Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › radius website says HP-TWF21 is ready
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

radius website says HP-TWF21 is ready - Page 9

post #121 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

I think saying they're the biggest bang for the buck is way out of hand. I agree that they're overpriced, there's a reason why people pay way more attention to the GR07 and EX600.

 

Couldn't agree more. With in-ears like the EX600 and GR07 readily available at under $200, they almost exclusively reserve that title IMO, at least of all the in-ears I've owned.

post #122 of 128

 And it's not just those, there's more contenders (FX500, B2, RE262, etc). The DDM1 has a much better price-to-performance ratio than the DDM2 but it's ergonomics dont' allow me to recommend them much. On sound alone it's also up there, specially the OEM version if it's available. 


Edited by Inks - 8/22/11 at 9:13pm
post #123 of 128


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2ehan View Post

$215 where? Mine cost me $250 (after shipping), through accessoryjack, and the price is $248 (after shipping) over at musicacoustics.


Dimitri from MA has told me and other members who wrote reviews on Radius like Esantoh and ijokerl , W21 are priced at 200 plus Shipping via direct purchase on Paypal.

He got in trouble with Radius after  made the sale  open to public on his site. I have made comments on the forum few times about this offer but no one seemed to notice it.

anyways, why to order from accessorys? Isnt MA a better deal, even at 248? 2$ is money toodeadhorse.gif

girls and boys, support Japan instead of China shops, after earthquake/Tsunami things have not been easy over there and on top Yens are so expensive, country needs some investment from overseas..

 

post #124 of 128

I feel the same way as Inks. Considering a multitude of good IEMs available at $150 range, DDM2 for their SQ is a tad overpriced even at $215. I bought the DDM-1 OEM @ $110, which was a very good deal. DDM-2 in comparison should have been priced lower. But, when Radius sells @ $290 within Japan, I don't see why they would bother with lowering prices.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yello131 View Post

anyways, why to order from accessorys? Isnt MA a better deal, even at 248? 2$ is money too

 

Not for the $2, but for the support we receive wink.gif. Even if MA charges a slight premium of $10/20, I'd be happy to pay for Dimitri's post sale support.

post #125 of 128

There is definitely issue with Radius pricing strategy when it comes to DDM2. It would have been in a much stronger place if it was priced around or under $200.

post #126 of 128

I loved my TWF21 from music accoustica, bought it on release a yr n a bit ago. But the build quality leaves a lot to be desired, the plastic bodies feel kinda cheap, and my ones opened up so they weren't even glued  together well... Then about a fortnight after my 1 yr warranty from music accoustica expires my TWF21 simply stopped functioning properly for no good reason. The bass drivers on both ear sets had stopped producing sound! Only the treble drivers were working, which needless to say sounded horrible. Anyway I contacted the shop and they wouldn't replace it, said I had to pay to get it repaired, lol. even if it does sound awesome, i'm not repairing these, i'm waiting for radius to build some properly put together, quality products... a 1 yr lifespan for iems that cost me $350 at the time is bs, ffs end rant. I know evryone won't be as unlucky as me though :P

post #127 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post

 i'm waiting for radius to build some properly put together, quality products

Good luck with that. Radius just slaps their logo on the cheapest of the cheap Chinese OEM stuff, they don't build/design anything themselves. I have some five pairs of different Radius IEMs, some of them were already broken new in box. None of them lasted longer than 6 months. I have yet to see a company/rebadger with worse quality control than Radius.

post #128 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post

I loved my TWF21 from music accoustica, bought it on release a yr n a bit ago. But the build quality leaves a lot to be desired, the plastic bodies feel kinda cheap, and my ones opened up so they weren't even glued  together well... Then about a fortnight after my 1 yr warranty from music accoustica expires my TWF21 simply stopped functioning properly for no good reason. The bass drivers on both ear sets had stopped producing sound! Only the treble drivers were working, which needless to say sounded horrible. Anyway I contacted the shop and they wouldn't replace it, said I had to pay to get it repaired, lol. even if it does sound awesome, i'm not repairing these, i'm waiting for radius to build some properly put together, quality products... a 1 yr lifespan for iems that cost me $350 at the time is bs, ffs end rant. I know evryone won't be as unlucky as me though :P


You should try getting this repaired through Musica Acoustics if there is where you purchased yours.

I had mine fixed with them not long ago after warranty was over for 75USD

I was also told that current stock form Radius is perfectly fine and is now made to last.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › radius website says HP-TWF21 is ready