Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. - Page 172

post #2566 of 3138
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

I had no problems with my Mac. Just make sure the Classic is one that has a stable port.

 

What do you do to get it on the ipod?  I've read you need emcore, but that requires linux or a pc.  I tried a virtual maching of ubuntu, but part of the process failed, and I hate dealing with linux dependencies.  ugh.  Is there another way?

post #2567 of 3138
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

 

What do you mean by that?

 

I'm also very anxious to get my 160gb classic rockboxed.  If it works I might buy a classic that doesn't have a bad drive. :-P

After rockboxing with Windows, connect to MAC. This is the only time MAC can see the rockboxed iPod and you can transfer music from MAC. Then you start to listen to the rockboxed iPod. You connect to MAC and Mac can't see it ( does not recognise it as USB device ). So you can't transfer music from MAC anymore.

post #2568 of 3138

Hello! I'm thinking on trying Rockbox due to the sound improvement that all people mention, but is there any method to put the classic click wheel games? (officials). I've looked for hours and do not find any info anywhere.

Thank you!

post #2569 of 3138
T
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh View Post

After rockboxing with Windows, connect to MAC. This is the only time MAC can see the rockboxed iPod and you can transfer music from MAC. Then you start to listen to the rockboxed iPod. You connect to MAC and Mac can't see it ( does not recognise it as USB device ). So you can't transfer music from MAC anymore.
That's the issue. I don't have access to any windows computers...
post #2570 of 3138

Ok i have been trying to find the answer to this question but I have not found it.  I have an ipod classic 80gig that I upgraded with a 240gig hard drive.  Due to limitations of that ipod, it is only able to see 130gigs of usable space.  I wanted to know if that is a software limit or a hardware limit on it and if I put rockbox on it, will it then see the full 240gigs? 

 

If anyone know the answer please let me know.  Thank you


Edited by rfs830 - 7/16/13 at 7:39pm
post #2571 of 3138
Been using my Rockboxed Classic for a few days and I'm blown away. Started converting all my CDs to FLAC and I'm going to order myself a shiny new 160gb in the next couple of weeks. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2572 of 3138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab View Post

Been using my Rockboxed Classic for a few days and I'm blown away. Started converting all my CDs to FLAC and I'm going to order myself a shiny new 160gb in the next couple of weeks. smily_headphones1.gif

 

You deserve it. Rockbox put the rest to shame.

post #2573 of 3138

I just rockboxed my 80gig and it works great.  Problem i think i have now is that sometimes its real slow when trying to back out of a menu.  it may just be that my click wheel needs to be replaced.  

post #2574 of 3138
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfs830 View Post

I just rockboxed my 80gig and it works great.  Problem i think i have now is that sometimes its real slow when trying to back out of a menu.  it may just be that my click wheel needs to be replaced.  

 

drive could be dying.  when my drive started failing it got really slugish with backing through the menus.

post #2575 of 3138

ok well i have to say, thanks to the rockbox software I know can use my full 240 gig drive.  ipod software would only let me see 130.  thank you rockbox.  

post #2576 of 3138
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfs830 View Post

I just rockboxed my 80gig and it works great.  Problem i think i have now is that sometimes its real slow when trying to back out of a menu.  it may just be that my click wheel needs to be replaced.  

 

Have you activated the Directory Cache?

 

Settings > General Settings > System > Disk > Directory Cache > Yes

post #2577 of 3138

So is this not possible with only a mac to do the install?

post #2578 of 3138
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

So is this not possible with only a mac to do the install?

Have you tried to update off the Rockbox site?

post #2579 of 3138
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post

Have you tried to update off the Rockbox site?

 

Where?  I just find this: "There is no Rockbox bootloader available yet, you need to use emCORE from freemyipod.org instead."  When I got to emCORE it has no native mac installer...

post #2580 of 3138
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

 

Where?  I just find this: "There is no Rockbox bootloader available yet, you need to use emCORE from freemyipod.org instead."  When I got to emCORE it has no native mac installer...

 EmCore is the only way to rockbox a classic and it does not support mac.   

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.