- 23 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Why aren't portable amp makers more open about output impedance? Last post on 1/3/12 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for Etymotic ER4S? Last post on 10/31/10 at 11:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7 Review Last post on 9/13/11 at 10:27pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ER4P and RSA Shadow amp Last post on 2/15/10 at 12:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- SR-71A Gain Settings Last post on 2/22/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
Amp for Etymotic ER4Ppost #1 of 311/7/11 at 4:23amThread StarterHi guys! I am new here! I am thinking of getting an amp for my er4p. I can't decide on either getting cmoybb from jds labs or pa2v2 from Gary. I've done some research and founded out that pa2v2 is cheaper and better (?) than cmoybb. I'm still a stundent and my budget is around US$100. Do I have to convert the er4p to er4s in order for it to work? All I want is a little more bass so I'm getting the amp. Any other good amps around the $100 price? Please advice. Thanks. Oh and btw my source is my iPhone 3GS, Bose companion 5 or my IPod nano 4th gen.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 311/7/11 at 9:00ampost #3 of 311/7/11 at 5:55pmThread Starterpost #4 of 311/7/11 at 7:01pm
I have ER4P's, and both amps you mentioned in your post. I prefer the JDS Labs Cmoy over the pa2v2 with ER4's if you are using a resistor (P to S conversion). I bought my resistor off of EBay for about $10.00.
The JDS Labs amplifier seems to provide more detail to my ears. The bass boost is also handy when you run into material that is lacking in bass or just dead sounding.
Without the resistor, I think I would give the nod to the pa2v2.
The 75 ohm resistor really does take the ER4P's to the next level though and is well worth it for either amp.post #5 of 311/7/11 at 7:59pmpost #6 of 311/7/11 at 8:09pm
The Headstage Arrow HE is excellent with either ER4S or P. Its the one I use to whenever I feel like listening to my Etys. Its a lot more than your budget though.post #7 of 311/7/11 at 11:40pm
I use the Fiio E7 DAC function with my ER4P. The amp section doesnt make too big of a difference for you to bring around with you. Bass boost function is nice but I find the original bass sufficient.post #8 of 311/8/11 at 3:46amThread Starterpost #9 of 311/8/11 at 3:54amThread Starterpost #10 of 311/8/11 at 4:56am
...Thats not true, where did you hear that?post #11 of 311/8/11 at 5:18amThread Starterpost #12 of 311/8/11 at 6:23ampost #13 of 311/8/11 at 4:31pmThread StarterQuote:post #14 of 311/8/11 at 9:01pm
- Amp for Etymotic ER4P
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 15 seconds ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 6 minutes ago
- › Starting Point Systems portable NOS DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear