Quick question - Should I be using the low gain output or the high gain output with Denon D7000s? I notice on the low gain output that I have to have the volume knob around 2:00 most of the time and sometimes close to 4:00. Would I damage my headphones if I tried them on the High gain output?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Most Transparent SS <$1000 Last post on 4/22/11 at 4:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA160 vs SPL Auditor Last post on 8/17/11 at 8:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160D + HD 650!! Last post on 7/1/11 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Cavalli Audio will not sell the Liquid Carbon headphone amp anymore, with the second and final run ending a month ago, but I hope the following is useful to those looking to pick one up on the used...
Acknowledgment Thanks @PhilW for loaning me these headphones for a week. I know how much you missed them. Introduction After being so impressed with the ERIB-2a (link to review), @PhilW told me...
REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8512/7/12 at 2:56pmThread Starterpost #78 of 8511/14/13 at 9:35am
Just curious. Has anyone tried the HA-160 with the Hifiman HE-400? I love the amp with my K-701's but luster for a bit more bass while still getting the great sound-stage and clarity. Any other suggestions?post #79 of 8511/14/13 at 5:12pmThread Starterpost #80 of 8511/15/13 at 10:10am
Thank you for getting back to me on this old post. I just got the Burson at a great deal and now I am itching for a new set of cans to go with it. I am debading between the HD 600/650 and the HE-400. I can find some info that the HD 600 are a good match but nothing about the HE-400. Have you ever listed to the Hifiman with the HA-160?post #81 of 8512/2/13 at 7:48pmThread Starterpost #82 of 859/11/14 at 10:22amI use the Hd650 and the K701 with HA160. Both sounds amazing. For sure, in their different styles but great. IMO, HD650 run very well with Burson.
I tried a Grado 325is cans, and I did not like so much. I prefer the RA1 amp for Grado, always.post #83 of 8510/2/14 at 3:38ampost #84 of 852/18/15 at 3:36pmQuote:
A friend of mine bought one of my ha-160 amps last year(I had two of them) . He had a similar issue and advised me to just exercise the stepped attenuator back and forth about twenty five times. I tried it and it worked I could not hear the loud clicks from the stepped attenuator. It apparently cleaned the contacts which were causing the clicking issue. I also noticed that exercising the attenuator cleared up the sound as well the clarity improved after I exercised the volume attenuator. Exercising the volume control is an easy thing to do but power the unit down before you do it as a precaution.
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 13 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 39 seconds ago
- › New HTC 10--Audio Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › Trance songs with big soundstage for HD800 3 minutes ago
- › Well-reviewed Fostex TH-500RP planar magnetics now on sale for $329 3 minutes ago
- › Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver 4 minutes ago
- › T.H.E Show Newport 2016 June 3-5 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...