Quick question - Should I be using the low gain output or the high gain output with Denon D7000s? I notice on the low gain output that I have to have the volume knob around 2:00 most of the time and sometimes close to 4:00. Would I damage my headphones if I tried them on the High gain output?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Most Transparent SS <$1000 Last post on 4/22/11 at 4:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA160 vs SPL Auditor Last post on 8/17/11 at 8:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160D + HD 650!! Last post on 7/1/11 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8512/7/12 at 2:56pmThread Starterpost #78 of 8511/14/13 at 9:35am
Just curious. Has anyone tried the HA-160 with the Hifiman HE-400? I love the amp with my K-701's but luster for a bit more bass while still getting the great sound-stage and clarity. Any other suggestions?post #79 of 8511/14/13 at 5:12pmThread Starterpost #80 of 8511/15/13 at 10:10am
Thank you for getting back to me on this old post. I just got the Burson at a great deal and now I am itching for a new set of cans to go with it. I am debading between the HD 600/650 and the HE-400. I can find some info that the HD 600 are a good match but nothing about the HE-400. Have you ever listed to the Hifiman with the HA-160?post #81 of 8512/2/13 at 7:48pmThread Starterpost #82 of 859/11/14 at 10:22amI use the Hd650 and the K701 with HA160. Both sounds amazing. For sure, in their different styles but great. IMO, HD650 run very well with Burson.
I tried a Grado 325is cans, and I did not like so much. I prefer the RA1 amp for Grado, always.post #83 of 8510/2/14 at 3:38ampost #84 of 852/18/15 at 3:36pmQuote:
A friend of mine bought one of my ha-160 amps last year(I had two of them) . He had a similar issue and advised me to just exercise the stepped attenuator back and forth about twenty five times. I tried it and it worked I could not hear the loud clicks from the stepped attenuator. It apparently cleaned the contacts which were causing the clicking issue. I also noticed that exercising the attenuator cleared up the sound as well the clarity improved after I exercised the volume attenuator. Exercising the volume control is an easy thing to do but power the unit down before you do it as a precaution.
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Earbuds Round-Up 20 seconds ago
- › very odd speaker & headdphone damage question. 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 8 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 8 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 9 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...