- 22 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Why aren't portable amp makers more open about output impedance? Last post on 1/3/12 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for Etymotic ER4S? Last post on 10/31/10 at 11:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E7 Review Last post on 9/13/11 at 10:27pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ER4P and RSA Shadow amp Last post on 2/15/10 at 12:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- SR-71A Gain Settings Last post on 2/22/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
- Headphone Impedance
Amp for Etymotic ER4P
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have ER4P's, and both amps you mentioned in your post. I prefer the JDS Labs Cmoy over the pa2v2 with ER4's if you are using a resistor (P to S conversion). I bought my resistor off of EBay for about $10.00.
The JDS Labs amplifier seems to provide more detail to my ears. The bass boost is also handy when you run into material that is lacking in bass or just dead sounding.
Without the resistor, I think I would give the nod to the pa2v2.
The 75 ohm resistor really does take the ER4P's to the next level though and is well worth it for either amp.
I use the Fiio E7 DAC function with my ER4P. The amp section doesnt make too big of a difference for you to bring around with you. Bass boost function is nice but I find the original bass sufficient.
...Thats not true, where did you hear that?
Ok... Did u get the resistor? I am leaning towards the cmoybb with resistor right now.
- Amp for Etymotic ER4P
- › Motorsport Model-Fi 10 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 22 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 56 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :) 1 minute ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › knife-fi? 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2