If you want a thorough reset without deleting any music you can do this:
- Boot your Classic into the emcore menu and launch the backup image.
- When it's loaded connect to your PC. Remove the entire .rockbox-folder (and .apps and related folders) on your iPod and safely remove the USB-device.
- Restart the Classic and choose UMSboot from the emcore tools menu.
- Again connect to your PC and copy the ubi for r859 (even if it's already installed, just a reflash): http://freemyipod.org/wiki/EmCORE_Releases/r859
- After flashing connect to your PC and copy a new daily build, the font pack and any themes you like.
This is what I did after any build started spinning up the hard disk more than necessary on my Classic. Now it works like it should again :-)
Edited by r100 - 12/12/13 at 2:15am