Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. - Page 136

post #2026 of 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post

nice, just drag and drop the whole .rockbox folder?

 

 

Yes, and after you unplug it from the computer, you'll be prompted to reboot the iPod. Do it, and it's done...

post #2027 of 3022

i just found this thread, i was browsing the site and was shocked to see

 

ive been waiting for this to be compatible with the classics for a long time now super excited to do this going to probably do it tomorrow

 

question though whats the difference between these?

 

and is there anything else really i should know.. and this is perfectly stable right?

 

When you get to the step saying Download the "rockbox-ipodclassic.zip" file, we advise you to use one of the following newer versions:


Custom builds by a user on this forum, lot’s of cool new stuff: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5xbw6cp4ikfxwn/MjELjmDNJ_ Note that the builds listed there are sorted on name, not on date!

 

Automated daily builds with the latest features on the patch tracker: http://www.rockbox.org/dl.cgi?bin=ipod6g


Edited by iamloco724 - 1/11/13 at 8:58pm
post #2028 of 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamloco724 View Post

i just found this thread, i was browsing the site and was shocked to see

 

ive been waiting for this to be compatible with the classics for a long time now super excited to do this going to probably do it tomorrow

 

question though whats the difference between these?

 

and is there anything else really i should know.. and this is perfectly stable right?

 

When you get to the step saying Download the "rockbox-ipodclassic.zip" file, we advise you to use one of the following newer versions:


Custom builds by a user on this forum, lot’s of cool new stuff: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5xbw6cp4ikfxwn/MjELjmDNJ_ Note that the builds listed there are sorted on name, not on date!

 

Automated daily builds with the latest features on the patch tracker: http://www.rockbox.org/dl.cgi?bin=ipod6g

I followed the steps and used the automated daily builds here http://www.rockbox.org/dl.cgi?bin=ipod6g on a brand new 7G Classic and it is great, this was also my first time rockboxing any iDevice

post #2029 of 3022

Aroldan and Castor Munoz, thank you very much. 130110 is beautiful. I love itL3000.gifbeyersmile.pngbeerchug.gif

post #2030 of 3022

Played with it for a few minutes and it seems to work fine on my dad's 80GB 6th gen.  A little slow to show up on my Win7 machine but other than that no complaints.

post #2031 of 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgiddonihah View Post

Played with it for a few minutes and it seems to work fine on my dad's 80GB 6th gen.  A little slow to show up on my Win7 machine but other than that no complaints.


Yeah, that's the only thing i noticed too.. But as previously said in this topic, it's not an usb key that you plug in to your usb port, there are other drivers at work to make it work this way. Takes 30 seconds max over here. cool.gif

 

I my experience, it helps a lot to wait for harrddrive spindown of the ipod before plugging it in, also, i think it's best not to be playing any song at that time. :P. Another thing; under Windows, always make sure to safely disconnect the device to prevent something still writing to it when you unplug it (perhaps a program in the background you might not be aware of, since it is offcourse, Windows) , which might cause data corruption, preventing the ipod to behave wonky the next time it's connected.. I have had 0 problems getting the Ipod connected and recognised every single time using the above methods.

 

Oh, and stay away from usb hubs, unless they are powered, like mine is. biggrin.gif You might want to skip usb hubs altogether though when you're about to follow the procedure to get the device Emcore'd and rockboxed the first time though.

post #2032 of 3022

Took me less than 5 Min's to get Rockbox up and running on a Gen 1 Nano, it now has drag and drop and is playing Flac files.

 

The search is on now for a 5.5 classic..
 

post #2033 of 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroldan View Post

New build at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5xbw6cp4ikfxwn/MjELjmDNJ_. Castor Muñoz made some really cool changes, including the support of all the frequencies of the DAC chip (up to 48Khz).

 

 

Hi, aroldan! Thank you for the new build! Can you tell me how to use the patch files that are included in the zip file, along with the ".rockbox" folder?

post #2034 of 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post


Hi, aroldan! Thank you for the new build! Can you tell me how to use the patch files that are included in the zip file, along with the ".rockbox" folder?
I'm thinking the build aleady has the patches in it. Aroldan probably added them for reference. wink.gif
post #2035 of 3022

ok so i just got rockbox on but i have a problem i went into emcore after and now i have have the white emcore screen that says dropped into emcore console and cant seem to get out of it

post #2036 of 3022

never mind figured out how to restart..i was looking for the way to turn off the boot menu is there a way to do that to go right into rockbox

 

also anyway to make the fonts bigger?


Edited by iamloco724 - 1/12/13 at 1:32pm
post #2037 of 3022

Hi All,

 

Just wondering...

how do UI interface look like for the ipod after rockbox.

can someone post a picture of the display interface and does the functions still remain the same after rockbox...

 

planning to rockbox but is hesitating...

im still on page 32 ...100 more go before i am ready

 

thanks for reading


Edited by Stealer - 1/12/13 at 3:06pm
post #2038 of 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post


Yes, and after you unplug it from the computer, you'll be prompted to reboot the iPod. Do it, and it's done...

Thanks!
post #2039 of 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxxneoxxx View Post

So, i took over these settings. Connected the Rockboxed ipod and changed the drive to the drive mounted. I am able to play music using Musicbee and see artwork there, but for the love of god am unable to find how i can get Musicbee to store artwork files @ 300 pixels in the folders of the Ipod. Is this even possible, or do you do this manually per folder or use this program to re-tag all your music and generate the cover art simultaniously? :P

Damn wish I would've seen this sooner. I've used that mp3tag program too but if you get musicbee working it's much more seamless and automated. If you look at the pic I posted, at the top right you have to choose your device, in this case the ipod classic. The settings you choose are device specific. Then on the bottom left you must choose "copy to the same folder as the music file" and put "cover" in the box for file naming. Check the box for "resize artwork to 300px" and you're good to go.
post #2040 of 3022
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamloco724 View Post

never mind figured out how to restart..i was looking for the way to turn off the boot menu is there a way to do that to go right into rockbox

 

also anyway to make the fonts bigger?

 

To always boot Rockbox directly can be set in the EmCORE menu (Tools > Settings > Fastboot action). If you installed the font pack (see first post of this topic) you can choose bigger fonts in the settings.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealer View Post

Hi All,

 

Just wondering...

how do UI interface look like for the ipod after rockbox.

can someone post a picture of the display interface and does the functions still remain the same after rockbox...

 

planning to rockbox but is hesitating...

im still on page 32 ...100 more go before i am ready

 

thanks for reading

 

Read the complete first post of this topic for more information. Stock theme looks like this.

Other themes can be found here or you can make your own theme using the Guidelines.

And what kind of functions are you referring to?


Edited by r100 - 1/13/13 at 5:31am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.