- 22 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Why aren't portable amp makers more open about output impedance? Last post on 1/3/12 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for Etymotic ER4S? Last post on 10/31/10 at 11:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7 Review Last post on 9/13/11 at 10:27pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ER4P and RSA Shadow amp Last post on 2/15/10 at 12:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- SR-71A Gain Settings Last post on 2/22/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
- Headphone Impedance
Amp for Etymotic ER4P
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have ER4P's, and both amps you mentioned in your post. I prefer the JDS Labs Cmoy over the pa2v2 with ER4's if you are using a resistor (P to S conversion). I bought my resistor off of EBay for about $10.00.
The JDS Labs amplifier seems to provide more detail to my ears. The bass boost is also handy when you run into material that is lacking in bass or just dead sounding.
Without the resistor, I think I would give the nod to the pa2v2.
The 75 ohm resistor really does take the ER4P's to the next level though and is well worth it for either amp.
I use the Fiio E7 DAC function with my ER4P. The amp section doesnt make too big of a difference for you to bring around with you. Bass boost function is nice but I find the original bass sufficient.
...Thats not true, where did you hear that?
Ok... Did u get the resistor? I am leaning towards the cmoybb with resistor right now.
- Amp for Etymotic ER4P
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 3 minutes ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Aurix 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › I Like this Rolex design 5 minutes ago
- › Spacious Cups? 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 8 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 9 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2