I have the HD650 and I'm starting to think that the DT880 Pro is a bit tighter on my dome. Perhaps, phones just break in to your head and ease up a bit over time.
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 1/10/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 1/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- How important is distortion in choosing headphones? Last post on 12/14/11 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880's (250 ohms) with a Xonar Essence STX ? Last post on 8/28/11 at 9:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help!! All audiophiles!! Last post on 8/28/11 at 5:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 Blown Driver? Last post on 8/26/11 at 10:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Difference between Beyerdynamic DT990pro and DT880pro 250 OHMS Last post on 8/21/11 at 11:00am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
Acknowledgment Thanks 1MORE UK for providing this review sample in return for my honest opinion.IntroductionI heard about 1MORE from a fellow HeadFier, @canali, who told me I should check out the...
Amazon Etailer sent me wrong DT880s... - Page 2post #16 of 241/7/11 at 1:58pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 241/8/11 at 12:30ampost #18 of 241/8/11 at 1:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Kevin Brown
My impression, for the DT770 Pro's anyway, is that since the clamping force is higher, the bass response is increased too?
I think the bass on the DT880/250's is very well balanced as-is. I'd be concerned that it might be too boosted for the Pros.
And if the clamping force is higher, they might not be as comfortable over long listening sessions as the "std" model.
I think I'll be staying away from the STD model myself. I've no idea where it's been.
OP: As a Premium DT880 owner, I'll say one of its greatest attributes is its comfort and lack of clamping force. I would definitely advise seeing if you can get the version you ordered, as you're missing out on one of the joys of owning a Beyer otherwise.post #19 of 241/8/11 at 2:43am
I have to say after a few days of seasoning the headband, fully extended and cupped around a medium size military helmet, the clamp kinda feels like the premium Dt880's. Well overall very please with my Pro 880's, just need to season it! I would like to add that I wear glasses and having to 880's on didn't affect comfort in anyway.post #20 of 241/8/11 at 3:04pmQuote:
I'm old and slow sometimes. Took me a while to get this one.
But really, I grew up when the VD model was more common.
But I never had personal experience with it !!
post #21 of 241/9/11 at 9:11pmThread Starter
I ended up emailing the particular e-tailer who botched up my order. My request was for them to overnight me the proper pair of DT880 2005 250ohm headphones that I ordered and provide me with a shipping label to send the Pro version back. If need be they can put a hold on my CC for the proper headphones to ensure they get the wrong pair back. My decision was based on the tight clamping and the speculation that the premium version has a wider soundstage. I can live without the coiled cable. Now that I made my move let's hope that they counter with the right move.post #22 of 241/9/11 at 9:43pm
If the actual vendor you bought it from doesn't make it right call amazon directly even though you didn't technically buy it from them.
I'm not a fan of amazon's general business practice of accepting loss as a means to push the little guy out of business, but they will do almost anything to keep a customer. I would certainly not advocate any dishonest behavior, but they regularly send a second one of something "and dont worry about sending the first one back" to keep people happy.post #23 of 241/16/11 at 10:31amThread Starter
I ended up having to order the DT880 250 premiums from a different vendor. It turns out that Amazon had listed the item incorrectly as the premium version and the vendor didn't realize this. They apparently only sell the Pro versions of Beyerdynamic products. I sent the item back and since have received the correct phones. They sound great. I don't notice a real difference other than my head feeling a slight ache after a half hour. I do miss the the coiled up cable though.post #24 of 241/16/11 at 11:43am
I did not know the Pro and Premium version sound the same. Was under the impression that the Pros would sound slightly worse for some reason.
I wouldn't mind if Beyerdynamic just made 1 version of a headphone at a time like other manufacturers.
- Amazon Etailer sent me wrong DT880s...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Noble Audio Wizard Savanna Giveaway! 8 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 15 seconds ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Music for walking 25 seconds ago
- › iFi Nano iUSB 26 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...