- 22 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Why aren't portable amp makers more open about output impedance? Last post on 1/3/12 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for Etymotic ER4S? Last post on 10/31/10 at 11:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7 Review Last post on 9/13/11 at 10:27pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ER4P and RSA Shadow amp Last post on 2/15/10 at 12:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- SR-71A Gain Settings Last post on 2/22/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
This is a wonderful little tube amplifier for the price. I paid only $59 for the amp and it was in perfect condition with a new Electro-Harmonix 6922 tube. The tube itself runs about $15, so the...
INTRODUCTION Altone250 U.S. Tour Being an Altone200 fan, I was quite excited to hear that T-PEOS was updating their IEM lineup with a new Altone series based on feedback received from the H300...
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
- Headphone Impedance
Amp for Etymotic ER4P
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have ER4P's, and both amps you mentioned in your post. I prefer the JDS Labs Cmoy over the pa2v2 with ER4's if you are using a resistor (P to S conversion). I bought my resistor off of EBay for about $10.00.
The JDS Labs amplifier seems to provide more detail to my ears. The bass boost is also handy when you run into material that is lacking in bass or just dead sounding.
Without the resistor, I think I would give the nod to the pa2v2.
The 75 ohm resistor really does take the ER4P's to the next level though and is well worth it for either amp.
I use the Fiio E7 DAC function with my ER4P. The amp section doesnt make too big of a difference for you to bring around with you. Bass boost function is nice but I find the original bass sufficient.
...Thats not true, where did you hear that?
Ok... Did u get the resistor? I am leaning towards the cmoybb with resistor right now.
- Amp for Etymotic ER4P
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 20 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 2 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 4 minutes ago
- › AMP/DAC Really Necessary for Quality Sound with Low-Ohm... 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 4 minutes ago
- › WTB:McIntosh MHP1000 & ATH L3000 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › AUDIOTRAK Prodigy CUBE External USB Sound Card by YoYo JoKeR
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2