For around $200 (street) that will satisfy me? I have 595's in storage that will be available later this year and have been happy with sonics. Currently have AKG 601's run with a LD I+ and again am happy. Either I listen a little too loudly to my music or others in my dwelling are not happy when I become engrossed in sound and more or less unavailable. Either way closed back cans seem in order now. I realize that some of the midrange, treble detail and transparency may need to be sacrificed going closed. I would in addition wish to gain some bottom end fullness over the AKS's while staying close to the clarity I have grown accustomed to.
- productAKG K 271 MK IItagged by System, 1/12/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- productFischer Audio FA-002tagged by System, 9/21/11
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 9/21/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/12/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best all around headphones Last post on 10/31/11 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- This time, one pair for $300-$350 Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphone 150-200 dolar Last post on 6/24/11 at 5:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Is There A Closed Back
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 51/5/11 at 6:21pmpost #3 of 51/6/11 at 9:53ampost #4 of 51/10/11 at 1:15pmThread Starterpost #5 of 51/10/11 at 1:54pm
I recommend Fischer Audio FA-003 or the FA-002w. You can get them from GD Audiobase or Bugden Audio. I have the FA-003 and they are awesome headphones. They are about as clear as it gets and the timbre and frequency balance on them is almost perfect. They do have a bit more bass than many open backed headphones (just a bit more), but the bass is amazingly tight and detailed for closed back headphones. The treble is also free of that metallic coloration found on many closed cans. The mids are just a tiny bit blurred, but they are very accurate and natural sounding overall.
I haven't heard the FA-002w but apparently the wooden cups make the sound a bit darker/warmer and more musical while also increasing refinement and tightening up the already great bass even further. The cheapest FA-002w is ~$207 from GD Audiobase while FA-003 is around $160-$170. I would personally go with FA-002w.
- Is There A Closed Back
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 3 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 4 minutes ago
- › Discussion for 2016 Florida meet 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...