Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions - Page 3

post #31 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29029 View Post

I never gelled with the W5000 - but the W1000x is going down a storm!



If you can give your impression of it with the Burson that would be great.  I've always wanted to try a pair of higher end AT closed cans and was eyeing the W1000x at that price range.      

post #32 of 81

I have a Burson HA-160 and when I turn the volume knob it slides and never makes any clicking sound. Sometimes if I don't turn the knob fully to the next stop, the sound will cut out in one channel. Is this normal? Overall the amp sounds superb but I'm a little bugged by this volume knob issue. Anyone had this problem?

post #33 of 81
Thread Starter 
Had the problem since day 1 where it loses 1 channel between steps. Thats just the stepped attenuator. Was a bit disconcertig coming from amps using potentiometers but used to it now. Stepped attenuators have less impact on the sound than the potentiometer does, its a much cleaner solution and only the best amps us them.
post #34 of 81
Thread Starter 
Lack of click however is not normal. Get it looked at
post #35 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaholic View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by 29029 View Post

I never gelled with the W5000 - but the W1000x is going down a storm!



If you can give your impression of it with the Burson that would be great.  I've always wanted to try a pair of higher end AT closed cans and was eyeing the W1000x at that price range.      


I'd appreciate impressions/opinions from those who have actually heard the W5000 paired with the HA-160 or HA-160D - thanks.

post #36 of 81

Thanks for the info. I'll contact my seller, 32 Ohm.

post #37 of 81

Okay then, how about Grado? Has anyone tried the HA-160 / HA-160D with the HF2, RS1i or PS1000?

post #38 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpenkelink View Post

Okay then, how about Grado? Has anyone tried the HA-160 / HA-160D with the HF2, RS1i or PS1000?


A powerful Solid state amp such as the 160D wont have any problem driving grado's. 

 

You can check this

post #39 of 81

^ Thanks but I'm aware of that. I'm looking for listening impressions that indicate whether or not Grado's and the W5000 have any synergy with this amp.

post #40 of 81
Thread Starter 
In my opinion grados would be a tad too bright to be paired with the 160d but the w5000 would be a good match. Really depends because my music preferencea dont extend to metal or rock so if you're a rock fan then go for it. I would personally use those with tubes and the sennheisers, he6 and lcd2 with the ha160.
post #41 of 81

So after about 2 weeks of use I don't find the Burson and the D7000s to be a good mix at all. Bass is well and truly "boomy" on all but the best recordings, and the treble starts to grate slightly. It almost feels like its giving them too much power and all the frequencies are pumped up. 

post #42 of 81

 

Originally Posted by leng jai View Post

So after about 2 weeks of use I don't find the Burson and the D7000s to be a good mix at all. Bass is well and truly "boomy" on all but the best recordings, and the treble starts to grate slightly. It almost feels like its giving them too much power and all the frequencies are pumped up. 

 

don't shoot the messenger...those Denon's are laughable IMHO. I briefly tried a d2k, it was terrible...even for $20, it would have been too expensive. 

post #43 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainless824 View Post

In my opinion grados would be a tad too bright to be paired with the 160d but the w5000 would be a good match. Really depends because my music preferencea dont extend to metal or rock so if you're a rock fan then go for it. I would personally use those with tubes and the sennheisers, he6 and lcd2 with the ha160.


Thanks again but have you actually heard the W5000 and any of the Grado's that I mentioned with the HA-160? I really am looking for listening impressions and opinions from those who have. 

post #44 of 81
Thread Starter 
Have heard the ps-1000 which is the grado sound signature in a nutshell so i'm making generalisations based on the 'house sound of the aforementioned brands. The w5000 however I used for a period of time before and after ha-160.
post #45 of 81
Thread Starter 
I think i mentioned that the d7000 was bass heavy somewhere and wouldnt go that well with the burson
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions