For around $200 (street) that will satisfy me? I have 595's in storage that will be available later this year and have been happy with sonics. Currently have AKG 601's run with a LD I+ and again am happy. Either I listen a little too loudly to my music or others in my dwelling are not happy when I become engrossed in sound and more or less unavailable. Either way closed back cans seem in order now. I realize that some of the midrange, treble detail and transparency may need to be sacrificed going closed. I would in addition wish to gain some bottom end fullness over the AKS's while staying close to the clarity I have grown accustomed to.
- productAKG K 271 MK IItagged by System, 1/12/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- productFischer Audio FA-002tagged by System, 9/21/11
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 9/21/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/12/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best all around headphones Last post on 10/31/11 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- This time, one pair for $300-$350 Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphone 150-200 dolar Last post on 6/24/11 at 5:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRO:- Shozy, A brand that hails from HongKong, going strong since 2012, better known for their amplifiers, DAPs and DACs has the mighty popular Shozy Alien that looks, sounds and...
1) Disclaimer: A big thanks to Charles and Burson for offering me a review sample of the V5i dual op-amps in exchange for my honest opinion on them. No other compensation was offered or implied....
Being a tester and owner of many digital portable players , I had to participate to the head-fi review tour for Soundaware, especially since all the players of the brand have interested me for...
Unboxing and Packaging The ShareMe 5 arrived in a box that looks similar to the ShareMe Pro, but thicker. The packing inside is slightly nicer looking. The plastic container holding the...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/ibasso-it03-review/ I was honoured to be approached by iBasso with their first venture into IEM territory and they...
Is There A Closed Back
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 51/5/11 at 6:21pmpost #3 of 51/6/11 at 9:53ampost #4 of 51/10/11 at 1:15pmThread Starterpost #5 of 51/10/11 at 1:54pm
I recommend Fischer Audio FA-003 or the FA-002w. You can get them from GD Audiobase or Bugden Audio. I have the FA-003 and they are awesome headphones. They are about as clear as it gets and the timbre and frequency balance on them is almost perfect. They do have a bit more bass than many open backed headphones (just a bit more), but the bass is amazingly tight and detailed for closed back headphones. The treble is also free of that metallic coloration found on many closed cans. The mids are just a tiny bit blurred, but they are very accurate and natural sounding overall.
I haven't heard the FA-002w but apparently the wooden cups make the sound a bit darker/warmer and more musical while also increasing refinement and tightening up the already great bass even further. The cheapest FA-002w is ~$207 from GD Audiobase while FA-003 is around $160-$170. I would personally go with FA-002w.
- Is There A Closed Back
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman Edition X 50 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia vs. HIFIMAN HE1000 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Earbuds 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 5 minutes ago
- › ADEL™ Drum Earbuds 6 minutes ago
- › Best In-ear for comfort and passive noise cancelling, Recommend... 8 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...