- 23 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Why aren't portable amp makers more open about output impedance? Last post on 1/3/12 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for Etymotic ER4S? Last post on 10/31/10 at 11:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7 Review Last post on 9/13/11 at 10:27pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ER4P and RSA Shadow amp Last post on 2/15/10 at 12:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- SR-71A Gain Settings Last post on 2/22/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction The portable on-ear or over-the-ear headphone market is, I admit, not something that I’m especially familiar with. I recognize that there is a strong bias towards...
Accutone Taurus Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828106/accutone-taurus-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Remax RM305M Aluminum Earbud Here is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it...
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
Amp for Etymotic ER4Ppost #1 of 311/7/11 at 4:23amThread StarterHi guys! I am new here! I am thinking of getting an amp for my er4p. I can't decide on either getting cmoybb from jds labs or pa2v2 from Gary. I've done some research and founded out that pa2v2 is cheaper and better (?) than cmoybb. I'm still a stundent and my budget is around US$100. Do I have to convert the er4p to er4s in order for it to work? All I want is a little more bass so I'm getting the amp. Any other good amps around the $100 price? Please advice. Thanks. Oh and btw my source is my iPhone 3GS, Bose companion 5 or my IPod nano 4th gen.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 311/7/11 at 9:00ampost #3 of 311/7/11 at 5:55pmThread Starterpost #4 of 311/7/11 at 7:01pm
I have ER4P's, and both amps you mentioned in your post. I prefer the JDS Labs Cmoy over the pa2v2 with ER4's if you are using a resistor (P to S conversion). I bought my resistor off of EBay for about $10.00.
The JDS Labs amplifier seems to provide more detail to my ears. The bass boost is also handy when you run into material that is lacking in bass or just dead sounding.
Without the resistor, I think I would give the nod to the pa2v2.
The 75 ohm resistor really does take the ER4P's to the next level though and is well worth it for either amp.post #5 of 311/7/11 at 7:59pmpost #6 of 311/7/11 at 8:09pm
The Headstage Arrow HE is excellent with either ER4S or P. Its the one I use to whenever I feel like listening to my Etys. Its a lot more than your budget though.post #7 of 311/7/11 at 11:40pm
I use the Fiio E7 DAC function with my ER4P. The amp section doesnt make too big of a difference for you to bring around with you. Bass boost function is nice but I find the original bass sufficient.post #8 of 311/8/11 at 3:46amThread Starterpost #9 of 311/8/11 at 3:54amThread Starterpost #10 of 311/8/11 at 4:56am
...Thats not true, where did you hear that?post #11 of 311/8/11 at 5:18amThread Starterpost #12 of 311/8/11 at 6:23ampost #13 of 311/8/11 at 4:31pmThread StarterQuote:post #14 of 311/8/11 at 9:01pm
- Amp for Etymotic ER4P
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › An all too common fight – the HE400x vs the HD6xx 26 seconds ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 34 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 48 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › about to get JVC-HA-FX750 !! Need help 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear