don't they do the same thing? except that the E9 has line out and more power?
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 1/13/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 1/13/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 1/13/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/13/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E9(E7+E9) with D7000 Last post on 3/8/11 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso D12 vs. Fiio E7+E9?? Last post on 12/10/10 at 2:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need DAC/Amp for HD650 + HE-500 Last post on 12/2/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Neutral Amp/DAC?? Last post on 6/20/12 at 7:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
It’s been a year since I started writing/filming reviews, and it all began with the ZMF Vibro Mk. I in cornflower blue. I found the sound very fun, found the bass ports interesting and thought they...
Accutone Pisces HD Review: Everything The Pisces Should Have Been This is another entry into my Accutone IEM marathon. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Accutone, they are a Chinese...
Beyerdynamic DT 480 - 25 ohm(with some mods) This is a review of the Beyerdynamic DT 480, I believe the only other headphone that shares a driver with the DT 48, the original dynamic headphone....
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
what's the benefits of having both the Fiio E7 and E9?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 141/7/11 at 7:54pm
From what I understand, the E7 is a portable DAC/amp to be used by itself and the E9 is basically a desktop amp with line in connection but can dock the E7 so that you could utilize the DAC in the E7 while using the more powerful amp in the E9.post #3 of 141/7/11 at 9:02pmThread Starterpost #4 of 141/7/11 at 9:17pmpost #5 of 141/7/11 at 10:23pmThread Starter
i would only need the E9 if i want to power headphones that are >200ohms, is that correct?
i guess what i'm trying to figure out is to get just the E7 or E7+E9, i'll be using it mostly with my Mac desktop, Windows laptop, and iPhone, and all my headphones are under 200ohmspost #6 of 141/7/11 at 11:42pm
It's not just the impedance, some headphones that have only 50 ohms as impendance are extremely power-hungry. If you tell people what headphones you have, perhaps someone with the same headphone(s) can contribute and let you know whehter they need a desktop amp to sound good.post #7 of 141/8/11 at 12:18amThe E9 is amp only. Unless you have a line out on your devices, hooking up the E9 to a headphone jack is doing your sound quality more harm than good. The E7 (or another DAC) is essential if you don't have a decent soundcard with a line out. The E7 just happens to pair well with the E9 for obvious reasons.post #8 of 141/8/11 at 12:30ampost #9 of 141/8/11 at 3:58amThread Starterpost #10 of 141/8/11 at 4:16ampost #11 of 141/27/11 at 6:54pmpost #12 of 141/27/11 at 11:37pm
i'd go with the fiio e7 or nubert icon udac2 (slightly better i suppose), or wait for the e17 later this year..
as dscythe mentioned, none of these phones/iem need a powerful amp. so a dac/mini-amp like e7 would fit best for a computer/iphone-setup imo...and there are the ibasso's, too...
btw, if you buy new n better n bigger headphones you still could upgrade your amp section (e.g. w/ e9 (only with e7) or else)
good luck!post #13 of 141/28/11 at 8:27pm
I also have TripleFi 10's which are 32ohms but have tested up to 64.5 ohms
Tomorrow I should receive a pair of Denon AH-D2000 headphones which are 25ohms
Been looking at the E7 and E9 combo but wish there was something just as good or better that has:
Pre-out (this is optional)
Very good DAC
OP amp rollable (though not sure if I would utilize it)
Good battery life like the E7
Enough power if I decide to get some high ohm headphones
As portable as the E7
Not too crazy of a price
- what's the benefits of having both the Fiio E7 and E9?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 30 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 38 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 43 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 48 seconds ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Xelento! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear