the Hifiman's have very little bass. Not the kind you seem to look for. Wonderful everywhere else, but very dry bass like my UE 700's.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHippotagged by System, 8/10/11
- productHippo Shroomtagged by System, 8/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/6/11
- productMiles Davis Seven Steps to Heaventagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMonster Miles Davis Tribute Jazz In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandMyron Davistagged by System, 1/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade from Atrios Last post on 10/15/12 at 12:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are there fake monster miles davis trumpets? Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help! Monster Turbine Copper / Miles Davis for life in the real world? Last post on 6/8/11 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Website: LINK Product page: LINK Price: $50 + Shipping The package… The cable arrives in a small cardboard box and just the cable well wrapped inside. Nothing...
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
I have been using this for over a year now and use it nearly daily. Extremely versatile component can be used not only for mobile play, but also line out to my receiver (don't yet have funds for...
I purchased these headphones based on reviews, specifications, and looks and I am not disappointed in the least. The initial comfort for the headphones was good, but it took some adjusting to stop...
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones - Page 32post #466 of 52612/4/13 at 12:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #467 of 52612/4/13 at 12:30amQuote:
Fit is a bit snugger than the trumpets, but very similar, so you might want to look into the Senns?post #468 of 52612/4/13 at 12:32am
I guess my ears are rather small, and with Trumpets the seal even with the smallest tips was not good, which meant no bass. I found the perfect fit and seal with Hifiman RE's in 10 minutes. And the SQ on RE-400 equals the Trumpets. RE-600 SQ is even better. So, I am happy with them as my IEM monitors, when traveling light. When not in a train or plane, I still prefer OEMs, and my current travel companion in addition to RE-600 is Audio Technica ATHESW9A.post #469 of 52612/4/13 at 12:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Dr Riddim
I guess my ears are rather small, and with Trumpets the seal even with the smallest tips was not good, which meant no bass. I found the perfect fit and seal with Hifiman RE's in 10 minutes. And the SQ on RE-400 equals the Trumpets. RE-600 SQ is even better. So, I am happy with them as my IEM monitors, when traveling light. When not in a train or plane, I still prefer OEMs, and my current travel companion in addition to RE-600 is Audio Technica ATHESW9A.
The RE's have simlar SQ, but NOT bass depth, weight, or character. They are known for their dry accurate linear bass. Yes the RE's have amazing and transparent sound, but the bass is simply not there, especially for someone who thinks Trumpet bass is light.post #470 of 52612/4/13 at 12:47am
Thanks guys, I haven't heard about those senns but I'm going to read some reviews. I'm intrigued for the Hifimans, they seem to be pretty solid, and according to Vinylrules they're better than the trumpets overall. The yamahas look awesome too but I'm afraid I'll have the same problems with them due to the size, I don't know. Any other advice will be appreciated.post #471 of 52612/4/13 at 1:07am
As long as you don't mind flat bass response, then the RE's are probably the best value for you?post #472 of 52612/4/13 at 1:28am
I said the Trumpet's seal did not work for me at all, so I could not hear bass without holding them in ears with my hands. With a good seal they might have more bass that RE's, and I like their clean highs, but the lack of seal was the reason I have for the time being stopped using them. I still have the Trumpets and I would love to find a seal solution to be able to give them another chance.post #473 of 52612/4/13 at 1:55am
The Sennheiser CX 985's are currently on sale on amazon.com for $119.00. That's $40.00 off.post #474 of 52612/4/13 at 7:22ampost #475 of 52612/4/13 at 9:25amDarn toot in' they are impressive. Wait till you get 100+ hours of burn in time, and if you manage a strong seal? You'll spend hours with your music collection without ever wanting to reach for anything else but. My fiancé does this very thing. You should see her spring clean with these things on?!post #476 of 52612/4/13 at 1:55pm
I am wondering if the poster who says he could not get a good seal needed a larger tip not a smaller one. I use the disgusting but effective saliva process on my Trumpet tips (I use different sizes for each ear) and the seal is perfect. I also wear them over the year, out and about, and they stay put for the most part. I think they sound better OTE in fact. While the Trumpets have never been a buzz creator on HF, I know they are simply fantastic, balanced with just the right amount of each frequency. And over time, they improve like a fine wine. At around $100, they are a stone cold steal. I might even buy a second pair, even with the lifetime guarantee, because sooner or late, Monster will stop stocking them and replacements will be something else.
Just a little tip. Amazon sells them at around $100 on their Warehouse site, which is in the "Used " area. They are not used, but merely returned. I got my pair from them for like $125, and now they are even cheaper. $109 for used very good and $111 for used like new. And if they are defective in any way, it's Amazon so you will get your replacement. Plus, Amazon is an authoriized reseller of Monster stuff.
Edited by mymymyopie - 12/4/13 at 1:58pmpost #477 of 52612/4/13 at 2:48pmMymymyopie, you are right on about all of that. Well..can't say much about over the ear, since I've never really tried it, plus they don't fit my ears right, which is why my fiancé commands them most days. I still fight the fit issue and use them when I listen to jazz.
Edited by IEMagnet01 - 12/4/13 at 6:03pmpost #478 of 52612/4/13 at 2:48pmNo iem is better looking than the MMDT.
Edited by IEMagnet01 - 12/4/13 at 6:04pmpost #479 of 52612/4/13 at 3:07pmI just started auditioning the VSONIC VSD1S exclusively today, and though I was impressed with these out of the box and with less than a couple hours of burn in (I was using my FXT90's and my now sold XBA-30), now that I've put away my 90's and are giving these this week, these might very well leap frog my FXT90's as my favorite IEM (at least until my S2's arrive). Another high class winner from VSONIC.post #480 of 52612/16/13 at 8:38pm
Been auditioning these for a while, I actually really like them!
They're as good as the XBA3s, treble not as extended but it is more lush I suppose - and this is just out of the box! Curious to see the changes after 100hrs+
They look pretty but a bit flimsy, and though the box and accessories looks nice from a far, if you actually look the build quality of the box it is quite horrendous... If it wasnt for the sound I would have thought I got a fake product hahaReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser ie7 / i8 malfunction 19 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 45 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations on desktop headphone/amp setup for 80% low fi... 2 minutes ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 2 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › What to get as second headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear