Quick question - Should I be using the low gain output or the high gain output with Denon D7000s? I notice on the low gain output that I have to have the volume knob around 2:00 most of the time and sometimes close to 4:00. Would I damage my headphones if I tried them on the High gain output?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Most Transparent SS <$1000 Last post on 4/22/11 at 4:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA160 vs SPL Auditor Last post on 8/17/11 at 8:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160D + HD 650!! Last post on 7/1/11 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8512/7/12 at 2:56pmThread Starterpost #78 of 8511/14/13 at 9:35am
Just curious. Has anyone tried the HA-160 with the Hifiman HE-400? I love the amp with my K-701's but luster for a bit more bass while still getting the great sound-stage and clarity. Any other suggestions?post #79 of 8511/14/13 at 5:12pmThread Starterpost #80 of 8511/15/13 at 10:10am
Thank you for getting back to me on this old post. I just got the Burson at a great deal and now I am itching for a new set of cans to go with it. I am debading between the HD 600/650 and the HE-400. I can find some info that the HD 600 are a good match but nothing about the HE-400. Have you ever listed to the Hifiman with the HA-160?post #81 of 8512/2/13 at 7:48pmThread Starterpost #82 of 859/11/14 at 10:22amI use the Hd650 and the K701 with HA160. Both sounds amazing. For sure, in their different styles but great. IMO, HD650 run very well with Burson.
I tried a Grado 325is cans, and I did not like so much. I prefer the RA1 amp for Grado, always.post #83 of 8510/2/14 at 3:38ampost #84 of 852/18/15 at 3:36pmQuote:
A friend of mine bought one of my ha-160 amps last year(I had two of them) . He had a similar issue and advised me to just exercise the stepped attenuator back and forth about twenty five times. I tried it and it worked I could not hear the loud clicks from the stepped attenuator. It apparently cleaned the contacts which were causing the clicking issue. I also noticed that exercising the attenuator cleared up the sound as well the clarity improved after I exercised the volume attenuator. Exercising the volume control is an easy thing to do but power the unit down before you do it as a precaution.
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 5 minutes ago
- › Best DAC for under 250€? 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 9 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 10 minutes ago
- › (AUS) Auralic Taurus MKII 11 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...