Quick question - Should I be using the low gain output or the high gain output with Denon D7000s? I notice on the low gain output that I have to have the volume knob around 2:00 most of the time and sometimes close to 4:00. Would I damage my headphones if I tried them on the High gain output?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Most Transparent SS <$1000 Last post on 4/22/11 at 4:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA160 vs SPL Auditor Last post on 8/17/11 at 8:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160D + HD 650!! Last post on 7/1/11 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8412/7/12 at 2:56pmThread Starterpost #78 of 8411/14/13 at 9:35am
Just curious. Has anyone tried the HA-160 with the Hifiman HE-400? I love the amp with my K-701's but luster for a bit more bass while still getting the great sound-stage and clarity. Any other suggestions?post #79 of 8411/14/13 at 5:12pmThread Starterpost #80 of 8411/15/13 at 10:10am
Thank you for getting back to me on this old post. I just got the Burson at a great deal and now I am itching for a new set of cans to go with it. I am debading between the HD 600/650 and the HE-400. I can find some info that the HD 600 are a good match but nothing about the HE-400. Have you ever listed to the Hifiman with the HA-160?post #81 of 8412/2/13 at 7:48pmThread Starterpost #82 of 849/11/14 at 10:22amI use the Hd650 and the K701 with HA160. Both sounds amazing. For sure, in their different styles but great. IMO, HD650 run very well with Burson.
I tried a Grado 325is cans, and I did not like so much. I prefer the RA1 amp for Grado, always.post #83 of 8410/2/14 at 3:38ampost #84 of 842/18/15 at 3:36pmQuote:
A friend of mine bought one of my ha-160 amps last year(I had two of them) . He had a similar issue and advised me to just exercise the stepped attenuator back and forth about twenty five times. I tried it and it worked I could not hear the loud clicks from the stepped attenuator. It apparently cleaned the contacts which were causing the clicking issue. I also noticed that exercising the attenuator cleared up the sound as well the clarity improved after I exercised the volume attenuator. Exercising the volume control is an easy thing to do but power the unit down before you do it as a precaution.
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › difference between t51i and t51p 1 minute ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 2 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for first hi-fi rig 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1 7 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2