- 22 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Why aren't portable amp makers more open about output impedance? Last post on 1/3/12 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for Etymotic ER4S? Last post on 10/31/10 at 11:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7 Review Last post on 9/13/11 at 10:27pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ER4P and RSA Shadow amp Last post on 2/15/10 at 12:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- SR-71A Gain Settings Last post on 2/22/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I recently parted with my V-Moda Crossfade M-100 DJ Headphones and decided to move into something new. I had heard a lot about the Sennheiser HD 8 DJ and had a chance to own a pair for a Discount...
To be able to value my review I think it is important to mention some things about my preferences and experience with audio equipment and writing reviews. This is my first review for audio gear and...
Hifiman EF2A Review Overview:This is my first headphone amp review and I'm just going to review the amp section of this headphone amp as the DAC is nothing special, a bit better than most computer...
RockJaw ALFA GENUS IEM Review by TrollDragon Way back in April a new Sponsor on Head-Fi called RockJaw created a post looking for members to test and review a new product line consisting...
Sony MDR-MA900 Review In the past I compared the Sony MDR-MA900 to the then similarly price AKG K612 Pro. I'm doing this review because I have the MA900 in my possession for a certain amount of...
- Headphone Impedance
Amp for Etymotic ER4P
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have ER4P's, and both amps you mentioned in your post. I prefer the JDS Labs Cmoy over the pa2v2 with ER4's if you are using a resistor (P to S conversion). I bought my resistor off of EBay for about $10.00.
The JDS Labs amplifier seems to provide more detail to my ears. The bass boost is also handy when you run into material that is lacking in bass or just dead sounding.
Without the resistor, I think I would give the nod to the pa2v2.
The 75 ohm resistor really does take the ER4P's to the next level though and is well worth it for either amp.
I use the Fiio E7 DAC function with my ER4P. The amp section doesnt make too big of a difference for you to bring around with you. Bass boost function is nice but I find the original bass sufficient.
...Thats not true, where did you hear that?
Ok... Did u get the resistor? I am leaning towards the cmoybb with resistor right now.
- Amp for Etymotic ER4P
- › Denon D2000 vs Hifiman HE-400 39 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 2 minutes ago
- › MINT WESTONE W40 WARRANTY REPLACEMENT 2 minutes ago
- › HD800 being "picky" with amps myth 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Binaural Sound Demonstration 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHL5905 (citiscape uptown) VS Pioneer SE-MJ751 6 minutes ago
- › Good over-ear headphones around $50? 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kman1211
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by MarcadoStalker7
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by gopats1479
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by Hi-Fi'er
- › HA-200 High Performance, Single Ended, Class-A Headphone Amplifier... by Armaegis
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by AnakChan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)