That sucks :-( Hope it gets sorted out. Another IEM to add to my never buy list :-(
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHippotagged by System, 8/10/11
- productHippo Shroomtagged by System, 8/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 1/6/11
- productMiles Davis Seven Steps to Heaventagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMonster Miles Davis Tribute Jazz In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandMyron Davistagged by System, 1/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade from Atrios Last post on 10/15/12 at 12:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are there fake monster miles davis trumpets? Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help! Monster Turbine Copper / Miles Davis for life in the real world? Last post on 6/8/11 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones - Page 23post #331 of 5261/27/12 at 12:20am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #332 of 5261/27/12 at 1:02amQuote:Originally Posted by BustyBloke
Truer words were never spoken. Just snapped right off when I pulled it out of my ear. I go very easy on my IEM's btw - I have never had anything like this happen to my other 'phones.
It's a shame too, I really liked the way they sounded... So much for the "rugged strain relief" which supposedly protects the cable and withstands heavy use. The black part of the strain relief is just really thin plastic, and mine cracked in half.
I didn't yank the cable to get the earpiece out. I always tried to grab the gold metal ring at the end of the earpiece when inserting or removing the 'phones, but unless you have microscopic tweezers for fingers, it will be very hard to avoid putting pressure on the black plastic bit.
Will try to call up on the "unheard of limited lifetime guarantee" from Monster and keep you guys posted.
maybe in reality and science, the overall weight of the cord and the plugs were much heavier than the phones.post #333 of 5261/27/12 at 11:14ampost #334 of 5261/27/12 at 11:15am
I wouldn't say the cord nor the plug(s) was heavier than the IEM itself. I don't know how you pull it out of your ear, but I always took it by the gold part so it never gave any strain to the cable.post #335 of 5262/6/12 at 7:39am
Just to follow up on my post about my broken cable above.
In short, they replaced my broken phones with a new pair, no questions asked. For those of you who care to read on, I would just like to share a few things from my visit.
Finally got around to visiting Monster's Hong Kong distributor, called Dah Chong Something or Rather Company today. Their office was in a run-down industrial building (as opposed to a nice commercial office type building). I understand that the system over here is a little different from the States because I think you have to post your headphones back and forth and communicate over the phone with Monster (correct me if I am wrong). I suppose this in-person-service system works in Hong Kong because the place is so geographically small that anyone can travel anywhere in the region within a few hours. Monster products are also crazy-popular over here.
There was a young fella in front of me who complained that his iBeats (?) remote + mic functions did not work with his Samsung Galaxy I. The man at the counter tried to explain to him that the Control Talk features only work on Apple i-Devices because the Galaxy I uses a different pin-out plug. The young fella left in a fit of rage.
Next up was a lady returning 2 pairs Beats by Dr. Dre (don't know the model, but they folded up). Not sure what the problem was.
Then it was me. I opened up my box to show the man behind the counter the broken strain relief and explained to him that it broke when I pulled it out of my ear. He checked my receipt (which was from an authorized retailer), and gave me a little form to fill out. He went out back and returned with a new set of MD Trumpets mint in the box. He opened the box and just gave me the new phones to try out. They worked fine, so he took my old broken phones away and told me that I don't get the new accessories as well (which is fair, I wasn't expecting to get another copy of Sketches of Spain + tips + cases anyway).
The guy behind me also had a broken pair of MD Trumpets, so we went off lamenting how fragile these phones were but how much we liked the sound. Turns out he had a cable fault too, though his did't break completely off like mine. He said he wanted to "upgrade" to a pair of MD Tributes and that he would pay for the price difference, but not surprisingly, the Monster staff said no. I told him that my MD Tributes seem pretty flimsy at the cable joint as well and that I am a little reluctant to use them on the go, so it probably wasn't a good solution for him.
I got caught up in the moment and brandished my good old Ety ER4.S, exclaiming how durable they were. The Monster staff and the other Trumpet owner silently stared at them, in awe, I thought at first. Then they both talked about how beautiful the MD Trumpets were in comparison... and they were right, the ER4.S's look like they were cobbled together from spare computer parts in the 1980's.
The Monster staff went on to explain that they use bio-degradable plastic in their headphones, which is supposedly weaker than regular plastic. I am not sure what to make of this, but it almost seemed like an admission that there was a problem with their product's durability. Mine broke within a month and the other guy said his pair was 2 months old.
All in all, it was an interesting experience. Monster really came through on the limited lifetime warranty, so I am glad. Of course, I would rather they not break in the first place.post #336 of 5263/6/12 at 7:01ampost #337 of 5263/6/12 at 8:05ampost #338 of 5263/14/12 at 4:04pm
Monster is replacing my miles davis with these headphones and so far it looks like I'll enjoy them. Only question is has anyone had luck getting custom molds/ a company to do them for these headphones? Was about to do it on my miles davis but then the left drivers went all quietpost #339 of 5263/14/12 at 4:55pmpost #340 of 5263/22/12 at 9:32pmpost #341 of 5263/22/12 at 9:40pmpost #342 of 5263/23/12 at 3:03amQuote:
Hmm.. A previous poster said he had to stretch his out. Would you happen to know any foam tips that are compatible?post #343 of 5263/25/12 at 11:38pm
I just received these a few days ago and I have had the opportunity to listen to them throughout this weekend. Initial impressions are that they are, by far, the best looking IEMs I have owned. However, the tips that came with these are almost a deal breaker. The foam tips are really stiff and the three sizes of normal tips don't really work for me. The mic control keeps pulling the left speaker out of my ears and breaks the seal I had. I can't really say anything about the sound because I don't think I'm getting the right seal.
Anyone know of a compatible foam tip that works with these? I use comply tips for pretty much all my IEMs and I'm disappointed to know these aren't compatible with them..post #344 of 5263/26/12 at 12:30amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400 1 minute ago
- › Stax SRM-007TII official EU 230V 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Xelento! 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 9 minutes ago
- › Full size cans newbie - Ideas for an alternative to my 1964 U8 IEM? 10 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 10 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear