The criteria that I'm looking for in my next set of headphones:
1) Portability. Must be able to fold or be easily stored.
2) Requires no amp to sound good. (Will be used on a laptop/mp3)
3) Closed-back for isolation.
4) Circumaural (around-ear) as opposed to on-top-of-ear.
5) Good BASS. I currently own a pair of MDR-7506 and they have very accurate bass reproduction, but I sort of want something that has much more bass presence.
I've narrowed it down to basically 2 pairs, but I'm open to any suggestions:
- Ultrasone HFI-780 (heard has very good bass, but not sure if it requires an amp to sound good)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 (well-rounded headphones that also have good bass but not as good as the HFI-780's?)
Other suggestions that I've seen:
- Shure SRH840 (better tonal quality than the ATH-M50's?)
- Audio Technica ATH-ESW9A
So can any of you compare the 2 main headphones I'm thinking about choosing? If not those 2, then which ones would you suggest?