are extremely power-hungry. If you tell people what headphones you have, perhaps someone with the same headphone(s) can contribute and let you know whehter they need a desktop amp to sound good.
i'd go with the fiio e7 or nubert icon udac2 (slightly better i suppose), or wait for the e17 later this year..
as dscythe mentioned, none of these phones/iem need a powerful amp. so a dac/mini-amp like e7 would fit best for a computer/iphone-setup imo...and there are the ibasso's, too...
btw, if you buy new n better n bigger headphones you still could upgrade your amp section (e.g. w/ e9 (only with e7) or else)
I also have TripleFi 10's which are 32ohms but have tested up to 64.5 ohms
Tomorrow I should receive a pair of Denon AH-D2000 headphones which are 25ohms
Been looking at the E7 and E9 combo but wish there was something just as good or better that has:
Pre-out (this is optional)
Very good DAC
OP amp rollable (though not sure if I would utilize it)
Good battery life like the E7
Enough power if I decide to get some high ohm headphones
As portable as the E7
Not too crazy of a price
- what's the benefits of having both the Fiio E7 and E9?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 42 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 44 seconds ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 2 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Is the HE-500 as dark as the HD650? 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)