the Hifiman's have very little bass. Not the kind you seem to look for. Wonderful everywhere else, but very dry bass like my UE 700's.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHippotagged by System, 8/10/11
- productHippo Shroomtagged by System, 8/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/6/11
- productMiles Davis Seven Steps to Heaventagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMonster Miles Davis Tribute Jazz In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandMyron Davistagged by System, 1/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade from Atrios Last post on 10/15/12 at 12:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are there fake monster miles davis trumpets? Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help! Monster Turbine Copper / Miles Davis for life in the real world? Last post on 6/8/11 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones - Page 32post #466 of 50712/4/13 at 12:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #467 of 50712/4/13 at 12:30amQuote:
Fit is a bit snugger than the trumpets, but very similar, so you might want to look into the Senns?post #468 of 50712/4/13 at 12:32am
I guess my ears are rather small, and with Trumpets the seal even with the smallest tips was not good, which meant no bass. I found the perfect fit and seal with Hifiman RE's in 10 minutes. And the SQ on RE-400 equals the Trumpets. RE-600 SQ is even better. So, I am happy with them as my IEM monitors, when traveling light. When not in a train or plane, I still prefer OEMs, and my current travel companion in addition to RE-600 is Audio Technica ATHESW9A.post #469 of 50712/4/13 at 12:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Dr Riddim
I guess my ears are rather small, and with Trumpets the seal even with the smallest tips was not good, which meant no bass. I found the perfect fit and seal with Hifiman RE's in 10 minutes. And the SQ on RE-400 equals the Trumpets. RE-600 SQ is even better. So, I am happy with them as my IEM monitors, when traveling light. When not in a train or plane, I still prefer OEMs, and my current travel companion in addition to RE-600 is Audio Technica ATHESW9A.
The RE's have simlar SQ, but NOT bass depth, weight, or character. They are known for their dry accurate linear bass. Yes the RE's have amazing and transparent sound, but the bass is simply not there, especially for someone who thinks Trumpet bass is light.post #470 of 50712/4/13 at 12:47am
Thanks guys, I haven't heard about those senns but I'm going to read some reviews. I'm intrigued for the Hifimans, they seem to be pretty solid, and according to Vinylrules they're better than the trumpets overall. The yamahas look awesome too but I'm afraid I'll have the same problems with them due to the size, I don't know. Any other advice will be appreciated.post #471 of 50712/4/13 at 1:07ampost #472 of 50712/4/13 at 1:28am
I said the Trumpet's seal did not work for me at all, so I could not hear bass without holding them in ears with my hands. With a good seal they might have more bass that RE's, and I like their clean highs, but the lack of seal was the reason I have for the time being stopped using them. I still have the Trumpets and I would love to find a seal solution to be able to give them another chance.post #473 of 50712/4/13 at 1:55am
The Sennheiser CX 985's are currently on sale on amazon.com for $119.00. That's $40.00 off.post #474 of 50712/4/13 at 7:22ampost #475 of 50712/4/13 at 9:25amDarn toot in' they are impressive. Wait till you get 100+ hours of burn in time, and if you manage a strong seal? You'll spend hours with your music collection without ever wanting to reach for anything else but. My fiancé does this very thing. You should see her spring clean with these things on?!post #476 of 50712/4/13 at 1:55pm
I am wondering if the poster who says he could not get a good seal needed a larger tip not a smaller one. I use the disgusting but effective saliva process on my Trumpet tips (I use different sizes for each ear) and the seal is perfect. I also wear them over the year, out and about, and they stay put for the most part. I think they sound better OTE in fact. While the Trumpets have never been a buzz creator on HF, I know they are simply fantastic, balanced with just the right amount of each frequency. And over time, they improve like a fine wine. At around $100, they are a stone cold steal. I might even buy a second pair, even with the lifetime guarantee, because sooner or late, Monster will stop stocking them and replacements will be something else.
Just a little tip. Amazon sells them at around $100 on their Warehouse site, which is in the "Used " area. They are not used, but merely returned. I got my pair from them for like $125, and now they are even cheaper. $109 for used very good and $111 for used like new. And if they are defective in any way, it's Amazon so you will get your replacement. Plus, Amazon is an authoriized reseller of Monster stuff.
Edited by mymymyopie - 12/4/13 at 1:58pmpost #477 of 50712/4/13 at 2:48pmMymymyopie, you are right on about all of that. Well..can't say much about over the ear, since I've never really tried it, plus they don't fit my ears right, which is why my fiancé commands them most days. I still fight the fit issue and use them when I listen to jazz.
Edited by IEMagnet01 - 12/4/13 at 6:03pmpost #478 of 50712/4/13 at 2:48pmpost #479 of 50712/4/13 at 3:07pmI just started auditioning the VSONIC VSD1S exclusively today, and though I was impressed with these out of the box and with less than a couple hours of burn in (I was using my FXT90's and my now sold XBA-30), now that I've put away my 90's and are giving these this week, these might very well leap frog my FXT90's as my favorite IEM (at least until my S2's arrive). Another high class winner from VSONIC.post #480 of 50712/16/13 at 8:38pm
Been auditioning these for a while, I actually really like them!
They're as good as the XBA3s, treble not as extended but it is more lush I suppose - and this is just out of the box! Curious to see the changes after 100hrs+
They look pretty but a bit flimsy, and though the box and accessories looks nice from a far, if you actually look the build quality of the box it is quite horrendous... If it wasnt for the sound I would have thought I got a fake product hahaReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 32 seconds ago
- › Zune and Clip Zip - how to amp? DAC needed? + general noob questions 41 seconds ago
- › Automatic random wireless startgate for motorcross 50 seconds ago
- › best headphone in the world? 1 minute ago
- › HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)