For around $200 (street) that will satisfy me? I have 595's in storage that will be available later this year and have been happy with sonics. Currently have AKG 601's run with a LD I+ and again am happy. Either I listen a little too loudly to my music or others in my dwelling are not happy when I become engrossed in sound and more or less unavailable. Either way closed back cans seem in order now. I realize that some of the midrange, treble detail and transparency may need to be sacrificed going closed. I would in addition wish to gain some bottom end fullness over the AKS's while staying close to the clarity I have grown accustomed to.
- productAKG K 271 MK IItagged by System, 1/12/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- productFischer Audio FA-002tagged by System, 9/21/11
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 9/21/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/12/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 1/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best all around headphones Last post on 10/31/11 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- starting my headphone journey and need some advice on which headphones to get Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- This time, one pair for $300-$350 Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphone 150-200 dolar Last post on 6/24/11 at 5:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Is There A Closed Back
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 51/5/11 at 6:21pmpost #3 of 51/6/11 at 9:53ampost #4 of 51/10/11 at 1:15pmThread Starterpost #5 of 51/10/11 at 1:54pm
I recommend Fischer Audio FA-003 or the FA-002w. You can get them from GD Audiobase or Bugden Audio. I have the FA-003 and they are awesome headphones. They are about as clear as it gets and the timbre and frequency balance on them is almost perfect. They do have a bit more bass than many open backed headphones (just a bit more), but the bass is amazingly tight and detailed for closed back headphones. The treble is also free of that metallic coloration found on many closed cans. The mids are just a tiny bit blurred, but they are very accurate and natural sounding overall.
I haven't heard the FA-002w but apparently the wooden cups make the sound a bit darker/warmer and more musical while also increasing refinement and tightening up the already great bass even further. The cheapest FA-002w is ~$207 from GD Audiobase while FA-003 is around $160-$170. I would personally go with FA-002w.
- Is There A Closed Back
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 11 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 54 seconds ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 1 minute ago
- › Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread-... 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KATANA 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › What computer speakers to get? 4 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 4 minutes ago
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...