- 22 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Why aren't portable amp makers more open about output impedance? Last post on 1/3/12 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for Etymotic ER4S? Last post on 10/31/10 at 11:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7 Review Last post on 9/13/11 at 10:27pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ER4P and RSA Shadow amp Last post on 2/15/10 at 12:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- SR-71A Gain Settings Last post on 2/22/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
- Headphone Impedance
Amp for Etymotic ER4P
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have ER4P's, and both amps you mentioned in your post. I prefer the JDS Labs Cmoy over the pa2v2 with ER4's if you are using a resistor (P to S conversion). I bought my resistor off of EBay for about $10.00.
The JDS Labs amplifier seems to provide more detail to my ears. The bass boost is also handy when you run into material that is lacking in bass or just dead sounding.
Without the resistor, I think I would give the nod to the pa2v2.
The 75 ohm resistor really does take the ER4P's to the next level though and is well worth it for either amp.
The Headstage Arrow HE is excellent with either ER4S or P. Its the one I use to whenever I feel like listening to my Etys. Its a lot more than your budget though.
I use the Fiio E7 DAC function with my ER4P. The amp section doesnt make too big of a difference for you to bring around with you. Bass boost function is nice but I find the original bass sufficient.
...Thats not true, where did you hear that?
Ok... Did u get the resistor? I am leaning towards the cmoybb with resistor right now.
- Amp for Etymotic ER4P
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 7 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 12 seconds ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD600 38 seconds ago
- › Best Android dap? 48 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015 1 minute ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3