don't they do the same thing? except that the E9 has line out and more power?
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 1/13/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 1/13/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 1/13/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/13/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E9(E7+E9) with D7000 Last post on 3/8/11 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D12 vs. Fiio E7+E9?? Last post on 12/10/10 at 2:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need DAC/Amp for HD650 + HE-500 Last post on 12/2/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Neutral Amp/DAC?? Last post on 6/20/12 at 7:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
what's the benefits of having both the Fiio E7 and E9?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From what I understand, the E7 is a portable DAC/amp to be used by itself and the E9 is basically a desktop amp with line in connection but can dock the E7 so that you could utilize the DAC in the E7 while using the more powerful amp in the E9.
i would only need the E9 if i want to power headphones that are >200ohms, is that correct?
i guess what i'm trying to figure out is to get just the E7 or E7+E9, i'll be using it mostly with my Mac desktop, Windows laptop, and iPhone, and all my headphones are under 200ohms
It's not just the impedance, some headphones that have only 50 ohms as impendance are extremely power-hungry. If you tell people what headphones you have, perhaps someone with the same headphone(s) can contribute and let you know whehter they need a desktop amp to sound good.
i'd go with the fiio e7 or nubert icon udac2 (slightly better i suppose), or wait for the e17 later this year..
as dscythe mentioned, none of these phones/iem need a powerful amp. so a dac/mini-amp like e7 would fit best for a computer/iphone-setup imo...and there are the ibasso's, too...
btw, if you buy new n better n bigger headphones you still could upgrade your amp section (e.g. w/ e9 (only with e7) or else)
I also have TripleFi 10's which are 32ohms but have tested up to 64.5 ohms
Tomorrow I should receive a pair of Denon AH-D2000 headphones which are 25ohms
Been looking at the E7 and E9 combo but wish there was something just as good or better that has:
Pre-out (this is optional)
Very good DAC
OP amp rollable (though not sure if I would utilize it)
Good battery life like the E7
Enough power if I decide to get some high ohm headphones
As portable as the E7
Not too crazy of a price
- what's the benefits of having both the Fiio E7 and E9?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 2 seconds ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 10 seconds ago
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Alpha Primes Claret 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX1X (Xtreme Xplosive) (Impressions)(Hopefully Fan Thread) 4 minutes ago
- › Top 10 Games of 2014 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › looking for loud 150$ headphones 6 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)