Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. - Page 188

post #2806 of 3092
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post


hahaha.....ok...i deserve it i guess!!! Ooook. So now i have to find a windows computer. ..that might be the hardest part!!! This doesn't run on mac at all?

 

Well the Rockbox Utility is also available for Mac if I remember correctly, or is the error message coming from that installer?

post #2807 of 3092
Yes thats the weird thing. ..date download was for mac
post #2808 of 3092

edit

 

i've restored the original ipod settings, but still the same problem....i'm lost

post #2809 of 3092
Hi

I have my 7Gen rockboxed with version r31516—120101, can I upgrade without fear to last version 3.13? It has any sound quality improvements over my version?


Thanks by advanced
post #2810 of 3092
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post
 

edit

 

i've restored the original ipod settings, but still the same problem....i'm lost

Here is something you can try, as it worked for me for a Rockboxed iPod mini.  If you cannot get the Windows-based Rockbox installer to work, use iTunes on a Mac to restore your iPod to a Mac-formatted version (which will wipe it clean), and then go to a Windows PC and use iTunes there to restore it to a Windows-based iPod (which will wipe it clean again, but does something with the file system too).  That cycle got my iPod mini to be in the right format that the Rockbox installer on Windows worked for it. 

 

No guarantees, though.  There might be something else going on. 

post #2811 of 3092
It's actually the other way around: i have a mac, in downloaded the mac installer from rockbox, and when i get the thing started it tells me that it's not possible because my ipod needs to be on win pod files, and not on mac files.
But i don't know why, because i can't remember installing my ipod to a windows system. ....ever.

but what the hell, I'll connect it to a windows machine as soon as i can and will see what happens. .

anyway, thanks for your help! I'll keep you guys posted
post #2812 of 3092

How do you guys manage your music?  My dad has been tearing his hair out trying to get Mediamonkey to work.  We tried several other options but they either flat out didn't support a rockboxed iPod or were too buggy.

post #2813 of 3092
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgiddonihah View Post
 

How do you guys manage your music?  My dad has been tearing his hair out trying to get Mediamonkey to work.  We tried several other options but they either flat out didn't support a rockboxed iPod or were too buggy.

I keep it simple with iTunes and Apple Lossless, a Bit sacrifice for tags.

post #2814 of 3092
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

I keep it simple with iTunes and Apple Lossless, a Bit sacrifice for tags.

 

I should clarify.  What syncs well with the rockboxed iPod?  If you use iTunes how do you get it to work properly? Thanks!

 

(Edit) Upon rereading your reply I get the impression you don't rockbox?  Maybe I could get him to convert his massive FLAC library over.  The problem is he doesn't want to be stuck with iTunes.


Edited by gidgiddonihah - 11/14/13 at 5:26pm
post #2815 of 3092
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgiddonihah View Post
 

 

I should clarify.  What syncs well with the rockboxed iPod?  If you use iTunes how do you get it to work properly? Thanks!

 

(Edit) Upon rereading your reply I get the impression you don't rockbox?  Maybe I could get him to convert his massive FLAC library over.  The problem is he doesn't want to be stuck with iTunes.

I Rockbox with the iPod 5.5G (video) the sweetest Wolfson DAC

post #2816 of 3092
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

I Rockbox with the iPod 5.5G (video) the sweetest Wolfson DAC

 

What works to sync though? iTunes does not like his 5.5 rockboxed.

post #2817 of 3092
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgiddonihah View Post
 

 

What works to sync though? iTunes does not like his 5.5 rockboxed.

He can rip CD's to Apple lossless on iTunes then synch to Rockbox.  Once you transfer the Apple Lossless audio to the iPod you have to update the iPod to settings>general settings>database>uodate now.  Hope that helps 

post #2818 of 3092
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

He can rip CD's to Apple lossless on iTunes then synch to Rockbox.  Once you transfer the Apple Lossless audio to the iPod you have to update the iPod to settings>general settings>database>uodate now.  Hope that helps 

 

So iTunes will allow syncing ALAC to a rockboxed system? How exactly do I go about doing that?  I should clarify further: he wants to use his playlists and 24-bit High res stuff with the iPod.  In case that changes your answer.

 

Thanks for your patience and help! :D 


Edited by gidgiddonihah - 11/14/13 at 8:03pm
post #2819 of 3092
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgiddonihah View Post
 

 

So iTunes will allow syncing to a rockboxed system? I should clarify further: he wants to use his playlists with the iPod.  In case that changes your answer.

iTunes will synch with Rockbox.  I don't use playlists but I can't imagine that would be an issue

post #2820 of 3092
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

iTunes will synch with Rockbox.  I don't use playlists but I can't imagine that would be an issue

I stick the iPod in and iTunes doesn't see anything.  Do I need to boot into the original firmware, sync the ALAC tracks in iTunes, boot the iPod back into Rockbox, and then update the database?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.