Quick question - Should I be using the low gain output or the high gain output with Denon D7000s? I notice on the low gain output that I have to have the volume knob around 2:00 most of the time and sometimes close to 4:00. Would I damage my headphones if I tried them on the High gain output?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Most Transparent SS <$1000 Last post on 4/22/11 at 4:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA160 vs SPL Auditor Last post on 8/17/11 at 8:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160D + HD 650!! Last post on 7/1/11 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8512/7/12 at 2:56pmThread Starterpost #78 of 8511/14/13 at 9:35am
Just curious. Has anyone tried the HA-160 with the Hifiman HE-400? I love the amp with my K-701's but luster for a bit more bass while still getting the great sound-stage and clarity. Any other suggestions?post #79 of 8511/14/13 at 5:12pmThread Starterpost #80 of 8511/15/13 at 10:10am
Thank you for getting back to me on this old post. I just got the Burson at a great deal and now I am itching for a new set of cans to go with it. I am debading between the HD 600/650 and the HE-400. I can find some info that the HD 600 are a good match but nothing about the HE-400. Have you ever listed to the Hifiman with the HA-160?post #81 of 8512/2/13 at 7:48pmThread Starterpost #82 of 859/11/14 at 10:22amI use the Hd650 and the K701 with HA160. Both sounds amazing. For sure, in their different styles but great. IMO, HD650 run very well with Burson.
I tried a Grado 325is cans, and I did not like so much. I prefer the RA1 amp for Grado, always.post #83 of 8510/2/14 at 3:38ampost #84 of 852/18/15 at 3:36pmQuote:
A friend of mine bought one of my ha-160 amps last year(I had two of them) . He had a similar issue and advised me to just exercise the stepped attenuator back and forth about twenty five times. I tried it and it worked I could not hear the loud clicks from the stepped attenuator. It apparently cleaned the contacts which were causing the clicking issue. I also noticed that exercising the attenuator cleared up the sound as well the clarity improved after I exercised the volume attenuator. Exercising the volume control is an easy thing to do but power the unit down before you do it as a precaution.
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › JBL LSR 305 or Presonus Eris E5 11 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Instrument separation 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › How do the Edifier e25 Luna Eclipse compare to Audionengine A2s? 4 minutes ago
- › Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler 4 minutes ago
- › Roon is live 4 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 5 minutes ago
- › Android phone amp without dac 5 minutes ago
- › like new Ak380 black+amp+leather Case 6 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...