Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. - Page 123

post #1831 of 3252

So you shout a page that most of already knew about. And?

post #1832 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

So you shout a page that most of already knew about. And?

Exactly, most

post #1833 of 3252

Okay. I thought that you were implying that there is a relationship between the page and the current discussions. NVM

post #1834 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twister View Post

 

Really? I always wondered about that... That might explain why I get wildly varying readings on my battery levels.

 

So what IS the default setting? I think I may have played around with it to see what it did and might have confused my player of what my battery is capable of.

 

Actually, I'm forgetting how this works.  From the code:

 

/* 6g has a standard battery of 550mAh, except for the thick 6g (2007 160gb) which has a standard battery of 850mAh */

 

So for the thick models, it should be 850 mah.

 

By the way, like I said above this only impacts runtime estimation, not battery levels. You don't need to know how large a battery is to know how much charge it has, so this setting has no impact on the battery meter.

post #1835 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3ndrix View Post

Exactly, most

That page is dated September 2011 and about emcore rather then Rockbox so you probably shouldn't be paying too much attention to it.
post #1836 of 3252

I´m thinking about install rockbox in my 7G, but there is differents opinions about if it can improve sq. In the case of 5G I know it´s true, but in the case of 7G is there aren´t any improvement I´d prefer to follow with Apple firmware.

 

Can somebody tell me his experience?

post #1837 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sludig View Post

I´m thinking about install rockbox in my 7G, but there is differents opinions about if it can improve sq. In the case of 5G I know it´s true, but in the case of 7G is there aren´t any improvement I´d prefer to follow with Apple firmware.

 

Can somebody tell me his experience?

Just try it. You can always revert back to the Apple firmware...

post #1838 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sludig View Post

I´m thinking about install rockbox in my 7G, but there is differents opinions about if it can improve sq. In the case of 5G I know it´s true, but in the case of 7G is there aren´t any improvement I´d prefer to follow with Apple firmware.

Can somebody tell me his experience?

There is no improvement in sound quality for any iPod, but a more flexible eq and some extra DSP features.
post #1839 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post


There is no improvement in sound quality for any iPod, but a more flexible eq and some extra DSP features.

I feel my rockboxed 160G is much better than before in SQ. 

post #1840 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post


There is no improvement in sound quality for any iPod, but a more flexible eq and some extra DSP features.

I feel my rockboxed 160G is much better than before in SQ. 

The hardware didn't change....you just have more customization of the sound available.
Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus running ICS
post #1841 of 3252

Foobar2000 is better than Window's player... I feel. The hardware not changed.

post #1842 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post


The hardware didn't change....you just have more customization of the sound available.
Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus running ICS

 

Yeah.  Pretty much the only way it'll sound better is if you had the EU volume cap in the original firmware (and you consider louder to be better), or if you are using DSP (and consider our DSP to be better).  But if you set the volume to be the same and turn off all effects the output is the same ... because its still the same hardware.  

post #1843 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post

 

Yeah.  Pretty much the only way it'll sound better is if you had the EU volume cap in the original firmware (and you consider louder to be better), or if you are using DSP (and consider our DSP to be better).  But if you set the volume to be the same and turn off all effects the output is the same ... because its still the same hardware.  

Same volume, no effects : Rockboxed one sounds better than original iPod.  At least for me.


Edited by yosh - 11/24/12 at 1:35am
post #1844 of 3252
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh View Post

Same volume, no effects : Rockboxed one sounds better than original iPod.  At least for me.

Find a sample were the effect is obvious, record it with the apple firmware and Rockbox and then file a bug report so that whatever is wrong gets fixed. Probably though you'll find its just your imagination. People looked pretty carefully at the driver on the classic and it should be working correctly.
post #1845 of 3252
aroldan's 121124 now available wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.