I have the HD650 and I'm starting to think that the DT880 Pro is a bit tighter on my dome. Perhaps, phones just break in to your head and ease up a bit over time.
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 1/10/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 1/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- How important is distortion in choosing headphones? Last post on 12/14/11 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880's (250 ohms) with a Xonar Essence STX ? Last post on 8/28/11 at 9:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help!! All audiophiles!! Last post on 8/28/11 at 5:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT880 Blown Driver? Last post on 8/26/11 at 10:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Difference between Beyerdynamic DT990pro and DT880pro 250 OHMS Last post on 8/21/11 at 11:00am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So like many I'm not exactly into a super flat sound signature. I like some bass at times, actually pretty much all the time. I own flat headphones and I've heard many of the best flat headphones...
Introduction – Westone separate their universal range of iems into two categories, the consumer W series and the more professionally orientated UM Pro series that were designed for use during live...
First of all, I would like to thank Dimitri Trush, CEO of the MusicaAcoustics for providing me review sample of Oriolus in exchange of my honest opinion. Oriolus’ official website:...
These are easily the best headphones I have. They are a strange set in that they have a nice flat neutral sound signature that gives great detailed mids and highs, but have great sub and mid bass,...
First of all I would like to thank the team at www.hifiheadphones.co.uk for the review sample I had the opportunity to test out and to write a bit about it. This is a good sounding music player...
Amazon Etailer sent me wrong DT880s... - Page 2post #16 of 241/7/11 at 1:58pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 241/8/11 at 12:30ampost #18 of 241/8/11 at 1:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Kevin Brown
My impression, for the DT770 Pro's anyway, is that since the clamping force is higher, the bass response is increased too?
I think the bass on the DT880/250's is very well balanced as-is. I'd be concerned that it might be too boosted for the Pros.
And if the clamping force is higher, they might not be as comfortable over long listening sessions as the "std" model.
I think I'll be staying away from the STD model myself. I've no idea where it's been.
OP: As a Premium DT880 owner, I'll say one of its greatest attributes is its comfort and lack of clamping force. I would definitely advise seeing if you can get the version you ordered, as you're missing out on one of the joys of owning a Beyer otherwise.post #19 of 241/8/11 at 2:43am
I have to say after a few days of seasoning the headband, fully extended and cupped around a medium size military helmet, the clamp kinda feels like the premium Dt880's. Well overall very please with my Pro 880's, just need to season it! I would like to add that I wear glasses and having to 880's on didn't affect comfort in anyway.post #20 of 241/8/11 at 3:04pmQuote:
I'm old and slow sometimes. Took me a while to get this one.
But really, I grew up when the VD model was more common.
But I never had personal experience with it !!
post #21 of 241/9/11 at 9:11pmThread Starter
I ended up emailing the particular e-tailer who botched up my order. My request was for them to overnight me the proper pair of DT880 2005 250ohm headphones that I ordered and provide me with a shipping label to send the Pro version back. If need be they can put a hold on my CC for the proper headphones to ensure they get the wrong pair back. My decision was based on the tight clamping and the speculation that the premium version has a wider soundstage. I can live without the coiled cable. Now that I made my move let's hope that they counter with the right move.post #22 of 241/9/11 at 9:43pm
If the actual vendor you bought it from doesn't make it right call amazon directly even though you didn't technically buy it from them.
I'm not a fan of amazon's general business practice of accepting loss as a means to push the little guy out of business, but they will do almost anything to keep a customer. I would certainly not advocate any dishonest behavior, but they regularly send a second one of something "and dont worry about sending the first one back" to keep people happy.post #23 of 241/16/11 at 10:31amThread Starter
I ended up having to order the DT880 250 premiums from a different vendor. It turns out that Amazon had listed the item incorrectly as the premium version and the vendor didn't realize this. They apparently only sell the Pro versions of Beyerdynamic products. I sent the item back and since have received the correct phones. They sound great. I don't notice a real difference other than my head feeling a slight ache after a half hour. I do miss the the coiled up cable though.post #24 of 241/16/11 at 11:43am
I did not know the Pro and Premium version sound the same. Was under the impression that the Pros would sound slightly worse for some reason.
I wouldn't mind if Beyerdynamic just made 1 version of a headphone at a time like other manufacturers.
- Amazon Etailer sent me wrong DT880s...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 2 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 seconds ago
- › Alternative / Replacement for Sony MDR XB-500 42 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Why would 24 bit / 192 khz flac sound any better than 16 bit / 44.1... 1 minute ago
- › best earphones under 50$ to 100$ 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing high end headphones for games and music 2 minutes ago
- › Chapter 5 - Getting It Wrong 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 3 minutes ago
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...